Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You get that way by eating large quantities of food not just the type of food, aside from people with medical conditions those who are this fat got that way because they have an unhealthy relationship with food.
    There's always somebody like yourself that presents with what he thinks is a meaningful and important statement like the one above.

Now let's hear from an actual doctor, Peter Attia. I post these videos because I've seen them and I cosign the content in them. I don't know everything this guy has ever said at every phase of his career so if you want to challenge his authority, go nuts, you still aren't changing what he says in these two videos nor the inherent truth of the statements he makes in them. So here they are:

Joe Rogan - Why Obese People Can't Lose Weight (Edit: in conversation with Dr. Attia)

Peter Attia What if we're wrong about diabetes

Be transformed.

I recognize that you are a fool that says foolish things. The thing is you need to recognize it and become wiser and better than you are right now. And no, I didn't just insult you - I said something true to help you. That's actually generosity of spirit to bother to do it, empathy and compassion because I recognize that you just don't get it. For whatever reason, you have strong opinions about things you know very little about and it shows.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I occasionally make statements about the toxic nature of carbohydrates on these forums. I guess this post is in the way of that. The real danger in all those carbs is what happens in terms of blood glucose levels. The simple fact is that the nutritional information and advice we've been getting for approximately 40-70 years is dead fucking wrong. Another simple fact is that the people presenting with these precise problems, like metabolic syndrome, are treated with a standard of care that is also dead fucking wrong. That's an interesting double whammy that has caused the current epidemic of obesity.

The science is still poorly understood and some people have different problems. I am going out on a limb, that I am pretty sure is correct, in stating that toxic amounts of carbs, an amount the human body simply doesn't know how to process properly, is killing a lot of us. And yet the nutritional recommendation to eat around 225-325 grams of carbs every day persists. That's still the standard recommendation, right now, today. And when that recommendation completely fucks over someone and they present with Type 2 diabetes, the current standard of care is to give them insulin, metformin, and even more drugs. Those drugs will not only not help, except as a prophylactic in the case of a medical emergency, but will almost guarantee the impossibility of losing any weight and cause that person to instead to gain even more weight. Why? Because insulin is the hormone that causes fat storage in the human body. So yeah, someone does exactly as is recommended, things go wrong, and now they are on a downhill slope to disaster.

So yeah, you can kick the victim and feel superior if you want to. GG, on that. Punish the victim and try to make sure she feels bad. That anyone reading this thread feels bad about themselves for being even a little overweight. Fun fact: you don't have to be mean to others to feel better yourself.

I am just glad that people can still ignore haters and be happy because cortisol will kill you too. And like I said, people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. And I think we all live in glass houses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Atleast she and others like her with keep McDonalds in business for years to come
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    There's always somebody like yourself that presents with what he thinks is a meaningful and important statement like the one above.

Now let's hear from an actual doctor, Peter Attia. I post these videos because I've seen them and I cosign the content in them. I don't know everything this guy has ever said at every phase of his career so if you want to challenge his authority, go nuts, you still aren't changing what he says in these two videos nor the inherent truth of the statements he makes in them. So here they are:

Joe Rogan - Why Obese People Can't Lose Weight (Edit: in conversation with Dr. Attia)

Peter Attia What if we're wrong about diabetes

Be transformed.

I recognize that you are a fool that says foolish things. The thing is you need to recognize it and become wiser and better than you are right now. And no, I didn't just insult you - I said something true to help you. That's actually generosity of spirit to bother to do it, empathy and compassion because I recognize that you just don't get it. For whatever reason, you have strong opinions about things you know very little about and it shows.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I occasionally make statements about the toxic nature of carbohydrates on these forums. I guess this post is in the way of that. The real danger in all those carbs is what happens in terms of blood glucose levels. The simple fact is that the nutritional information and advice we've been getting for approximately 40-70 years is dead fucking wrong. Another simple fact is that the people presenting with these precise problems, like metabolic syndrome, are treated with a standard of care that is also dead fucking wrong. That's an interesting double whammy that has caused the current epidemic of obesity.

The science is still poorly understood and some people have different problems. I am going out on a limb, that I am pretty sure is correct, in stating that toxic amounts of carbs, an amount the human body simply doesn't know how to process properly, is killing a lot of us. And yet the nutritional recommendation to eat around 225-325 grams of carbs every day persists. That's still the standard recommendation, right now, today. And when that recommendation completely fucks over someone and they present with Type 2 diabetes, the current standard of care is to give them insulin, metformin, and even more drugs. Those drugs will not only not help, except as a prophylactic in the case of a medical emergency, but will almost guarantee the impossibility of losing any weight and cause that person to instead to gain even more weight. Why? Because insulin is the hormone that causes fat storage in the human body. So yeah, someone does exactly as is recommended, things go wrong, and now they are on a downhill slope to disaster.

So yeah, you can kick the victim and feel superior if you want to. GG, on that. Punish the victim and try to make sure she feels bad. That anyone reading this thread feels bad about themselves for being even a little overweight. Fun fact: you don't have to be mean to others to feel better yourself.

I am just glad that people can still ignore haters and be happy because cortisol will kill you too. And like I said, people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. And I think we all live in glass houses.
    Carbs are not toxic, they are necessary to fuel our muscles and provide a host of other benefits. I wish people would educate themselves on basic nutrition and human physiology...also I like Peter Attia but all he said in that video is that too much glucose can cause diabetes and getting fat is a side effect which wow surprise too much glucose can cause fat, who knew I suspect the problem is REFINED carbohydrates + a sedentary lifestyle as carbohydrates found in nature tend to be bound to fiber which slows digestion and therefore blunts insulin response.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Carbs are not toxic, they are necessary to fuel our muscles and provide a host of other benefits.
    Your body can make its own glucose, so no carbs are not necessary. Attia mentions how the body can do so even in a fasted state in effect because it must to avoid ketoacidosis.

Edit: But it's not as if you can really be zero carb, you are going to be low carb even if you pointedly avoid them. But the recommendation to eat 225-325 grams of carbs a day is nutty.

The key thing you missed is the phrase "toxic amounts" - you can most certainly have too much of a good thing esp where carbs are concerned.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2018-06-30 at 06:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Only 280? I weigh 130, was at like 140 max and decided I wanted to lose weight because I was starting to get fat.
    Yes ONLY 280lbs as in she doesn't have enough weight to lose the 300lbs @Fincayra says she needs to....

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Carbs are not toxic, they are necessary to fuel our muscles and provide a host of other benefits. I wish people would educate themselves on basic nutrition and human physiology...also I like Peter Attia but all he said in that video is that too much glucose can cause diabetes and getting fat is a side effect which wow surprise too much glucose can cause fat, who knew I suspect the problem is REFINED carbohydrates + a sedentary lifestyle as carbohydrates found in nature tend to be bound to fiber which slows digestion and therefore blunts insulin response.

Honestly it's more a sedentary lifestyle than anything else. When I worked out for 2-3 hours a day, I could eat whatever the fuck I wanted. And because I remained normally active (basketball, golf, binge drinking in the heat) I went a year or 2 before I put on actual weight that wasn't easy "water weight". It's not a surprise but obese people are inactive and eat enough for 2-3 other obese people. It's hard work being fat, pretty much just as hard to get and maintain weight as it is to lose and maintain a healthy weight.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    It's hard work being fat, pretty much just as hard to get and maintain weight as it is to lose and maintain a healthy weight.
    Just ignores everything a doctor just said in two videos...

But sure, some rando on the internet knows better.

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    Fat is Healthy

10+ Year Old Account
    That bitch weighs almost 20 lbs less than I do and looks almost 3 times as big. Maybe I should become a model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    If it's none of our business why the fuck are you plastering it on the cover page of your magazine? Fucking retards.
    Its the same thing that edgy atheists tried to do back in the 2000s. It wasn't just like 'nah, i'm cool, i don't wanna talk about religion - i'm an atheist' , it was screaming shit like "FUCK YOU AND YOUR RELIGION, YOUR RELIGION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRILLIONS OF DEATHS, GOD ISN'T REAL!!!!!" at happy folks just trying to go to church.

Atheism grew out of that shit, and doing it now gets you labelled a neckbeard fedora master pretty fast. Wonder how long it'll take for society to grow out of this dumb shit, too? I'll give it 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully on board with being body positive but fuck this healthy at any size bullshit. People always have to ruin a good thing.

So when she dies of heart failure in maybe, 10 years, we'll all just say its because it was her personality and not her obesity?

This is nothing but pure propaganda, designed to remove the blame from corporations so they can continue selling us sugar and chemical filled garbage without any responsibility.

"It's none of your business", actually, it is. This is an attack on common sense and science-backed evidence that obesity is NOT HEALTHY. So when you say it is healthy, you're not only wrong, but incredibly, utterly, and stupidly wrong. You're simply spreading misinformation.

It is damaging on so many levels to believe we should all just accept this as normal.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am in awe at the size of that lass. Absolute unit.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post

I, for one, believe this is wrong. She is not curvy, she is morbidly obese. This is a health issue, not something to be celebrated in promoting health. She shouldn't be encouraging people to accept their bodies when it's a health issue. Having a 'fat positivity activist' on the cover of a health magazine seems a little..unhealthy.

Apologies I couldn't find a smaller image (no pun intended).

https://nypost.com/2018/06/27/the-in...agazine-cover/
    Completely agree, but we're in the age of inclusiveness now, gotta bend over and take it.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Honestly it's more a sedentary lifestyle than anything else. When I worked out for 2-3 hours a day, I could eat whatever the fuck I wanted. And because I remained normally active (basketball, golf, binge drinking in the heat) I went a year or 2 before I put on actual weight that wasn't easy "water weight". It's not a surprise but obese people are inactive and eat enough for 2-3 other obese people. It's hard work being fat, pretty much just as hard to get and maintain weight as it is to lose and maintain a healthy weight.
    I think it is too. People have emotional relationships with food and are self-destructive and make excuses and do not want to take responsibility. People also like being lazy and would rather watch TV/play video games than carve out time to work out. These are hard issues and I have empathy for these people, because we as a culture encourage these behaviors. But that doesn't mean their behaviors are healthy.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    how isn't she pretty? i get it, big isn't beautiful to a lot of people, but she has a very pretty face.
    People are free to their opinion.

Im not judging her face. I'm judging her overall appearance. It is not beautiful to be blow up like a balloon. It is not beautiful that she is 280 pounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Completely agree, but we're in the age of inclusiveness now, gotta bend over and take it.
    Well, how many people do you see in this thread defending her? Maybe 2?

And this is a pretty liberal site. I wouldn't overstate the magnitude of support these ideas have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    If it's none of our business why the fuck are you plastering it on the cover page of your magazine? Fucking retards.
    Cuz you guys keep whining about fat people. Fat positivity exists cuz people can't mind their own business and stop insulting / berating fat people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Cuz you guys keep whining about fat people. Fat positivity exists cuz people can't mind their own business and stop insulting / berating fat people.
    You don't need to combat over the top insults by saying that being morbidly obese is a good thing/attractive. Why not just campaign to get people to stop insulting fat people on the basis that it doesn't help them lose weight?

So insanely overweight person on "Fitness" magazine cover . whats next ? homeless drunk on Forbes? . Grandpa with no computer knowledge on Wire ?

Also :

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    If she gained any more weight....You could split her into two people of equal weight, and both those people would still be overweight.
    +1