Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Had that suicidal run been done by Ackbar, it would have been a decent send-off for a respected character. And a far better choice than Blue-hair whats-her-name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You're definitely a delusional SJW after reading your last 5 or 6 posts. There's no doubt about it
    Duh.

Don't even need to speak with it, signs everywhere, even if you don't want to label people super fast, you read shit like that and you wonder no more why the west is losing it, Elune come to help your ass if you didn't picked a side, you will get trashed from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    neckbeard incels are just upset that times are changing and they still have never seen a pussy.
    I mean, i could try to reverse the buzzwords and use stuff like "allies", "furry" or "soyboy" but i'm almost certain if i dare something the like of including "faggot" even as a funny punchline this user would touch xerself over my suspension, but hey, incels, neckbeards and that good ol' virgins are totaly fine, roight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Had that suicidal run been done by Ackbar, it would have been a decent send-off for a respected character. And a far better choice than Blue-hair whats-her-name.
    Nope nope and nope, it could be Yoda or Leia or whatever, still a very very bad idea, because it justify this as a "new" kind of weaponry, grab some 1 seater and toss them at light speed at anything dangerous and vice versa with tie fighter, this scene is the coolest shot in the movie, but it has so many plotholes i wonder how it can float.
    Last edited by mmoc7a74b927b4; 2018-06-30 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    Nope nope and nope, it could be Yoda or Leia or whatever, still a very very bad idea, because it justify this as a "new" kind of weaponry, grab some 1 seater and toss them at light speed at anything dangerous and vice versa with tie fighter, this scene is the coolest shot in the movie, but it has so many plotholes i wonder how it can float.
    My point was more related to saying "good-bye" to good character...

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    They could just stop shitting out mediocre movies every 6 months?
    yeah maybe if they didnt get too cocky and make a new fucking star wars every god damn time someone sneezed they wouldn't be suffering from oversaturation....
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    My point was more related to saying "good-bye" to good character...
    Yes, sure, but no weird thingy with hyperspace then, even vice admiral gender studies would had a shard of respect from me to make the ship go 90°, toss all shield powers to front and do some proper suicide run.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    yeah maybe if they didnt get too cocky and make a new fucking star wars every god damn time someone sneezed they wouldn't be suffering from oversaturation....
    This, very much, Solo wouldn't had tanked as bad as it did if they didn't flooded the market with Star Wars related products, come on, they have others licence to desecrate, as far as i know, Disney bought Fox and they have their claws on the Alien franchise AND the man behind it's downfall, Ridley Scott himself, come one then.

Can’t say I blame Disney. Force awakens was okay last Jedi was divisive. Solo flopped. Rebels was a shadow of clone wars. The games has been a disaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Can’t say I blame Disney. Force awakens was okay last Jedi was divisive. Solo flopped. Rebels was a shadow of clone wars. The games has been a disaster.
    Rogue one "two" when?

Gimme some expo or origin about that good ol' Forest Whitaker char' before he catched the loony and before he refused to hop in a shuttle, sprinkle some Donnie Yen and og Mad Mads and i'll give them my monee.

I think the most surprising thing is people focussing on the movies. Disney didn't buy star wars to make movies. They bought it to sell merch which the movies are adverts for. The merch isn't shifting. There are hundreds of stores in the US alone talking to journalists about how they have shelves of star wars stock at "buy 2 get 2 free" that are not shifting at all. To say nothing of handing a 10 year exclusivity videogame contract to EA who's battlefront II debacle has done even more harm to the brand.

They were expecting the merch bonanza of the 70's and 80's again but the market and interest isn't there. Brand fatigue, alienating a portion of your original audience with your new target audience buying maybe 1 funko pop and not shit like darth vader toasters and all the trash the old crowd bought.

So while people think this is all about movies its not. They gave Kennedy the reigns to a merchandise empire that they expected to make pokemon, mario, magic and marvel combined look like nothing. Instead they got the equivalent of the tolkein estate during the hobbit film era.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think the most surprising thing is people focussing on the movies. Disney didn't buy star wars to make movies. They bought it to sell merch which the movies are adverts for. The merch isn't shifting. There are hundreds of stores in the US alone talking to journalists about how they have shelves of star wars stock at "buy 2 get 2 free" that are not shifting at all. To say nothing of handing a 10 year exclusivity videogame contract to EA who's battlefront II debacle has done even more harm to the brand.

They were expecting the merch bonanza of the 70's and 80's again but the market and interest isn't there. Brand fatigue, alienating a portion of your original audience with your new target audience buying maybe 1 funko pop and not shit like darth vader toasters and all the trash the old crowd bought.

So while people think this is all about movies its not. They gave Kennedy the reigns to a merchandise empire that they expected to make pokemon, mario, magic and marvel combined look like nothing. Instead they got the equivalent of the tolkein estate during the hobbit film era.
    Well I mean, that is certainly related to the movies and I still dont think it has to do with fatigue. The merch was being pushed just fine up till TLJ, which is largely lauded as a failure that alienated the fanbase. Nor does it help that their low budget animated series isn't doing so well compared to the highly supported and strong budget Clone Wars animated series.

Hell, the reason the Hobbit didn't do so well was because said movies, were no where NEAR as good as the LotR movies. The lesson learned here is that to push a brand you have to have consistent quality and not say "fuck you" to your established base.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2018-06-30 at 12:57 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    It was officially licensed literature by Lucasfilm that was intended to be an extension to the films, which George Lucas retained creative control over. There were literally people hired to manage the EU. It was only until 2014 that it was considered, non-canon.
    Lucas always considered it a separate continuity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Trash logic is trash. Doesnt change the fact that the eu is still leaps and bounds better than the garbage that disney is pumping out, mixed in with some sjw feminist agenda.
    EU has never been good. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    I'm not quite sure Ackbar would have left his ace pilot and fleet com in the dark to begin with, but when i see he died off screen like random stormtrooper #464144 that surely annoyed me, motherfucker's a legend.
    This alone very much encapsulates how Disney just doesn't understand the Star Wars fan base. There was no reason to introduce a new Admiral when they already had a solid fan favourite to go with in Admiral Ackbar. But rather than please the fans, Kennedy trolls people harder by introducing a purple haired lesbian. This is what happens when you stack all the writing positions with rabid feminists who hate Star Wars fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I know opinion is very subjective, but your wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Well I mean, that is certainly related to the movies and I still dont think it has to do with fatigue. The merch was being pushed just fine up till TLJ, which is largely lauded as a failure that alienated the fanbase. Nor does it help that their low budget animated series isn't doing so well compared to the highly supported and strong budget Clone Wars animated series.

Hell, the reason the Hobbit didn't do so well was because said movies, were no where NEAR as good as the LotR movies. The lesson learned here is that to push a brand you have to have consistent quality and not say "fuck you" to your established base.
    Eh, Star Wars did pretty well with merchandising and licensing during the 90s when there was pretty much no media being produced aside from the schlocky dime novels that for some reason are now being revered as these great literary works by the fanbase. With the right brand management, you can push all sorts of junk onto consumers even with poor quality or nonexistent supporting media.

This mess would be funny if it wasn't sad.
    Disney has allowed Star Wars to be ruined.
    Maybe this can give you all a moment of levity.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    If this is true, who ever they hire I HOPE they do some Old Republic shit. I am so entirely sick of the Skywalker family. An entire galaxy, far far away, and its 9 movies of the same 12 people. Fuck off, tell some other stories.
    That's actually one of the reasons I liked at least the concept of TLJ jettisoning the Skywalkers and focusing on other people.

The execution is another thing altogether sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Eh, Star Wars did pretty well with merchandising and licensing during the 90s when there was pretty much no media being produced aside from the schlocky dime novels that for some reason are now being revered as these great literary works by the fanbase. With the right brand management, you can push all sorts of junk onto consumers even with poor quality or nonexistent supporting media.
    Lightsabers just aren't as cool as they used to be with kids. I see way more people wearing Iron Man Masks on Halloween and people wearing Captain America shirts then I do people with lightsabers or star wars clothing.

While lightsabres are nice, of the various sci-fi weapons I think I'd prefer a Cohe wand.

A Cohe wand looks like a black egg with a small, silver tube protruding from one end. Powered by pre-Apocolyptic technology and controlled by subtle hand pressures, they are believed to be the most powerful hand weapon ever devised.
    Cohe wands emit a beam of black energy (capable of slicing, impaling, or melting) which remains connected to the silver protrusion even as it moves towards it’s target. While only the leading 6-18 inches of the beam are dangerous, some Paratwa master a technique which uses the harmless after-trail connecting the front edge to the cohe itself as a distraction. This leads targets to avoid the after-trail while being lured into lethal front end.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Without Poe's distrust in the chain of command and his mutiny, her plan works.

That's the tactician.

Poe is the one who ruins everything for the Resistance in TLJ, not Holdo.
    Her plan only works with the First Order being incompetent. There was no sensitive information that DJ had to supply the First Order with for them to find the ships, it was literally "open your eyes".

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, about that. Now that TLJ is on Netflix, I can easily grab screenshots.

You can even get the time remaining. This is in Snoke's chamber. That there's a screen showing Rey the transports being blown up. So, you were saying?
    That's not a screen, it's a single magnifying glass in front of a viewport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I asked you to name one. Or many, for all that matters. Name a character that is introduced in the middle of the story, who is introduced by one or a few lines, who has a major impact on the story.
    Well, let's start by ruling out the obvious ones.

Thanos was introduced really early, a mere four years after Marvel started making movies, with a huge presence in The Avengers. And his impact on that film universe isn't really that big anyways, right?

And definitely not Denethor or Theoden. They both had a lot of screen time (or page-count) in Fellowship.

Moving back to Star Wars, probably not the Emperor, either. I mean, name-checking him in the first movie and a single scene in the second was definitely not introducing him in the middle of the story, and he probably didn't have any major impact anyways.

And absolutely not Lando Calrissian, the guy who betrays our heroes, helps them escape, and blows up the second Death Star. If he hadn't been introduced as a major character in Star Wars, it would be a complete wreck of a trilogy.
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Lucas always considered it a separate continuity.

- - - Updated - - -

eu is still light years better than this trash disney is shoveling out.

Women will continue to push themselfs back in all industries if they try to force feminism and "strong women" down mens thoughts, stop talking about being strong and smart, and actually start acting strong and smart, if your strong and or smart you generally don't feel the need to advertise it and put up billboards announcing how strong and smart you are.

I hope she gets fired, and they need to stop trying to shove leftwing extremist viewpoints into all of their new starwars movies and get back to business.