Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post [Comic] Son of the Wolf Ending

I have seen a lot of conclusions drawn from the final pages of Son of the Wolf, depicting an aged Anduin aside the Draenei prophet, and assertions that the conclusions drawn therefrom will irrefutably occur. But did Blizzard really write themselves into such a hole here? Is Warcraft a Tarantino film where we know the ending being built up? Or are there other explanations that make the character more redeemable in the eyes of those who value moral nuance?

For instance, what if the "Shadow" Velen mentions is Alleria, or Sylvanas... or both? What if the Windrunner sisters are doing something benevolent, from a certain perspective? Perhaps Anduin himself has been down a very dark path in the years to come, and only recently redeemed himself to embrace the Light again? What gave him his scars? Is he really terribly old, or is this a Khadgar situation? Have the Infinites thrown him in a time loop and returned him to the present - with years passed only from his perspective? Are they themselves the villains, in the vein of Yrel, Garrosh or the Scarlet Crusade, prepared bathe Azeroth in the blind flame of the Holy Light?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Personally, I hope that they tweet that the comic isn't canon. What's the he point of a faction war when you know that one of the leaders being the leader of the Avengers in 20 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Personally, I hope that they tweet that the comic isn't canon. What's the he point of a faction war when you know that one of the leaders being the leader of the Avengers in 20 years?
    Did you really think they where going to kill Anduin off or something? Regardless of what happens in the faction war (However far they decide to take it) All of the races will servive, if for no other reason just to keeping the game going, past that it was just a matter of what we louse and who dies, Ignoring the comic did anyone really think that one of the most morally righteousness characters currently who has been built up since the games launch and has just taken on the role of leader was going to bite it the expansion after his father also dies?

What if its Turalyon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion confirmed: Future Anduin comes back to our present time, with an Army of Light similar to Yrel's, and we have to team up with the void to stop them from Lightforging our world to eliminate all presence of the shadow. Sylvanas and Alleria in leading roles.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Did you really think they where going to kill Anduin off or something? Regardless of what happens in the faction war (However far they decide to take it) All of the races will servive, if for no other reason just to keeping the game going, past that it was just a matter of what we louse and who dies, Ignoring the comic did anyone really think that one of the most morally righteousness characters currently who has been built up since the games launch and has just taken on the role of leader was going to bite it the expansion after his father also dies?
    I don't know.. that's what they do with horde heroes.

Deleted
    Anduin growing Azerite bonsai on his shoulders is all there is to know. In be4 Bliz comes up with another AU storyline

I wonder if there will ever be a timeskip expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I don't know.. that's what they do with horde heroes.
    Cairne and Vol'jin? Well Cairne's death was mostly inconsequential in that he was replaced by his son, who by all means is just a younger Cairne that seems to have no problems acclimating to his role as the leader for his people, almost as if they believe he's just Cairne after a dip in a magic fountain of youth. Funny considering Anduin is the one accused of being loved by everyone unconditionally. Hell as I was typing this I forgot that Baine was the son and Cairne was the original leader they're so interchangable.

As for Vol'jin he's not dead. ... Okay I mean he's dead, but not narratively dead. I knew that they were going to bring him back after Legion because he's a Horde hero. My money is still on him becoming the new loa of death or something if he doesn't end up getting an outright resurrection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    As for Vol'jin he's not dead. ... Okay I mean he's dead, but not narratively dead. I knew that they were going to bring him back after Legion because he's a Horde hero. My money is still on him becoming the new loa of death or something if he doesn't end up getting an outright resurrection.
    My bet is on him being reincarnated as Rezan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    My bet is on him being reincarnated as Rezan
    Yeah, that would be cool. Bwonsamdi is one of Warcraft Voodoo's ties to the real-world African/Caribbean faith, and helps it feel grounded. He should stick around.
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    Next expansion confirmed: Future Anduin comes back to our present time, with an Army of Light similar to Yrel's, and we have to team up with the void to stop them from Lightforging our world to eliminate all presence of the shadow. Sylvanas and Alleria in leading roles.
    I'm still undecided if that's one of the best future expansion ideas I've read on these forums or bad fanfic stuff. It's certainly likely better than anything Blizzard will come up with, though.

I just looked at this whole comic again because of this topic. Did anyone else notice that all the draenei in this comic have no tails?

Probably just a case of the artist not knowing their stuff, but still weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I just looked at this whole comic again because of this topic. Did anyone else notice that all the draenei in this comic have no tails?

Spooky. Have Draenei sacrificed their tails in a ritual to fight the void?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Cairne and Vol'jin? Well Cairne's death was mostly inconsequential in that he was replaced by his son, who by all means is just a younger Cairne that seems to have no problems acclimating to his role as the leader for his people, almost as if they believe he's just Cairne after a dip in a magic fountain of youth. Funny considering Anduin is the one accused of being loved by everyone unconditionally.
    You do realize Baine was a target of Grimtotem insurrection, right?

Maybe they saw some of the Draenei artwork online and upon realizing what their tails could be used for declared them to be sinful and cut them off in the name of upholding Blanduin's purity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Anduin could Velen off and leave us to our own devices in our direst hour.

Let me save you a whole lot of speculation. NO ANDUIN IS NOT GOING TO BECOME ANOTHER ARTHAS, HAVE A CRISIS OF FAITH, AND START BEING EVIL.

He may question his faith at times, especially with Lightbound Yrel and all that jazz, but Blizz is setting Anduin up to be a prophetic savior or at least a benevolent good guy leader. How do I know this?, Because past stories about him has him in visions fighting an all consuming darkness, which I assume is the Void lords. This is shown in the vision in Son of the Wolf and his vision in Velen's Short Story Prophet Lesson which shows that the Alliance and Horde will once again stop warring with one another to stop a threat to all existence. So unless you think Anduin leading the fight to protect all life from being eaten by the Void is his journey to "morally gray", then no, he is pure as the white snow everyone thinks he is.
    Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 2018-06-30 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
    So unless you think Anduin leading the fight to protect all life from being eaten by the Void is his journey to "morally gray", then no, he is pure as the white snow everyone thinks he is.
    I might, if it means he's fighting to ensure all life is eaten by the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I mean as cool as it would be, most Alliance players know in their hearts Blizzard aren't going to kill off the most popular female, Horde character ever
    To be fair, they already did... like two or three times...

It's like 40+ years from now, whatever current storylines are going on are probably resolved by then, so whatever they're facing is likely some new threat we don't know about yet, and Blizzard hasn't thought up yet.

They probably just said "Shadow" because it's a nice generic term they can fill with whatever later on.

Or they'll just retcon it...

Maybe tail tucking is in fashion on the Exodar in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.