Poll: Should Blizzard have the 4 existing allied races unlocked for everyone?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardum View Post
    With the 8.0 patch on the way i feel like it would be the perfect moment to unlock the 4 allied races for everyone.

The people who wanted early acces already got them and now its time for everyone to enjoy these races. We payed enough for this expansion to have them included. Blizzard can't actually think that everyone who's coming back for bfa wants to spend their time grinding boring legion content right?

What are your toughts on this?
    No you should not be rewarded for being lazy and refusing to do content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yep, I feel the fact everyone who did the grind back when the pre-order campaign launched and got to have it early already got their bonus for having all their ducks in a row. It absolutely should be available at launch, and if they think people won't be turned off by having to go back to Argus and Suramar (LOL) to unlock more race options, they're damn naïve.
    If you think people won't be turned off watching people gets somethign for nothing that you earned, you are naive.

The only thing I think needs to be changed is that the unlock for the nighbourne shouldn't have the raid requirement in 8.0 since EM won't be easily/trivially soloable in 8.0 and groups would be hard to come by that early in an expansion. The nightborne is the only race to require a raid, change that and I'd be happy (I have both elves unlocked already). Lightforged and Void Elves won't be as easy to grind out as they are now just from a lack of people doing the content but they won't be "hard" for anyone due to the +10 levels and + many item levels.

I would unlock Legion Flying for everybody when 8.0 hits for sure, but not the allied races. Both are rewards for doing content, but pathfinder is an artificial barrier that truly isn't worth the time investment for an obsolete expansion, while unlocked allied races will retain their value forever.

They should instead add a mount reward to broken isles pathfinder part 2 so the achievement remains worth doing.

No they should wait an expansion or two before they remove the rep requirements and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Rewards for doing content should remain rewards for doing content.
    And what exactly did you have to do to be rewarded for content to play Pandaren? Goblins? Worgen? Draenei and blood elves?

Oh, that's right. Nothing, because they were part of the fucking expansions and features of it.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

I'm in favor of unlocking the original 4 races in what ever expansion is after BfA.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    And what exactly did you have to do to be rewarded for content to play Pandaren? Goblins? Worgen? Draenei and blood elves?

Oh, that's right. Nothing, because they were part of the fucking expansions and features of it.
    Oh, that's right, they weren't meant to be a content you must do something for to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think it's just a matter of time until Blizzard removes the requirements on the first 4 allied races at least. Maybe not on 8.0, but I'd be surprised if they don't do it on 8.1. Blizzard normally doesn't like gating new content on obsolete expansions. Mag'har, Dark Irons, Zandalaris and Kul'tirans will probably keep their requirements until 9.1 though.

Nah blizzard should do everything in their power to give the middle finger to new players and ones that return after legion!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I would unlock Legion Flying for everybody when 8.0 hits for sure, but not the allied races. Both are rewards for doing content, but pathfinder is an artificial barrier that truly isn't worth the time investment for an obsolete expansion, while unlocked allied races will retain their value forever.

They should instead add a mount reward to broken isles pathfinder part 2 so the achievement remains worth doing.
    Heck, I'd even be happy if they unlocked WoD flying when 8.0 hits..... :P

'Blizzard should unlock all mage tower appearances for everyone with BfA launch.'

See how crazy it is to just cater to people's entitlement?

15+ Year Old Account
    The 4 legion allied races should be able to be created by anyone when BfA launches. Heritage Armor unlocks should be gated behind current restrictions. I could also see Blizzard adding other rewards perhaps each of the legion allied races you unlock adds a rep boost for the remaining ones.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

No, they should be earned, as was intended. I do think that the reputation requirement should be reduced though, and just have a quest chain completion requirement before unlocking the quest where you obtain them. Doing the rep grind on Lighforged Draenei and Void Elves was pretty ridiculous IMO.

Suramar quest chain for Nighborne (I think you get exalted by doing this anyway)
    Argus quest chain for Lightforged and Void Elves
    Highmountain zone for Highmountain Tauren

The reputation grind is just arbitrary after doing these because by the end of these quest chains you've obviously established that you are a trusted and capable person willing to assist these races/factions.

lol "grind legion content"

Play the damn game or don't play the game, but don't cry for all the rewards if you haven't played.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Heck, I'd even be happy if they unlocked WoD flying when 8.0 hits..... :P
    So much this.. I dread WoD every time, even though I actually liked Shadowmoon Valley for example, but coming from the previous 90 levels where you could fly and going to an intermittened window where you have to remain grounded is just annoying, yet I still haven't found it in me to grind out WoD reps.. shit made me quit..

They should be free, as all the other races. We haven't got new classes this time, so the races are the BFA content and should be available immediately.

I have a 110 of every class, and am on the fence on the expansion. if someone expects me to log in, farm a bunch of rep, then re-level more alts to benefit from the new races I won't be doing that unless I wanted to.

I would welcome a free race change in lieu of a free boost, but that would be rejected by blizzard. (stupid)

In the end I feel these new races are cheap customisation options being masked as some new feature lol but thats the motto for years now, they have made an absolute fortune on tweaking the same stuff slightly and pretending its new content.

No, no more welfare for lazy players please.

Just remove the "waits" between the content in legion, specifically the things that wont give you your next quest until the next week, no need for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

If you think people won't be turned off watching people gets somethign for nothing that you earned, you are naive.
    Only if you spend too much caring about others, at that point, pleasing players like you is a fruitless endeavor. I earned them and I don't care if new or returning players get them at launch, I got them a whole six months early. That's enough for me. My joy in the game doesn't stem from having more customization options than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you not have the rep for all of them at exalted by now...?

I have the least time to play out of all my mates I see online and I still hit exalted a month or so after they did without any extraneous effort on my part.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)