Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    I think when the managment saw the average age of their player base they expected more kids so this is why this thing will come to the game. 8-17 years kids will force their parents to buy this game.
    Just to be clear here.
    You have to always remember Activison/Blizz is a profit oriented company.
    This isn't about kids, this is about a wide variety of players who don't have a problem with a super smart hamster when there is a talking gorilla with a jet pack and a lightning gun or a fat guy who becomes invulnerable when he vapes. If you are looking for realism then you came to the wrong place from day 1.

There are also anime fans, the entire asian market is motivated by the art of cuteness. Maybe you have noticed the slight touch of anime art style? I am finding on the PTR that females love cute characters as well regardless of age.

People get all bent out of proportion when a company puts out a game they enjoy and then create something that they personally don't like as if the entire world revolves around that one person. It doesn't. Blizzard can make things for all kinds of people, a little of this and a little of that.

I personally don't care for playing cute hamsters in games but I do like what the character can do in the game and I'm willing to look past it because I can do something here that no other tank can do. I can shoot a fucking pharah out of the sky with ease as a tank because the only other ranged tanks in the game either have to shoot off 7 buck shots or they have to spray and pray because Orisa's shots travel so slowly.

If they create a character I don't care for and can't stand I will not play it and go out of my way to turn it into a grease stain but I am not going to pretend for one second that every single thing this game creates needs to be done with me in mind because I am not the center of the universe.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I haven't played in a while. Is there a new battle royale mode now?
    kek 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    is OW just hard pandering to kids now?
    Again, they are pandering to everyone. Asians, grown women, kids, anime fans all love cute characters.

This game tries to pander to everyone. You are an edgelord? Reaper. You like snipers with big butts? Widow. You like Counterstrike? Soldier. Like the butcher? Roadhog. Like the Joker? Junkrat. Anime fan? D.Va.

They make one character that kids, women, asians and anime fans will like for cuteness sake and you guys are all of a sudden like, "OMG they only want to sell to kids from now on! Holy shit burn down the chapel! From now on nothing but Chibi's!!!!"
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Yes. More of this. Hammond seems by far the goofiest and most mechanically creative character released so far, and I love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    "What is this kiddy stuff? Is Blizzard just pandering to kids now? You'd never catch me playing a game for kids. I'm too mature for that."
    - An immature kid, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Plays game with crazy genetically modified hamster in a big mech
    • "This shitty cartoon shit pandering to kids, what is this immature rubbish"

• Plays game with cartoon monkey who eats peanut butter, an anime cyborg ninja, a knight in shining armour, a tiny cute gamer girl driving a mech, a guy who is literally a cowboy and a little cute chinese girl with a freeze ray.
    • "This is fine. I'm a grown up."
    Last edited by Leih; 2018-06-29 at 06:22 AM.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Hamster brethren, arise and overthrow the hairless pinkskins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids want edgy, cool stuff. So if any character is "pandering to kids" it's probably Genji, Hanzo, Reaper, Widow etc. It's like that "Horde is the grown up faction" kids used to say back in the day while making their 8th Blood Elf character.
    Hammond is one of the most mechanically creative characters I've seen in this game. And since we already know the lore allows hyperintelligent animals, this should be fine. Now they better make Mama Hong next, or an Ilios based character.

Okay but can we have jetpack cat now if this isn't too "out there?" They nixed jetpack cat for being too ridiculous and said Winston was the benchmark. We know nothing about jetpack cat, but come on. I want it rofl. Preferably if it is not even a hyper intelligent cat, just average-human level with sentience enough to operate the jetpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think when the managment saw the average age of their player base they expected more kids so this is why this thing will come to the game. 8-17 years kids will force their parents to buy this game.
    Just to be clear here.
    yeah, no. I'm 28 and just about to re-install the game after about a year break to play this fluffy ball of death. My point being that older people can enjoy silly stuff just as much, we're not all edgy like you seem to be implying.

Another knockbacks and stuff... Doomfist and Brigitte got another member of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly ... Hammond is the first hero that I am not remotely excited for after seeing the reveal. I welcome another tank to the fold, but honestly, I just don't like this design. I think an Omnic as Wrecking Ball would have fit better in universe and Hammond being something else entirely ... but this is what we get.
    So, it seems the only thing bothering you is the fact that he is a hamster. An omnic with the same kit and hitbox would be juuuust fine.

Ana was interesting because she was the first new hero. Sombra appeared to be a character I wanted to see more of and still do. Orisa was a surprise and Doomfist is something I wanted for a while. Moira seemed interesting and Brigitte seemed like fun to play. This seems like some five year old's idea for a Hero to me. He doesn't even look like he belongs in the game. It doesn't look fun to me and is definitely not my style of play.
    Hm. He has one of the funniest, if not the funniest kit accross all heroes. And besides being super funny to play, it's also the most original kit so far, even heroes like Doomfist or Brigitte aren't this different from the rest of the cast. (Grappling hook physics itself is a whole new type of gameplay) While feeling that the hamster belongs (or not) into overwatch lore, claiming it's stupid 5 year old gameplay is 100% biased because you simply don't like the fact that he is a hamster. The exact same kit but with an omnic inside the wrecking ball and you wouldn't claim "this looks stupid".

My problems with Hammond are;

His swinging mechanic doesn’t make much physical sense as you grapple a column and then spin around it while your cord clips through it for infinite rotation without the worry of your cord getting short from wrapping. Also I would like to see some ability to control the length of the hook during the swing so you can avoid hitting walls or extend to hit a specific target. I know that may be impossible to code but I would still like to see it.

He runs around with his head sticking out of the top which is about as dumb as a Star Trek Enterprise with its control deck on the top outside of the ship. You don’t need windows when you can literally have cameras every few feet on the outside of the ship and you are just asking to get easily vented into outer space from one hit. Hammond sticking his head out of an armored tank is dumb because one bucket could make his face a mist of red. I mean give him some kind of bullet proof glass bible or forcefield... something. It is like wearing a suit of bullet proof armor but no helmet because you don’t like how it gives you helmet hair and then your head gets blown off.

Give me the option to turn off his squeaks. I also don’t like the Robot voice, it is too low toned and I can’t gear what he is saying while going ham on the core.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-06-29 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladeur View Post
    So, it seems the only thing bothering you is the fact that he is a hamster. An omnic with the same kit and hitbox would be juuuust fine.

Hm. He has one of the funniest, if not the funniest kit accross all heroes. And besides being super funny to play, it's also the most original kit so far, even heroes like Doomfist or Brigitte aren't this different from the rest of the cast. (Grappling hook physics itself is a whole new type of gameplay) While feeling that the hamster belongs (or not) into overwatch lore, claiming it's stupid 5 year old gameplay is 100% biased because you simply don't like the fact that he is a hamster. The exact same kit but with an omnic inside the wrecking ball and you wouldn't claim "this looks stupid".
    The character looks out of place to me...and not because he's a fucking hamster. Considering I know how messed up that is considering characters like Winston are in the game...something about the character doesn't scream overwatch to me....I'm glad mechanically he's original...it still seems out of place for OW. Time will tell if he's a good or bad addition to the game though.

As a Chua main on WS, I will never play a different Overwatch character again.

Mondo lives.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    .... I can't be the only one who was suddenly reminded of Boo, the majestic, giant space hamster!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFzWbbNO_Ic

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He's an initiator. He swings in does a ground slam and harasses/ annoys the enemy while your team picks people off.

This guy tanks by literally being annoying and triggering people into attacking him. I don't know if Jeff and crew are secretly genius for making such a tank style or they just wanted to be evil bastards
    It's kinda what Winston and D.Va do already though, just more extreme. Think of it like Teemo in LoL's hidden passive.

Honestly ... Hammond is the first hero that I am not remotely excited for after seeing the reveal. I welcome another tank to the fold, but honestly, I just don't like this design. I think an Omnic as Wrecking Ball would have fit better in universe and Hammond being something else entirely ... but this is what we get.

Ana was interesting because she was the first new hero. Sombra appeared to be a character I wanted to see more of and still do. Orisa was a surprise and Doomfist is something I wanted for a while. Moira seemed interesting and Brigitte seemed like fun to play. This seems like some five year old's idea for a Hero to me. He doesn't even look like he belongs in the game. It doesn't look fun to me and is definitely not my style of play.

And with him being a tank, that's adding more to my belief that Reinhardt maybe killed off. Left playable, but there is another "tank" to fill Overwatch 2.0 potentially.
    Wrecking Ball isn't an omnic though, it's a Mech with an AI. They seem like they would be kinda similar, but I think the main difference is that Wrecking Ball's AI is more designed to assist Hammond operate the mech rather than think for itself on the level Bastion, Orisa, and Zen does.

You could probably say that about every company, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    "What is this kiddy stuff? Is Blizzard just pandering to kids now? You'd never catch me playing a game for kids. I'm too mature for that."
    - An immature kid, probably.
    "Hammond is too silly. Give me a cat flying around in a jetpack" - People who hate Hammond, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Okay but can we have jetpack cat now if this isn't too "out there?" They nixed jetpack cat for being too ridiculous and said Winston was the benchmark. We know nothing about jetpack cat, but come on. I want it rofl. Preferably if it is not even a hyper intelligent cat, just average-human level with sentience enough to operate the jetpack.
    To be a bit more fair... Jetpack cat would likely either be a balance nightmare or play extremely similar to Pharah. It makes a bit more sense when you look at it from that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The character looks out of place to me...and not because he's a fucking hamster. Considering I know how messed up that is considering characters like Winston are in the game...something about the character doesn't scream overwatch to me....I'm glad mechanically he's original...it still seems out of place for OW. Time will tell if he's a good or bad addition to the game though.
    Wrecking Ball was mentioned in some of the posters about the Scrapyard on Junkertown though, not sure if any of them had shown an image of it or not though.

At the moment I am at 50% "awesome!" and 50% "...does this mean no jetpack cat ever?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This guy naturally gets hosed by reaper, and his grappling hook mechanics are very odd, don't behave as expected with any kind of physics. I expect players to figure out where they can go and grapple and spin in one spot non-stop for sheer annoyance factor.

A good counter to enemy mine fields is to get height and then slam down for aoe dmg, his aoe is quite wide and should take out most mines.
    TBF reaper naturally counters most tanks, he had some time where he failed at it, but the's pretty high up there on tank killing again.