Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A mass of Arcane, not Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    World souls are masses of Arcane, not Light.
    They are masses of the Light which were thrown into Reality as it was created. It's stated in the Chronicles and, I think, in the audiodrama as well. They are not as pure as the pieces of the Light that became Naaru, but they are of the Light. Just as elementals were born of the Light which mixed with the elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well the OP does have a point. Life exists on planets without a world soul.
    If the world soul died, what would be the consequences?

I know what the consequences would be if the world soul woke up... everyone on azeroth would be dead?
    It is a very interesting concept of living on a planet with a world soul, but i see more disadvantages on the planet being alive rather than dead.
    Ofc. This is my wish only and there are no chances for it to happen, but it would be awesome
    Advantages on being dead:
    - no more danger from the corruption of the void. The old gods' purpose would cease to exist.
    - no more danger from awakening (death for all who live in the planet?)
    - no more Azerite: no need for more artifically made faction conflicts
    - Planets without a world soul are able to sustain life as well (see Draenor)

Advantages on being alive:
    - In an ethical point of view, it is the right thing to do (to protect the life of the planet)
    - People from azeroth can brag to all the aliens out there that their planet is "special"
    - More cut scenes with Magni Bronzebeard and more wow content with old god stuff, but those are just gameplay reasons
    I always wanted for it to be born. As end of WoW, massive epic patch to prepare every living thing to get trough a big ass portals in every zone and then release new game, on a new planet. Some overlaps with current story, maybe as history only, ancestors for new characters in new game, so we can start new MMO.

Ofc it is only my dream, nothing more.

Am I having deja vu, or was there another thread identical to this just a few weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the corruption angle then doesn't matter as there's nothing to corrupt further and the only real question is what affect does a dead world soul have on a planet with existing life? Other planets seem to get on just fine with NO world soul so it seems like something that needs more understanding than "OMG the world is dieing" #act
    We have Magni's vision in his "The Speaker" comic, in which Azeroth literally broke apart with an explosion from her core as "-- she's dyin --". While it's just a vision and if one want to be skeptical, they can argue that maybe Azeroth was sending Magni a false vision intentionally to save herself, but we can't be sure about that and have no mean to confirm its validity - who would want to ignore it with a risk that big? It's not like the World Soul has never shown any interaction with the planet's events, for example, most recently, the pain from Sargeras' stab alone already drove the elements crazy. "But, what if we can't trust Magni"? Why wouldn't we? Magni is well-known and respected by both the Alliance AND the Horde before he became the Speaker, now he turned into the representative of the planet itself, why shouldn't we trust him without any good reason, especially when we already saw the elements being driven insane at the wound?

The possibility that the Void won't bother with Azeroth anymore isn't really a good reason. Sure, we will be left alone for a while. Yet, the universe is vast, presumably there would be other planets out there with a World Soul - do we want to risk having Azeroth dying, just so some years from now on - perhaps one, or dozens, millions - when a Void-corrupted Titan comes, we have nothing to back us up (not necessarily awoken, just share her power with us like it has been would be enough)?

Lastly, you can't compare Azeroth (or any planet with a world soul) with other planets without world soul. They were formed differently for different purposes. Planets without world soul just formed naturally, probably like real world planets. Planets with world souls actually formed around the world soul specifically to protect it. The World Souls themselves - or at least, Azeroth's, also consumed much of the planet's Spirit elements - the "life-giving force interconnects and binds all things in existence as one", so that power now comes from the world soul instead of the Spirit Elements on the planet (as they were largely consumed).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-06-28 at 02:07 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I mean, let's not forget something as simple as Pandaria.

Almost all the crops were bountiful because of the water that came from the Vale. The water that was enhanced by Azeroth's power.

The truth is we don't know how much of Azeroth being a Titan affects the ability to live on the planet. So why risk it? Especially considering how many races evolved because of Azeroth too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I dunno because it's the right thing to do? A planet dying would show the consequences, life itself may start decaying, the land may turn into wastelands etc etc. Also all that Azerite that we got? It will eventually run out and whoever has the most may decide the fate of all. Since some people know there is an actual being in the planet, it's kinda a given to want to save it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    And i tough that thread about ilidan dying a virgin was the bottom of this forum

are you asking that for real? like dude, its like asking why would you want save yourself in a fire

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As it seems that planets successfully corrupted by the Void or the Fel become inhospitable death-worlds, I would say it is incumbent on us to attempt to save our world by any means possible.

But those planets (except for Argus) do not have a world soul.
    Why do we need to save the world soul, if life exists on planets without a soul?
    Isn't a world soul more a threat / burden to the people on Azeroth rather than a blessing?
    We can protect Azeroth from the void and the fel, and at the same time let the world soul die.
    Excluding the ethical teachings that say saving innocent lives is the right thing to do (including the planet one), what does the Alliance and Horde win by saving the life of the world soul?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-06-28 at 04:04 PM.

Why do we need to save the world soul, if life exists on planets without a soul?
    Isn't a world soul more a threat / burden to the people on Azeroth rather than a blessing?
    We can protect Azeroth from the void and the fel, and at the same time let the world soul die.
    Excluding the ethical teachings that say saving innocent lives is the right thing to do (including the planet one), what does the Alliance and Horde win by saving the life of the world soul?
    Planets with a World Soul formed to protect the World Soul. That's literally their reason to exist - it's different from planets that were just formed naturally. Moreover, at least for Azeroth, the World Soul consumed most of our Spirit Elements, so the role of the Spirit Element (life-giving force interconnects and binds all things in existence as one) fall to the World Soul instead of the now-consumed Spirit Elements. In particular, in the Heart of Azeroth's quest chain, we saw the elements driven into a frenzy just because Azeroth were in pain, and only calmed down after we tended to the wound. If that was the result of the World Soul merely in pain, imagine what would happen if it no longer exist: the lifegiving force (or most of it) would probably be gone as well, which means nature will start dying, while all the elementals will have their field days going insane attacking everything else; That doesn't sound like an welcome outcome, does it?

And that's not to mention how Magni saw, in his vision, that the planet would be ripped apart from an explosion in its core if the World Soul is dead. Surely we don't want to risk finding out if that vision was correct.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    because we dont want this

to happen

Formerly known as Arafal

Why do people Defend their Homelands, because you live there, who you are, what you own, that which makes you, you... is there.

Every other planet that the Legion/Void have attacked, they have destroyed/taken over.

Yet Azeroth withstands. It's not unreasonable to think it's because of having a world soul empowered the races on it, so why would you want that source of power gone?

Also, as pointed out, it's been shown in the comic if she dies, the planet will pop.

Void is the the manifested symbol for the corruption and destruction of earth within WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    I was thinking about this recently and it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. What do we stand to gain by saving Azeroth?

Sure, we don't want to let Azeroth get corrupted but would it be that bad if she died?

If we look at how the death of Argus played out, the planet should still exist just as we've always known it. Nobody on Azeroth even really knew about all this titan business until recently. Hell almost all the known titans in the universe were dead at a point in time and nobody noticed.
    Because maybe people like Azeroth? It's their home? Maybe there is nothing else comfier/better to go? I don't know man use your imagination.

We don't. Blizzard wants us to. They write the story and that's the reason.

Same can be said why the Horde used to be bad and is now good. There is no reason other than Blizzard wills it. It sure wasn't the fans asking for Orcs to be honourable warriors with a tragic history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

There's a reason Azerotheans are the most powerful force in the cosmos.

We defeated Old Gods, the Burning Legion and other otherworldly threats. A big reason for it is that the power of Azeroth runs through our veins. We are her children, adopted or otherwise. Powerful worlds get powerful inhabitants. Look at how the Eredar came to dominate the universe. How powerful their world was.

Should we commit an abortion on Azeroth that does not result in the destruction of our world, or a rotting corpse in our core that starts to cause trouble for life on the planet, then Azeroth's might and importance is going to fade away with time.

The magic of a world is its life-blood. Sure, not every planet's core is alive, but ours is. And its power infuses everything on its surface. Should our core die, at the very least it'll mean we lose a lot of power with time.

And no, Azeroth's awakening would not destroy us all. We are the children of Azeroth, and the Titans are beings of life and creation. They care. I find it highly unlikely that the birth of a Titan requires the destruction of all its children. An act of monstrous genocide does not birth a creature of benevolence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if the soul of the planet dies the planet will lose all of it's life force? How is this a real question? Just because not every planet has a world soul doesn't mean that if one loses it's world souls things will just be okay. Even IF somehow the planet endured without the soul it would probably end up drying up very quickly especially with people living off of it. Argus looked the way it did because of the Legion's corruption but the world soul was still alive. Now that we have killed him that planet is probably toast. What's left of it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    There's a reason Azerotheans are the most powerful force in the cosmos.

We defeated Old Gods, the Burning Legion and other otherworldly threats. A big reason for it is that the power of Azeroth runs through our veins. We are her children, adopted or otherwise. Powerful worlds get powerful inhabitants. Look at how the Eredar came to dominate the universe. How powerful their world was.

Should we commit an abortion on Azeroth that does not result in the destruction of our world, or a rotting corpse in our core that starts to cause trouble for life on the planet, then Azeroth's might and importance is going to fade away with time.

The magic of a world is its life-blood. Sure, not every planet's core is alive, but ours is. And its power infuses everything on its surface. Should our core die, at the very least it'll mean we lose a lot of power with time.

And no, Azeroth's awakening would not destroy us all. We are the children of Azeroth, and the Titans are beings of life and creation. They care. I find it highly unlikely that the birth of a Titan requires the destruction of all its children. An act of monstrous genocide does not birth a creature of benevolence.
    I'd argue as I said earlier the planet would start to slowly die. Basically grasslands would start decaying, planet life dies. More wastelands.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's where I keep all my stuff!

Deleted
    Sure we don't know what exactly would happen but since every planet with life on it had a word soul, it can be inferred that a world soul is a prerequisite to sustain life. So we will probably all die if Azeroth dies as well. Of course we don't want her to fully wake up either. A prolonged coma is the best.

If it die... Horde will ress it. Imagine Azeroth forsaken <3