Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Doomsayer during WoD beta: WoD will suck and people will quit!
    Fanboys: no they won't fuck off with your opinion.
    People quit.

Doomsayer during Legion beta: legiondaries sucks and people will be outraged!
    People become outraged and Blizzard has to change legiondaries.

Doomsayer during BfA beta: BfA will suck and people will quit!
    ...see where this is going?

Mythic raiders and M+ players don't have anything to worry about, those are up to par like always. PvP is still dogshit but it has been dogshit for years so no changes there. The problems are completely unnecessary changes (WQGF getting nuked, GCD, pruning) and the lore dumpster fire we're seeing. The best parts of BfA's story have nothing to do with the faction conflict at all (G'huun and the Drust). Unfortunately 8.0 ends with all of those threats resolved and the focus shifting towards the faction conflict. And everything we have seen about the faction conflict so far has been complete dogshit.

The worst thing that can happen is if Azshara and N'Zoth get offed in 8.2 and 8.3 respectively and the faction conflict robs us of a story that Blizzard has been building up to since 4.0. Did you know that the Thunder King was originally intended to be the main villain of MoP? Yep, that got scrapped in favor of a crappy faction war story. And now we're heading in the same direction again.

The day there isn't backlash for something in this game is the day that there is no more player base.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Funny thing is the new bags from tailoring are still only 30 slot.. Makes me wonder if they have hit a wall with how far they can go with bag slots..
    There are 32 slot bags. They just take the final dungeon boss drop to make that is also used to make high end crafted gear.
    The 30 slot bags are not cd limited or restricted by anything but mats and will gradually supplant hexweave bags as the mats get cheap later on on in BfA.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/item=154696/e...d-deep-sea-bag

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    There are 32 slot bags. They just take the final dungeon boss drop to make that is also used to make high end crafted gear.
    The 30 slot bags are not cd limited or restricted by anything but mats and will gradually supplant hexweave bags as the mats get cheap later on on in BfA.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/item=154696/e...d-deep-sea-bag
    Ahh k interesting thanks for the info, I wondered if there were ever going to be bigger bags..

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not necessarily. As I already pointed out, there are negative similarities to WoD and we all know how WoD was received and how much it underperformed. Based on these similarities I'd claim that we can see a trend that BfA is rather going to fail than going to be a success. The most important things to counter a possible failure are the content patches and the things Blizzard has planned over the course of the expansion. But the lack of features and the abysmal class design are major obstacles and things that can't really be solved in content patches.
    This is such a reductive way of looking at things. WoD was praised to the high heavens by most in the opening weeks because its leveling experience and the initial feeling of the garrison were cool. It is after that things soured when everyone found out it had almost nothing else going for it, massive amounts of cut content, story that's not just bad but plain disjointed and nonsensical, no open world content, a shit PvP battleground, professions the most useless they ever were, gutted LFR, no endgame to speak of for everyone but Normal+ raiders.

To pretend BfA will be the same is asinine. It doesn't have the cut content WoD has nor the change in direction that xpack suffered. It has new features, Warfronts probably won't last that long but Expeditions are packed with rewards and will be run a lot. It still has WQs and M+s which have proven their worth as endgame content. It encourages leveling at least 2 characters. And while the faction war plot sucks balls, the bulk of the leveling is about the local stories and these are fine.

Class design has been a running complaint forever (what, you think people liked being buff bots in BC or Death Knights being faceroll OP in early Wrath?) and I don't think it feels bad when in hand at all. People go ''but we lose so much stuff!!'' yet that doesn't matter much if the specs are changed to no longer need that which the majority were. Some specs, like Shadow or DPS Shamans, do need help but that's not reflective of all classes.

Basically you're inferring BfA will be like WoD because WoD is bad and you don't like BfA so it must be bad like WoD.

Honestly I question the intelligence of people comparing WoD to BFA and saying BFA is somehow going to be worse. It's so fucking stupid I literally have to facepalm every time I read it. Anyone in the beta can tell you there are so many more things worth doing in comparison to WoD that it's not even funny.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    So what are the issues then. I've played alpha and beta. I generally like the changes to the classes I play and the gameplay seems fine. Still a couple graphical glitches and some minor quest bugs, but thats all I see. Where would this backlash be focused on. The stat squish? Class pruning? Class changes?
    Gotta agree with this person...

My class is better on the beta than on live. Or well, Balance feels better on the beta, and Restoratition feels about the same. Last I checked, I had more spells on the beta than on live. GCD's isn't much an issue either. Think I've found one GCD that bothers me.

I am not a fan of the faction war, but the story we're getting next to the faction war is looking good so far. Not a huge fan of the island Expeditions and Warfronts though, those will probably get old really fast. They've been enjoyable now when they are fresh, but I think I might get fed up with them fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Logorrhea View Post
    I'd be very interested to see sub numbers comparing Legion 7.1 and BfA 8.1 when it's released.

Conveniently Blizzard has stopped reporting these numbers (due to embarrassment at how low they are) but it would still be fascinating to see.
    I believe they also used to report their profits, but no more.

From what info I have, today they consider "great profit" numbers that were "number 5-6" 10 years ago.

Everything you said in your OP is subjective. And you state that if anyone disagrees with you it "doesn't mean shit". Real rational thought going on around here, gratz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Everything you said in your OP is subjective. And you state that if anyone disagrees with you it "doesn't mean shit". Real rational thought going on around here, gratz.
    I was just about to write exactly the same thing!!
    GMTA
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The Azerite system doesn't seem that bad to me honestly. At least it's character wide now which is a huge improvement from artifacts, that alone negates the idea that they only took the 'bad' parts of artifacts.
    Just the fact that your AP is added as soon as you earn it, without having an item in your bag you have to stop and click, makes it an improvement over the artifact system in this druid's humble opinion. No more having to swap specs and spend 5 minutes clearing my bags.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Just the fact that your AP is added as soon as you earn it, without having an item in your bag you have to stop and click, makes it an improvement over the artifact system in this druid's humble opinion. No more having to swap specs and spend 5 minutes clearing my bags.
    My first time poking around beta when I got my first AP reward I spent a good two or three minutes wondering where the heck my ap reward went to in my bag before i dawned on me I didn't have to click it anymore. It was a wonderful, liberating feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    My first time poking around beta when I got my first AP reward I spent a good two or three minutes wondering where the heck my ap reward went to in my bag before i dawned on me I didn't have to click it anymore. It was a wonderful, liberating feeling.
    *guffaw*

I can totally see that happening. I got a couple AP tokens since the patch and used them before I remembered I'm supposed to sell them now. Ah well, there went 50g.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Despite what the sunshine and rainbows crowd on these forums who defend blizzard no matter what say, what they fail to realize is 99% of the player base doesn't read forums or keep up with upcoming changes.

This was observed during WoD. Sure, lots of people on the forums pointed out the massive glaring flaws during beta, but people insisted everything would be fine and dandy.

Then release day rolled around, and over the coming weeks a shitstorm unlike no other erupted. All of the problems pointed out in beta became known to everybody and blizzard lost nearly half of their subscribers in a few months.

I see the same happening in BfA. Once the playerbase at large realize what blizzard has done, there will be backlash, and this time it may be even bigger than the WoD backlash because it proved blizzard learned nothing.

Now, before you reply "but but but I played beta and I like da changes!!!", realize that doesn't mean shit. There were people who liked WoD too but it didn't stop it from being disastrous for the game as a whole. The sunshine and rainbows " everything's always perfect!" crowd on these forums are in for yet another rude awakening.

Edit: since people keep asking me to list my reasons, allow me to summarize the issues
    Stat squish
    Class pruning
    Class design as a whole
    Lack of worthwhile content
    GCD change
    Azerite system is dogshit, basically all the boring parts about artifacts minus the good parts
    Atrocious asspull excuse for a story
    Massive lack of replayability
    95% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I love that you're gonna complain about a product that isn't even in it's release form yet. Enjoy that anger.

the game will die so much sooner than Legion we wont even feel the "burn-out".

Honestly, I think the worst of the backlash already happened, I pretty much guarantee you that this will be like a reverse MOP scenario where a few people totally freak out and swear the expansion off and it might cause a dip in subs early on, but it will actually bring in a lot of people due to very strong word of mouth when it releases because it's legitimately a strong xpac. All it really doesn't have going on is the hype factor of LEGION because OMG we're finally taking the fight to the BURNING LEGION itself!!!!! WHOOOOOA! So kewl!
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-06-27 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magman View Post
    And where do you pull a statistic like that from?
    That statistic is 100% pulled out of his stretched asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Gotta agree with this person...

My class is better on the beta than on live. Or well, Balance feels better on the beta, and Restoratition feels about the same. Last I checked, I had more spells on the beta than on live. GCD's isn't much an issue either. Think I've found one GCD that bothers me.

I am not a fan of the faction war, but the story we're getting next to the faction war is looking good so far. Not a huge fan of the island Expeditions and Warfronts though, those will probably get old really fast. They've been enjoyable now when they are fresh, but I think I might get fed up with them fairly quick.
    I am also concerned as to how Blizz will try and get longevity out of Island Expeditions and Warfronts. I wonder if they will be releasing new Warfronts each patch. Hopefully they will have some good variety.

Deleted
    At least there is no hype this time, so maybe people will not have sky high expectations this time either.

That's what created the backlash for WoD, high expectations and they didn't deliver. This time it's pretty clear it's more of a filler expansion like Cata and not one on the scale of Legion or MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    At least there is no hype this time, so maybe people will not have sky high expectations this time either.

That's what created the backlash for WoD, high expectations and they didn't deliver. This time it's pretty clear it's more of a filler expansion like Cata and not one on the scale of Legion or MoP.
    I agree with you on expectations and all but this "filler expansion" meme doesn't even make sense. I mean, lore-wise inarguably much more impactful events transpired in Cataclysm than in MOP, MOP also only happened because of the Cataclysm and felt like a sort of continuation to those storylines/themes. Meanwhile, BFA has an extremely similar set up to MOP, except MOP didn't start with sacking two faction capitals and did not have a single huge Lore character as a boss.

BFA already has it beat in both those categories, not to mention it has quite a bit more content at launch than pretty much any expansion, whether or not it's a new take on an old type of content is irrelevant, the vast majority of the game is that. BFA is also picking up on threads both from pre-Cata build up (Zalazane returns etc) and picking up all sorts of lose ends from where MOP left off or continuing from threads that took a breather in WOD and resurfaced a bit in Legion.

I don't see how anyone could see this as a "filler expansion" as if to say nothing of consequence happens. We're going to face Queen Azshara in this expansion, that's huge in and of itself. We're going to conclude Jaina's quest for revenge, that's pretty huge whether you're into that or not. And we're seeing the aftermath of what happened to the Mogu and the Zandalari after Throne of Thunder and it's interesting seeing how the tables turned in that situation.

For me WOD is the only outlier, and Legion was supposed to be this huge event expansion and was a major course correction but it had a lot of flaws. This seems like we're finally getting back on track.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-06-27 at 03:51 PM.