Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Anime ninja cyborg brothers: Totally fine.

Literally a cowboy: Totally fine.

Professional eSport player in a mech: Totally fine.

Giant gorilla scientist with a raygun: Totally fine.

Giant gerbil scientist in a tank: Stop right there, this is silly, Overwatch is doomed and Blizzard is going bankrupt.

At least you guys can still play Team Fortress, League of Legends, DotA and all the other games that inspired Overwatch and totally don't have silly/cute/cartoony things in them, otherwise you'd risk people judging you or something.
    I don't know who you are but as far as I'm concerned you're my spirit animal. Keep being awesome

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    I just died
    we're all furrys now
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    But just to clarify: y'all would have been fine if it had been a talking chimp from the moon?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    But just to clarify: y'all would have been fine if it had been a talking chimp from the moon?
    I find it perplexing that you can't see the difference between a modified hominid and a hamster in a little ball mech of death. We all play games with cat people and lizard people, and gnomes. Fantasy isn't something that anyone who plays Overwatch is unfamiliar with. But this seems the direction is going toward fan service cutezy and over the top.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/21901631

rename this thread i guess, no point in making a new one
    Last edited by t1saif; 2018-06-28 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    If it's not a joke and is a serious character, I'm uninstalling. That's too much silliness and pandering for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Way too much work for a joke.
    Yeah it'll appeal to the kids, but not to me. Far too goofy for my tastes and Overwatch already skirted that.
    They should make their own The Sims game already because that feels like all this is. It's dress-up, pandering and childish. And they wonder why the community is garbage...
    Are you guys the same kind of people who complained about Pandaren and went "omg lol Kung Fu Panda, WoW is for kids now XD", even though people asked for them for years and years? Would you rather they add another bland human character to cross off another box on the "ethnicity checklist"?

Not that I dislike any of the post-launch heroes, and not like the concept of a hamster/gerbil in a mech is a completely new concept, but I'd rather have something unique over yet another "normal human woman"

Also, one last thing... why in the god damn would they "pander" to "kids who like small cute animals" in a game about blowing each others' heads off? Come on now.

and they even show the Junker Queen in the origins trailer. kinda, kinda hard not to to see that as a giant waving middle finger.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Don't hamsters usually have a lifespan of like 3 years on average? Dude must've gotten some serious improvements beyond just amping up his brainpower far, far beyond what should be possible at his size.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm going to guess that Hammond may be the super genius behind Talon, because that ain't Doomfist. Doomfist is just a guy with a superiority complex who realized that his boss was an R-tard comic book villain.

I'm wondering if we get a chimp who runs around with some kind of gun or if we get a chimp in a mech suit that makes him the size of Winston. Maybe first Talon tank?
    No chimp, a hamster, and a junker hamster, not talon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    Not that I dislike any of the post-launch heroes, and not like the concept of a hamster/gerbil in a mech is a completely new concept, but I'd rather have something unique over yet another "normal human woman"

Also, one last thing... why in the god damn would they "pander" to "kids who like small cute animals" in a game about blowing each others' heads off? Come on now.
    A mech and an animal are not new concepts at all, unless you ignore Dva and Winston. They've said they wanted to do another mech hero for a while as well. Yes, we could use a bit of variation besides human female though, we've gotten 4 of those and a female robot made by a female human, and only 1 male.

Also, we must be playing different games because I can't remember the last time I saw any form of dismemberment, let alone a head being blown off in game. You're just as bad over exaggerating things as those that under exaggerate it as a kids game. It's a Teen game.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2018-06-28 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradingus View Post
    Are you guys the same kind of people who complained about Pandaren and went "omg lol Kung Fu Panda, WoW is for kids now XD", even though people asked for them for years and years? Would you rather they add another bland human character to cross off another box on the "ethnicity checklist"?

The pandering is to the adults in an arrested state of development. Children play Fortnite.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    No chimp, a hamster, and a junker hamster, not talon.
    He's not a junker.
    Jeff said that specifically.

He just happened to be there, because he wants to explore or something

The fact that this seems a bridge to far for some seems expected... but is still a little perplexing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He's not a junker.

He landed there, decided to hang out for a bit, never showed his face but wracked up wins all over that place.

The gameplay of this hero is so fucking dirty. Super mobile, literally can become a spider man esc. wrecking ball and ground slam like a meteor into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He's not a junker.

The origin story shows him from lunar colony, dropping outside of Junkertown, then staying there, building, and becoming the Junker area champion. I'd definitely call that closer to being a Junker than an explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    and they even show the Junker Queen in the origins trailer. kinda, kinda hard not to to see that as a giant waving middle finger.
    Or just foreshadowing. She'll probably get added eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Or just foreshadowing. She'll probably get added eventually.
    People get so pissy they didn't add the character THEY wanted this time, it's like... it'll probably be a character just freaking wait, hell hammond has been hinted at for how long? Over a year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    He landed there, decided to hang out for a bit, never showed his face but wracked up wins all over that place.
    Pretty much.
    It's more of a coincidence, not a alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The origin story shows him from lunar colony, dropping outside of Junkertown, then staying there, building, and becoming the Junker area champion. I'd definitely call that closer to being a Junker than an explorer.
    I'm telling you what Jeff said, it's...not really a debate.

If it doesn't jump right to it, 2:54.

"Hammond is not a Junker".

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    People get so pissy they didn't add the character THEY wanted this time, it's like... it'll probably be a character just freaking wait, hell hammond has been hinted at for how long? Over a year at least.
    People were a lot more excited for Hammond when everyone was expecting him to be an evil chimpanzee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    People were a lot more excited for Hammond when everyone was expecting him to be an evil chimpanzee too.
    Even though, when you actually step back past biases and look at it, it was always more likely to be a rodent.

It's...a FUCKING HAMSTER!

...I love you so much, Blizzard.