Page 1 of 2
LastLast

*Spoilers* Illidari/Knights of the Ebon Blade in BfA?

I don't have access to beta, but I've been keeping up with most of the latest info and I've been wondering something: are there any new developments regarding the Illidari or the Knights of the Ebon Blade? I remember seeing some datamining about some red dragons wanting revenge against the Deathlord, but I haven't seen anything else.
    Last edited by A Young Munch; 2018-07-01 at 12:05 PM.

Not really. The revenge part against the Deathlord for slaughtering them (which was fun by the way) is the only thing “new”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There was something about red dragons and their salt about being massacred datamined a while back, but nothing has been seen of it in a while. Demon Hunters are completely absent from BfA datamining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Young Munch View Post
    I don't have access to beta, but I've been keeping up with most of the latest info and I've been wondering something: are there any new developments regarding the Illidari or the Knights of the Ebon Blade? I remember seeing some datamining about some red dragons wanting revenge against the Deathlord, but I haven't seen anything else.
    The red dragon thing was retconned before 7.2 left the PTR, because people were missing the Feat of Strength and Blizz felt it gratuitous to boot, so that was likely one of those things Blizz snuck into the game files to mess with dataminers. As far as the Illidari, they'll probably do what the death knights did, integrate back into their native factions, and get in on killing dudes to pass the time now that their primary goal has been addressed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There was something about red dragons and their salt about being massacred datamined a while back, but nothing has been seen of it in a while. Demon Hunters are completely absent from BfA datamining.
    Like they are absent from patch notes or class reworks :/

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The red dragon thing was retconned before 7.2 left the PTR, because people were missing the Feat of Strength and Blizz felt it gratuitous to boot, so that was likely one of those things Blizz snuck into the game files to mess with dataminers.
    No one is talking about the achiev.

We are talking about the fact that Death Knights went into the Ruby Sanctum and slaughtered red dragons there. In BfA's datamining, people found out that some Red Dragons do recognize you in the new content, and point out your atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    As far as the Illidari, they'll probably do what the death knights did, integrate back into their native factions, and get in on killing dudes to pass the time now that their primary goal has been addressed.
    I've always loved that we are the "heroes of Azeroth" yet everywhere we go we colonize it, slaughter the locals that won't become our allies and force the compliant races into letting us use their cities as our staging grounds.

I doubt the illidari will ever be mentioned again honestly. I love my demon hunter but even I acknowledge they were a (break in case of emergency) type of addition.

The Illidari and DKs are hung on the shelves until Burning Legion 4.0 [Reign of Chaos 1.0, Burning Crusade 2.0, and Legion 3.0] and WotLK 2.0.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I doubt the KotEB will just splinter and integrate back into the factions. Darion was even present during both factions artefact cinematic. Given their order hall story there is a bigger chance that the bulk of them will do what they always do and eventually will become slaves of the lich king again. The plot for something like that is already set up. I wouldn't even be surprised if there was weird connection between the lich king and the DK artefacts and some of Gorribal's power went to him as well, the way we raised the four horseman LK style without valkyr was definitely dodgy to begin with.

The player character, as the retard without free will (ironically) will join the faction again (obviously), but I doubt Koltira (only one ever shown on Horde side) will bother to do so. Thassarian will also probably pick his fights better in the future. They might even be the ones to step in when we unite to take down sylvanas if it comes to it .

The only DH I saw in BfA content was Marius who is still adventuring with Tehd.

DKs had a line datamined in which a Red Dragon admonished them for their actions at Wyrmrest, but it doesn't seem like it made it in the game anywhere as far as I can tell.

It doesn't surprise me that neither is present, they are both neutral orders and lorewise I'm pretty sure very few of these classes even participate in the faction war or would have much reason to be in Kul'tiras or Zandalar.

We'll see DKs again whenever Bolvar is up to sillyness, and DHs... dunno, maybe they'll rebrand themselves Void Hunters or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least from the Alliance side, if you play a death knight while questing through Drustvar you come up across a random quest involving a random red dragon. She says things she knows who you are and what you have done against her kind.

After finishing the small quest chain, you can talk to her and you have to options to click: talk to her some more or attack her. If you attack her, I think you try to do Death Grip and she freezes you in place saying, "I knew you couldn't be trusted!" and turns into a dragon and knocks you back, sending you flying like over 100 yards.

Lol.

I want to see an Illidari out there somewhere on the new continent with a sign that says "will slay demons for food"

I didn't hurt a single one of those red dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I didn't hurt a single one of those red dragons!
    I knew about the achievment,so I first did a run to get the FoS but didn't complete the quest, canceled it and then I went and finished the quest ninja-style without killing a single one. I wonder what they will have tracked.. probably the first one :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No one is talking about the achiev.

We are talking about the fact that Death Knights went into the Ruby Sanctum and slaughtered red dragons there. In BfA's datamining, people found out that some Red Dragons do recognize you in the new content, and point out your atrocity.
    Yeah but the achievement got removed from game, it is assumed that u sneaked ur way instead of go jurrassic park way and extinct the sh8t out of them, it won't make sense that after blizz removed achievement about killing red dragons, that it 'returns' again to game that u actually did it instead of the other option, which was sneak around, since u can also do it stealth way
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    I doubt the illidari will ever be mentioned again honestly. I love my demon hunter but even I acknowledge they were a (break in case of emergency) type of addition.
    It is more because the demon threat is nearly dead now than 'break in case of emergency', on other hand Legion show us that Bolvar is growing in power and distant in his care about life (we all saw how he has zero problem kill anyone for even no reason, he doesn't go out to kill yet however), so DKs may get more role soon, but DH won't have any role until demons start to be a threat
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Yeah but the achievement got removed from game, it is assumed that u sneaked ur way instead of go jurrassic park way and extinct the sh8t out of them, it won't make sense that after blizz removed achievement about killing red dragons, that it 'returns' again to game that u actually did it instead of the other option, which was sneak around, since u can also do it stealth way
    A Death Knight? SNEAKING AROUND?!?!

I don't think it was a popular course of action for the class' playerbase...

Spoiler, but the only DK I saw in the new expansion was in Drustvar, I think... not sure, where a red dragon asks you to assist her in properly burying one of her dead brethren before he or she gets turned into a DK mount. Only saw this once and I'm not even sure about the area. Still, I enjoyed the attention I got in Legion as a DK. Best story by far in my opinion and pretty nice stuff on the side. I suppose if we get nice stuff like that again, I don't mind waiting, just not 10 years again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "He murdered us all, I'm so salty rn Kappa"

As others have said: Nothing actually in any of the datamining except for a short reference to the Dk mount quest.

My prediction: Sylvanas will abandon the Horde in 8.3 to kill Bolvar and claim his crown. Which will bring both the Dks and the Alliance on board, as Bolvar's daughter (and some speculate: Calia's daughter) is Anduin's bride.

Illidari will only get mentioned again once Alliance+Horde unite against the next Big Bad.