Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Ehm, yeah or just walk at least 40 min a day at least 4 days a week. Taking the stairs and walking maybe 50 extra yards with the parking lot does basically nothing.
    Nah, it all adds up. It depends on your lifestyle/employment. That extra 50 yards is more work for your body than it was used to previously. The goal here is to lose weight, everything adds up.

Taking the stairs... is a huge thing. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Nah, it all adds up. It depends on your lifestyle/employment. That extra 50 yards is more work for your body than it was used to previously. The goal here is to lose weight, everything adds up.

Taking the stairs... is a huge thing. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    I said "basically nothing" So lets say he does that 7 days a week, that will burn around 35 calories a day (hard to say really). That would be 100 days for him to burn around 1.5-2 pounds of fat which is nothing under a 100 day period.
    So instead of telling him to "just do those extra small things" is more like false motivation because it will take so long before it will show results. Say as it is, go out for long walks. During 1 week period walk for 250 minutes, that's how you lose weight, that is how you burn body fat.
    Unless he lives in some high freakin apartment with 40 floors and he lives at the top, then it will be an okay workout. But 40 stair steps a day is basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I said "basically nothing" So lets say he does that 7 days a week, that will burn around 35 calories a day (hard to say really). That would be 100 days for him to burn around 1.5-2 pounds of fat which is nothing under a 100 day period.
    So instead of telling him to "just do those extra small things" is more like false motivation because it will take so long before it will show results. Say as it is, go out for long walks. During 1 week period walk for 250 minutes, that's how you lose weight, that is how you burn body fat.
    Unless he lives in some high freakin apartment with 40 floors and he lives at the top, then it will be an okay workout. But 40 stair steps a day is basically nothing.
    Nothing is "basically nothing" if you're a morbidly obese person trying to get back to goal weight. Every. Single. Step. Counts.

Your logic is more on the pessimistic side of things. A fat person going up a single flight of stairs (about 14 steps) is winded as hell. If they forego the elevator and walk the stairs at least 3-5 times a day, it is making their heart work pretty hard.

If you're 190 lbs trying to get to 180 lbs, yeah I suppose it is "pointless".

Every calorie burned counts, large or small. There's a famous quote for people who are working out, "slow progress is still progress."

Quote Originally Posted by Gegan View Post
    You'll never attain true perfection at only 50. You also need to run 10km a day, do sit ups, and squats. I suggest buying a wig now before you go bald, unless you're cool with that.
    You've clearly never gotten in shape before.

Consistency > power. Someone who lifts 50 pounds 100 times is accomplishing a lot more than someone lifting 100 50 times.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You've clearly never gotten in shape before.

Consistency > power. Someone who lifts 50 pounds 100 times is accomplishing a lot more than someone lifting 100 50 times.
    Considering he wasn't even talking about weight/lifting and was talking about the number of Pull Ups/Push ups he was going to do, I don't see what point your response has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost weight living off crisps and meat for two weeks... Currently in America on holiday and I really am not a fan of most American food, everything is either too sweet or too salty. But you American people are so friendly.

So I've lost weight and met some great people, so it isn't all bad
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance