Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    BFA is 100% Cata 2.0.

I still remember when Cataclysm was first announced, they had Deathwing and Queen Azshara as the main enemies, and then Queen Azshara just disappeared from the game, but was accidently left in one quest in Darkshore.
    Well, I really enjoyed Cataclysm until 4.3. Sure, 4.1 was crap with the revamped ZG & ZA dungeons but the first weeks of Cataclysm and Firelands were great. I doubt BfA will be the same for me.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

There's only so much hype you can generate when your core audience has grown up age wise so much. They might still act like manchildren on forums and stuff but they arent gonna get hyped as much as before. I've been playing since TBC release and I'm almost 30 now. There's not much that can impress me in this game. As long as the game runs good, has a nice world to level and play in I'm gonna give it a try at the very least. I wasnt hyped about Legion almost at all, not cause I thought it was a bad game, I just wasnt hyped. But I still played it quite a bit with my friends and we raided together and all that and we had fun. Had some breaks, came back, raided some more did some M+, pvp. We had a good amount of fun without being overly analytical about the game and forcing ourselves to get mad just to have something to do like others here seem to do.

I'll give BFA a shot playing casually as my work + other adulting stuff doesnt permit me to raid in a guild too much. So I'll have my fun pugging and doing stuff in my own time and enjoying the scenery and the content provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    There's only so much hype you can generate when your core audience has grown up age wise so much.
    This is an important point. It's perfectly fine to feel less of that really exuberant enthusiasm as you get older, and to spend more time in less bubbly but still real satisfaction. Time passes. We encounter more stuff in the world, good, bad, and indifferent. There are fewer brand new things as we age - still room for plenty, but we have more memories to be reminded of, both our own experiences and what we've learned from others' accounts. Really, it would be weird to react to things just as you did ten years ago, as if everything you lived through should somehow not matter.

Hype is just one way things can please people, and its presence or absence doesn't really bear much at all about whether we're feeling any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, I really enjoyed Cataclysm until 4.3. Sure, 4.1 was crap with the revamped ZG & ZA dungeons but the first weeks of Cataclysm and Firelands were great. I doubt BfA will be the same for me.

Playing through the beta, I can honestly say, and I hate to say this, the leveling seemed too...fast, the quests take you through every part of the zones which is really nice for exploration, and I have a feeling they are going to make leveling a little slower, right now there are quests to kill 4 mobs, or 6 mobs, and it just doesn't seem like a enough.

In that aspect, I really liked Cata, and I think I am one of the only people that really enjoyed the underwater zone, it was unique and fresh (at the time)

Playing through the beta, I can honestly say, and I hate to say this, the leveling seemed too...fast, the quests take you through every part of the zones which is really nice for exploration, and I have a feeling they are going to make leveling a little slower, right now there are quests to kill 4 mobs, or 6 mobs, and it just doesn't seem like a enough.

In that aspect, I really liked Cata, and I think I am one of the only people that really enjoyed the underwater zone, it was unique and fresh (at the time)
    You are not. Vashjir skyrocketed to my #1 favourite zone when it came out and was just SLIGHTLY surpassed by WoD SMV later. There are a LOT of players who passionately love Vashjir. Of course there are many who do not like it for whatever reason...but you are definetly not alone. Vashjir was absolutely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    You are not. Vashjir skyrocketed to my #1 favourite zone when it came out and was just SLIGHTLY surpassed by WoD SMV later. There are a LOT of players who passionately love Vashjir. Of course there are many who do not like it for whatever reason...but you are definetly not alone. Vashjir was absolutely awesome.
    It was also Gigantic, it is like taking any zone currently and having aerial battles in the sky (come on Blizz) and being able to use the entire zone and not just the ground portion of it.

Right there with you on Vashj'ir. It was a breath of fresh air. I didn't mind some skills acting strange cause of the axis and shit. The vibe of the place was fun and in a way mildly eerie since you're underwater surrounded by the ocean in a way. It was very cool and I hope Blizzard dont get discouraged of trying new stuff like that because of some vocal minority that for some odd reason hated it, not even disliked it, but hated it.

As for the whole expansion. The only things I didn't like is how they nerfed the dungeons cause of the crybabies and Dragon Soul was...meh for last tier. But other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed that expansion.

There is literally nothing interesting about this expansion so far. A lot of the interesting Legion mechanics removed, while the others stay the same...
    What is new, exactly ? Procedural generation on scenarios and a PvE battleground ?

Guess I've outgrown this new arcade style of wow gameplay. Legion I was pretty hyped for and played hard the few 6 months but still quit after a while. I've played beta enough to get my fill of whats to come for the 8.0 launch and post 3-4 months of content. I might resub when 8.1 or 8.2 out comes if I really feel the hook but I've leveled up in beta to max and have like 325 ilvl. Its the same expansion just some new paint which isn't a big enough hook to me anymore. I have a wow token waiting in my bags on live to use. As for me yeah I have zero hype for BfA. It's actually a nice change for me because I've found so many new steam games that I'm able to play now. I have more free time for proper meal timing and consistency with other life things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Plus you think classic is going to have as many subs as bfa, which is laughable, completely insane and delusional.
    It might be completely possible. If BfA goes the way of WoD or is just mediocre, the game could very well have around 2 million or less subs. Classic could easily top that through word of mouth and general hype from people like streamers (most of the major ones will be playing it) and you can see what that did to games like Pubg and Fortnite.

The problem is that retail subs are so abysmal now that they don't even report them so defenders of the game will always assume the largest number possible.

Those that claim there has been a lot of marketing for BFA are likely active players and fully engaged in the game. Outside of them, you ask other people who may have played WOW in the past about the expansion about it and the response is, what expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Those that claim there has been a lot of marketing for BFA are likely active players and fully engaged in the game. Outside of them, you ask other people who may have played WOW in the past about the expansion about it and the response is, what expansion?
    I don't remember any marketing for Legion either... When did they have those TV commercials (like the ones with Verne Troyer)? Was that WoD?

Well, BfA leveling sounds like fun... as fun as the "features" of the so called expansion lol. BfA looks like a beautiful snooze fest.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Yeah guys remember when they shelled more money on advertisement than the game itself, when we got to see all those tv ads and even that one time they even made an art installation to promote the bestest xpansion ever, remember?

I swear these threads make fucking /v/ look good.
    Remember Night Elf Mohawks?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    defenders of the game will always assume the largest number possible.
    They just pull numbers out of their rears, with complete disregard of indirect sources - which point all to the same direction, unaccurate as they may be.