Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    fact remains that it WAS the port of call for alliance on Kalimdor. The other port was Theremore....

- - - Updated - - -

I would argue we the players have been lead to think such and the events in game have been carefully handled to prevent us from really knowing given how much has been left out concerning cutscenes and dialogue and general information.....
    again, what we know does not matter, its what they know.
    if malfurion is going to choose to join the alliance and leave neutraility, us knowing the world tree was light on fire by some twilight cultists, does not fucking matter
    what matters is to the charecters in the game, it looks liek the horde did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The unstoppable Forsaken war machine that can't beat a few hundreds of civillians vs. the savage, guerrilla-expert elves who get lost in their own forest, who would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    The unstoppable Forsaken war machine that can't beat a few hundreds of civillians vs. the savage, guerrilla-expert elves who get lost in their own forest, who would win?
    Night elves going through forests be like "Where's the Goldshire Inn?".

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Where does this "fact" come to fruition, other than Sylvanas' mention of it. The only two things it was ever used for was to transport a couple of Alliance adventurers with one boat and to recieve Gilnean refugees.
    Darnassus sends a naval force south to silithus that diverts to come back to reinforce their positions during the events leading up to the burning of teldrassil.

as for it being the main base for naval operations on Kalimdor... just look at the map of Kalimdor and try finding another major settlement/city the alliance uses. Feathermoon Stronghold in feralas isn't exactly a major settlement nor is it located anywhere near any main bases on the continent. So, yeah simply because there is nothing else aroudn, Teldrassil and Darkshore are the main navel areas of operation the alliance still holds on Kalimdor post Theremore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again, what we know does not matter, its what they know.
    if malfurion is going to choose to join the alliance and leave neutraility, us knowing the world tree was light on fire by some twilight cultists, does not fucking matter
    what matters is to the charecters in the game, it looks liek the horde did it.
    again.. what we know is already obviously limited due to the devs removal of information concerning teh events. That means our perspective of the character's perspective is also limited so further discussion is just a display of bias vs display of bias.

edit: and to add in that when people who write the lore and story chime in saying we're being mislead by what's available that further cements it that YEA we're missing more than a few points on what the hell is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darnassus sends a naval force south to silithus that diverts to come back to reinforce their positions during the events leading up to the burning of teldrassil.

as for it being the main base for naval operations on Kalimdor... just look at the map of Kalimdor and try finding another major settlement/city the alliance uses. Feathermoon Stronghold in feralas isn't exactly a major settlement nor is it located anywhere near any main bases on the continent. So, yeah simply because there is nothing else aroudn, Teldrassil and Darkshore are the main navel areas of operation the alliance still holds on Kalimdor post Theremore.
    Lorewise, the Horde wiped out the reinforced Northwatch Keep before Theramore was nuked offscreen post-Cata. It was then rebuilt but in-game this isn't reflected the Theramore bombing is. The Horde offensive in Southern Barrens post-Cata was swift and surgical. After Northwatch was sacked, Fort Trumph fell immediately afterward before Theramore was bombed. The Alliance Forces at Forward Command abandoned the base to presumably back up Northwatch but no one knows what happened to them. They were already in a bad way with their general getting offed by a Horde assassin during Cata (Horde Quest but it is acknowledged Alliance side). Anyway the Horde Offensive happened fast and hard before the Alliance could mount a counterattack. The Night Elves assumed the Horde was gonna pivot and go for Feathermoon Stronghold or Astranaar and never imagined the Horde was about to bomb Theramore.

Lor'danel in Darkshore was built after Auberdine--the Night Elves' only port town on Kalimdor proper--was destroyed by the Cataclysm. It didn't have a port since the focus was rescusing refugees from Auberdine.

Anywho, this is exactly why Faction outposts on all continents/worlds should be upgraded or updated over time even when it's no longer current content. The unwillingness to do this periodically is a problem in my book especially for Lore-related consistency. Camp Taurajo never getting rebuilt comes to mind as well.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

he seems to have decided it is sylvanas and the forsaken that's the problem.

i doubt he has a major issue with other races of the horde, except like goblins being bad for nature. maybe blood elves, but idk since he started to tolerate demon hunters.

Shh, no pointing out the bad writing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Lorewise, the Horde wiped out the reinforced Northwatch Keep before Theramore was nuked offscreen post-Cata. It was then rebuilt but in-game this isn't reflected the Theramore bombing is. The Horde offensive in Southern Barrens post-Cata was swift and surgical. After Northwatch was sacked, Fort Trumph fell immediately afterward before Theramore was bombed. The Alliance Forces at Forward Command abandoned the base to presumably back up Northwatch but no one knows what happened to them. They were already in a bad way with their general getting offed by a Horde assassin during Cata (Horde Quest but it is acknowledged Alliance side). Anyway the Horde Offensive happened fast and hard before the Alliance could mount a counterattack. The Night Elves assumed the Horde was gonna pivot and go for Feathermoon Stronghold or Astranaar and never imagined the Horde was about to bomb Theramore.
    Northwatch isn't really known for its massive port though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    crush teh spirit of the night elves and secure the largest naval port the alliance has on Kalimdor.
    If Malfurion is the 'spirit center' of the Night Elves it's no wonder the race is fucking garbage in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    When you look at it, humans aren't this super duper presence that everyone else relies on. It's almost like people make mountains out of molehills and over-exaggerate.
    Which is why I'm sick and tired of being told by way of the story, I have to listen to some shithead 'high king' telling me what's best as a non-human because for some reason this Alliance is nothing more than the empire of man. They can shut their mouths and learn their place, but no, the writers want everyone in the Alliance to bend a bloody knee to human bullshit, and they do it softly, in a way where rising up and physically removing the bastards can't happen as a game mechanic as it did for the Horde, with physically removing Garrosh and his 'Orcs are the only horde' attitude.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

5+ Year Old Account
    whomever is charging $25/piece of race changes and $30/piece of faction swaps.

5+ Year Old Account
    Give me one example of a human actually correcting a night elf, apart from that one time with Varian and Tyrande
    'Correcting' someone isn't bending a knee...

- - - Updated - - -

And where has the Alliance ever been represented as "humans only" get a grip dude.
    Aesthetics, extant cities, who makes the decisions, who gets to 'save the day' in the story, and who looks like the failure needing saving... you have a screeching ANduin avatar, please remove your fingers from the keyboard and put them back into your nose.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the salty kid making up headcanons lol, again, justify your claims lmao
    You don't even know what headcanon means. And I have justified them, you're too thick to understand them.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-06-30 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    For Malfurion (and any sane person) this "war" (massacre/genocide/betrayal, actually) has nothing to do with factions...he sees one person and her followers deciding to kill all life on Azeroth...so he fights her. This automatically means he will help those who oppose her, for whatever means they might have - unless these means contradict his own believes.
    Except it has everything to do with factions. Malfurion is fighting for his people and defending his homeland from invasion and occupation. Nothing more. It's not something "more" than that because you have thrown a lot of controversial words of which you don't seem to understand the meaning. Genocide? What? Betrayal? When?

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    If Malfurion was smart, he'd purge the Horde from the Cenarion Circle.
    I'm fine with that, as long Thrall purges the Alliance from the Earthen Ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    Aesthetics, extant cities, who makes the decisions, who gets to 'save the day' in the story, and who looks like the failure needing saving... you have a screeching ANduin avatar, please remove your fingers from the keyboard and put them back into your nose.
    The Stormwind banners, guard towers and a few tents which Alliance players get as generic props exist on the Horde side in the form of orcish props.

Who gets to save the day? Night elves. No pun intended, but yeah, night elves always save the day.

Val'sharah? We did everything as the player and who saves the campaign? Tyrande. We manhandle the Emerald Nightmare, but who saves the day? Malfurion. Who saves the day in Antorus? Illidan. Who's there to shout about his sacrifice as you alone obliterate a whole battlefield full of demons on Argus? Illidan. Suramar? Night elves and blood elves. Who saves the day at Mt. Hyjal at the end of W3? Malfurion. Who takes down Illidan at the end of Black Temple? Maiev. Who saves the day in Mt. Hyjal during Cataclysm? Malfurion. Who saves the day in the War of the Ancients? The night elves. Who saves the day in everything that transpired in Silithus? Night elves and dragons.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-06-30 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion is still the leader of the cenarion circle, which today consists of night elves, tauren, trolls and worgen. He wouldn't become faction bias, he would simply see sylvanas' actions for the threat she poses to all Iife, and fight her and anyone dumb enough to stand at her side.

It's incredibly unlikely he'd betray his friendships with the tauren who he's been a friend to the race of for centuries because of current events, considering ones like hammul runetotem join him in leading the circle. He isn't going to become some race hating twat like the rest of the alliance
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Malfurion is still the leader of the cenarion circle, which today consists of night elves, tauren, trolls and worgen. He wouldn't become faction bias, he would simply see sylvanas' actions for the threat she poses to all Iife, and fight her and anyone dumb enough to stand at her side.
    People forget that while Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring are neutral organizations, its members are not. Thrall remained an Earthen Ring member even after Cataclysm but his Horde allegiances were always clear, same with Hamuul. Malfurion is no different.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    People forget that while Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring are neutral organizations, its members are not. Thrall remained an Earthen Ring member even after Cataclysm but his Horde allegiances were always clear, same with Hamuul. Malfurion is no different.
    Yeah they were, but people like thrall, malfurion, magni and khadgar are characters that think beyond faction lines in an effort to fight larger threats and knowing both factions are needed to tackle them. If you didn't have characters like that, the world would have been destroyed a while ago.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yeah they were, but people like thrall, malfurion, magni and khadgar are characters that think beyond faction lines in an effort to fight larger threats and knowing both factions are needed to tackle them. If you didn't have characters like that, the world would have been destroyed a while ago.
    Yeah and that's the point, there's no larger threat right now. Malfurion didn't show the same opposition to Garrosh's campaign in Cataclysm both because Garrosh's master war plan against the Alliance was fundamentally shit and because, at the same time, Hyjal itself was attacked by Ragnaros the Twilight's Hammer, same reason why Hamuul was entirely busy in helping the Cenarion Circle in the same expansion yet later participated in the Garrosh's campaign of Tides of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    (massacre/genocide/betrayal, actually)
    A lot of Alliance players like to use this word, and it seems like they don't really know what it means.
    OT: No, I imagine Malfurion will be outraged, and will contribute, but he will continue to pull his punches. As far as mortals on Azeroth go, I've always considered Malfurion to be one of the most powerful. Super Saiyan Thrall was about on par, but without him the Alliance definitely has the more powerful magical leaders. I don't really understand how Jaina outclasses Thalyssra so much, but whatever. Horde has a hard advantage in the physical dps department, but what good is that vs magic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah and that's the point, there's no larger threat right now.
    Yeah hi, did you forget there a giant sword sticking deep in the planet and the planet itself is slowly dying? I'd call that a pretty massive threat instead of the bullshit ore claims bitchvanas and king poly prissy pants are fighting over.
    #boycottchina