Poll: Should Blizzard have the 4 existing allied races unlocked for everyone?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should remove the restrictions a few patches into BfA in my opinion. No point in having them locked behind old content when said races advance in the current content's story. I think of it the same way I think of the Draenor Pathfinder achievement; restricting things behind having to slowly go through outdated content provides the game with nothing else other than people never actually experiencing the content.

If World of Warcraft was still the game it used to be numerous expansions in the past, where catch-up mechanics weren't a thing, then I'd wholeheartedly agree, but right now I see the removal of restrictions behind allied races and the pathfinder achievement no different than, say, AP catch-up mechanics or the removal of gating. If there's things that allow players to get something for less effort, then there should be no exclusivity on things like allied races either.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-07-01 at 01:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This is by far the worst part. It's not just a questline you can knock out in a few hours, you have to do boring ass old content world quests, and do them for WEEKS, MONTHS to get to exalted.
    It doesn't take months to get exalted now so it won't magically increase just because you out level and out gear the content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Could you not simply set up a class hall to passively farm it and turn in the tokens during the darkmoon faire? I barely touched argus on my main and passively unlocked it. It isn't like a race option is a do or die thing and using the 880 catch up armor it takes almost no time at all to start doing it.
    yes you kinda can. now.

are you genuinely expecting someone coming back to BFA, for instance.. to go back and not only do enough questing to unlock the class hall far enough to be able to start getting rep tokens in a first place, get enough supplies to be able to run missions, upgrade their followers and then keep checking back constantly to see if the missions for the correct rep are even available? this takes even longer/more busywork then going back to do world quests for 75 rep at a time.

rep.

requirement

Is

NONSENSE

especially after BFA release

edited to add.

I haven't played in vanilla, so no idea how it worked back then.. but catch up mechanics existed in WoW since BC. there is a reason why there is not and never was attunement for sunwell, vendors sold fairly decent gear for commendations, and you could get the rest via the isle dailies. rep could be farmed just about indefinitely via dungeon running, prerequisite to unlock heroic difficulty was changed to honored from revered about half way through expansion, long before sunwell (I'm not sure which patch did it, but I started playing around or just before zul aman and it was already at honored at that point), etc etc.

we also have a ton of artifact catch up mechanics in game already and had them for some time.

there is literally NO reason to keep rep requirement in game after BFA release, and there's honestly no reason to have it in game even now, other then.. well.. people will probably have it anyways.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-07-01 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    100% yes, unluck that shit, after a quest... if someone returns to the game, he/she should not be forced to go back and grind exp for months to get exaulted, make a quest chain forth story and that's it...
    months? more like a week IF that.

maybe people didn't pay attention to all the ways you could grind rep or something, but legion has been by far the easiest to grind out rep without needing to cheese a system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    yes you kinda can. now.

are you genuinely expecting someone coming back to BFA, for instance.. to go back and not only do enough questing to unlock the class hall far enough to be able to start getting rep tokens in a first place,
    that's basically 4 or 6 quests just to get your followers. quest options seem to be based on your followers levels rather than quest advancement and your follower selection is restricted by level rather than zone progress in addition to the quest sequence.
    get enough supplies to be able to run missions,
    depending on the class and other options, this isn't much of a hurdle. 100-400~ resource from completing ANY wq on top of targeting a few for resources as the given reward >.>
    upgrade their followers and then keep checking back constantly to see if the missions for the correct rep are even available?
    You'd check daily as missions don't vanish in 24 hours >.> given how the game is set up you're likely going to have a lot of dead time waiting for things like groups or resets regardless so... what else are you doing?
    this takes even longer/more busywork then going back to do world quests for 75 rep at a time.
    acting like this is anywhere near as bad as say:
    1. hunting netherwing eggs
    2. gathering war beads
    3. doing about 5 daily quests and that was the limit (compared to being able to knock out 20+ wq's a day)

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    That's what I said about everything thats ever had any kind of grind too it. Everything should be free after a while cause my 15$ are important!

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    months? more like a week IF that.

maybe people didn't pay attention to all the ways you could grind rep or something, but legion has been by far the easiest to grind out rep without needing to cheese a system.

- - - Updated - - -

that's basically 4 or 6 quests just to get your followers. quest options seem to be based on your followers levels rather than quest advancement and your follower selection is restricted by level rather than zone progress in addition to the quest sequence.

depending on the class and other options, this isn't much of a hurdle. 100-400~ resource from completing ANY wq on top of targeting a few for resources as the given reward >.>

You'd check daily as missions don't vanish in 24 hours >.> given how the game is set up you're likely going to have a lot of dead time waiting for things like groups or resets regardless so... what else are you doing?

acting like this is anywhere near as bad as say:
    1. hunting netherwing eggs
    2. gathering war beads
    3. doing about 5 daily quests and that was the limit (compared to being able to knock out 20+ wq's a day)
    actualy quests ARE restricted by your progression in a story. how do i know? becasue on one of the alts, i never bothered advancing her class hall, since she leveled up via invasions, but i still did missions for artifact power item on her only 2 followers. it took a while but I got them all the way to blue AND gave them upgraded armor from broken isles... and guess what? until I progressed her actual class hall? she still only had 1 artifact power and follower xp mission. and nothing else. xp missions do not show up until you progress your story further. reputation reward missions at lower follower ARMOR level don't reward as many rep tokens. there are days when I don't see rep missions at all, let alone correct ones. and yes, they do expire in a little over 24 hours and you get new set of missions. they don't just sit there waiting for you, they reset. daily. at least.

and the point is... you have to do busy work in last expansion still whether you do follower missions, or just stick to world quests.. its busy work.

netherwing eggs are BC and I thought we have moved on since then? its also one of the few reps that is time gated to that degree. everything else, you can just grind fairly quickly. more over. key feature of Wrath expansion is NOT locked behind netherwing dailies and egg hunt.

same goes for warbeads, except warbeads you weren't time gated for at all.
    |
    20+ world quests a day... for which rep??? you get five, maybe 6 quests for the rep you actualy NEED. becasue all of those 20+ worldquests? are all for different reps. to unlock the races, you need SPECIFIC reps. which you STILL. HAVE. TO. GRIND. at 75 xp per quest. even warbeads gave more rep then that. by a LOT.

legion rep grind is one of the more annoying repgrinds i've done in WoW. you know what was the easiest rep grind in any expansion so far? WRATH. buy a tabard, wear a tabard, run any dungeon you heart desires, doesn't even matter which one, since your tabard determines the rep you get, not your choice of a dungeon. every mob gives rep. every boss gives more rep. no limitations. no time gates. couple of hours of dungeons and you are DONE. in fact, most BC reps were like that, except specific dungeons gave specific rep, with VERY few exceptions.

and again. explain to me. why. WHY require a rep grind. WHY? its a pointless timegate. its a timegate that requires you to play past expansion instead of a present one. what else will you do? how about play current expansion. NOT EVERYONE plays all day every day. most people have limited playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardum View Post
    With the 8.0 patch on the way i feel like it would be the perfect moment to unlock the 4 allied races for everyone.

The people who wanted early acces already got them and now its time for everyone to enjoy these races. We payed enough for this expansion to have them included. Blizzard can't actually think that everyone who's coming back for bfa wants to spend their time grinding boring legion content right?

What are your toughts on this?
    No. you should only have access to them if you pay for the expansion and do the required quests and rep grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardum View Post
    With the 8.0 patch on the way i feel like it would be the perfect moment to unlock the 4 allied races for everyone.

The people who wanted early acces already got them and now its time for everyone to enjoy these races. We payed enough for this expansion to have them included. Blizzard can't actually think that everyone who's coming back for bfa wants to spend their time grinding boring legion content right?

What are your toughts on this?
    You want them, earn them. The same way that if you want to fly in Draenor you need to go do Draenor content.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

/10chars
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

7+ Year Old Account
    You are not entitled to anything if you want something you should earn it simple as that !

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You want them, earn them. The same way that if you want to fly in Draenor you need to go do Draenor content.
    except nothing in draenor has any relation to BfA. you can completely skip draenor and not miss anything. meanwhile allied races are INTEGRAL to BfA.

except nothing in draenor has any relation to BfA. you can completely skip draenor and not miss anything. meanwhile allied races are INTEGRAL to BfA.
    Lol, what part of allied races is """INTEGRAL""" to BfA? They are no more integral than Cloud Serpents were to WoD, or BC and Vanilla achievements were to Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lol, what part of allied races is """INTEGRAL""" to BfA? They are no more integral than Cloud Serpents were to WoD, or BC and Vanilla achievements were to Wrath.
    its only one of the top advertised features of the expansion. but what do I know, right?

https://www.pcgamer.com/everything-y...ext-expansion/

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth

its only one of the top advertised features of the expansion. but what do I know, right?

https://www.pcgamer.com/everything-y...ext-expansion/

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth
    Wow, you mean exactly like achievements were for Wrath?

https://www.giantbomb.com/world-of-w...ng/3030-20701/

https://kotaku.com/5014609/wow-getti...-the-lich-king

https://www.engadget.com/2008/07/17/...the-lich-king/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/08/...s-guide?page=2

Blizzard, what the fuck, why are you locking all these achievements behind playing BC and Vanilla!? Please give me all of them so I don't have to go back to old content for things relevant to that old content!!!
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-07-01 at 06:50 AM.

Wow, you mean exactly like achievements were for Wrath?

https://www.giantbomb.com/world-of-w...ng/3030-20701/

https://kotaku.com/5014609/wow-getti...-the-lich-king

https://www.engadget.com/2008/07/17/...the-lich-king/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/08/...s-guide?page=2

Blizzard, what the fuck, why are you locking all these achievements behind playing BC and Vanilla!? Please give me all of them so I don't have to go back to old content for things relevant to that old content!!!
    1. not the same thing - why? because old achievements, are old achievements and are not involved in any of the new stuff and new achievements.
    2. it still doesn't give a good reason for TIME GATED, SUPER ANNOYING rep grind from old expansion for races that are supposed to be at least somewhat important to the story of the new expansion, given how they are bolstering their respective factions forces in newly arisen faction conflict and all.

I get the story prerequisite. that makes sense. rep grind? especially the way reps are set up in legion, time gated to hell and back to extend the duration of content as much as possible? do NOT. never have.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Absolutely not. These restrictions should stay in place forever. It adds an interesting depth to the game, and a race is content not everyone has to experience. You want to play it? Earn it!
    Could not agree more. If Blizzard did give players the allied races after a lot of us have put time and effort into pointless world quests it would be giant middle finger to those who wasted all of that time and effort for nothing. But Blizzard favoring new players instead of veteran players seems like the way they're headed now.

Seems like the mentality of some players just want the reward without doing the work its disgusting to still see people complain on what they have to do to unlock flying in legion.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2018-07-01 at 07:05 AM.

1. not the same thing - why? because old achievements, are old achievements and are not involved in any of the new stuff and new achievements.
    2. it still doesn't give a good reason for TIME GATED, SUPER ANNOYING rep grind from old expansion for races that are supposed to be at least somewhat important to the story of the new expansion, given how they are bolstering their respective factions forces in newly arisen faction conflict and all.

I get the story prerequisite. that makes sense. rep grind? especially the way reps are set up in legion, time gated to hell and back to extend the duration of content as much as possible? do NOT. never have.
    1. Where are allied races involved in the new stuff? Is Kul Tiras run by Void Elf players? Can you only beat Uldir bosses on a Highmountain Tauren? Do you need to play a Lightforged Draenei to do Warfronts? Oh wow, it's almost like the [I]Legion/I] allied races are based on and involved in Legion content. Like they are a completely optional thing related to Legion, just like mounts, or transmog, or titles from a previous expansion are all completely unnecessary to new content.

It's almost like rewards in previous expansions stay rewards for doing the thing that rewards it.

2. What!? You mean you have to play the game to get completely optional rewards in the game!? Why can't I just spend 15 minutes doing a quest to unlock everything from the previous expansion!? What do you mean that you have to be exalted with a faction to literally become one of them!?! What do you mean the game should have varied rewards for doing different things!? How dare you reward people for traditional, iconic MMORPG gameplay EVERYTHING SHOULD BE A REWARD FOR ME DOING A HANDFUL OF QUESTS!

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Could not agree more. If Blizzard did give players the allied races after a lot of us have put time and effort into pointless world quests it would be giant middle finger to those who wasted all of that time and effort for nothing. But Blizzard favoring new players instead of veteran players seems like the way they're headed now.
    First off... new players gaining access to a thing that you had WAY before they did doesn't retroactively invalidate the fact that you had access to that content WAY before they did. Your "hard work" was rewarded with super early access to races that everyone else would eventually get later, when the content becomes irrelevant.

I can't believe the number of people who manage to completely miss the irony of screaming about how entitled newer players are, while also screaming about "NO ONLY I CAN HAVE THE THING I DON'T WANT NEW PEOPLE TO GET IT WITHOUT SUFFERING THE SAME TEDIUM I WENT THROUGH."

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Seems like the mentality of some players just want the reward without doing the work its disgusting to still see people complain on what they have to do to unlock flying in legion.
    The thing is... it's being made to do Legion content in order to gain access to BFA content. I don't actually mind the concept of having to grind up a rep to unlock an Allied race, that's fine... IF the rep is in the same expansion that the Allied race is tied to.

And don't give me any of that "OH BUT LIGHTFORGED AND HIGHMOUNTAIN ARE LEGION CONTENT" guff. If I need to buy BFA to access them, they're BFA content.

7+ Year Old Account
    IMO, to change: post about lowering the rep requirement.

Automatic is a bit too easy, but full storyline + maybe some emissary/world quest days, is fine to unlock instant-20's.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

1. Where are allied races involved in the new stuff? Is Kul Tiras run by Void Elf players? Can you only beat Uldir bosses on a Highmountain Tauren? Do you need to play a Lightforged Draenei to do Warfronts? Oh wow, it's almost like the [I]Legion/I] allied races are based on and involved in Legion content. Like they are a completely optional thing related to Legion, just like mounts, or transmog, or titles from a previous expansion are all completely unnecessary to new content.

It's almost like rewards in previous expansions stay rewards for doing the thing that rewards it.

2. What!? You mean you have to play the game to get completely optional rewards in the game!? Why can't I just spend 15 minutes doing a quest to unlock everything from the previous expansion!? What do you mean that you have to be exalted with a faction to literally become one of them!?! What do you mean the game should have varied rewards for doing different things!? How dare you reward people for traditional, iconic MMORPG gameplay EVERYTHING SHOULD BE A REWARD FOR ME DOING A HANDFUL OF QUESTS!
    1. You have to buy BFA to unlock the Allied races. Therefore, the Allied races are BFA content. Tying them to a Legion rep grind doesn't somehow magically make them Legion content, it just locks them behind Legion content.
    Unless you can find me even a single example of a mount or transmog that is unlocked exclusively through old content, but requires you to buy the latest expansion to access. (Hint: you can't)

2. Optional rewards that are being used to sell BFA should be relevant to BFA content.