I never bought a 2DS myself, but I bought a 3DS because I had some overtime cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Bought a N3DS because I wanted shorter load times on Smash 4 and Xenoblade 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The 2DS was $129.99 when it first launched.

And yea, Nintendo could have sold XLs at the same price as the 2DS if they wanted but they liked the healthy profit they made on each 3DS family system sell.
    Dam totally forgot it started at $129.99, Nintendo loves that money lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Dam totally forgot it started at $129.99, Nintendo loves that money lol.
    Yeah, especially since they reported their first ever annual loss the year before.

And having money means they can weather storms, ether recessions, flops, or needing a lot of money for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Yeah, especially since they reported their first ever annual loss the year before.

And having money means they can weather storms, ether recessions, flops, or needing a lot of money for something new.
    I mean, blah blah Nintendo making money is a good thing I guess?

But the 3DS family pricing was disgusting when you compare it hardware to hardware with what was in the Vita, or now even the Switch. Nintendo had to of been making an apple sized profit margin on them.

I guess they had to make up for selling Wii Us at a loss but that's Nintendo's own damn fault for how stupid the design of the Wii U was driving up the manufacturing costs of it. Selling 240p hardware for $200 in 2013 and beyond is actually ridiculous when you think about it.

For the record I wouldn't of wanted a cheaper 3DS, I would of wanted it to be much better hardware fit for the price. That was always my issue with it, take away the 3D which was a bad gimmick and it was basically a weaker PSP with a touch screen. It was literally the most conservative hardware Nintendo could have gone with for a DS successor.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-07-01 at 04:35 AM.

But the 3DS family pricing was disgusting when you compare it hardware to hardware with what was in the Vita, or now even the Switch. Selling 240p hardware for $200 in 2013 and beyond is actually ridiculous when you think about it.
    Hell even comparing to the PSP's hardware its overpriced as fuck. But Nintendo gotta make dat money Even the "new" 3DS shouldn't cost as much as it does.

Its a perfect example on what happens when a company has a monopoly on a market.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hell even comparing to the PSP's hardware its overpriced as fuck. But Nintendo gotta make dat money Even the "new" 3DS shouldn't cost as much as it does.

Its a perfect example on what happens when a company has a monopoly on a market.
    I always wanted a psp or a vita, even more than a 3ds. Maybe I should look into finally picking one up. Hmm. I may have a Switch but ya can never have enough on the go gaming.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I always wanted a psp or a vita, even more than a 3ds. Maybe I should look into finally picking one up. Hmm. I may have a Switch but ya can never have enough on the go gaming.
    Both are great, If you get a PSP I recommend the 2001 or 3001 models (They are slim models) and I recommend the Slim model of the Vita for the extra battery life and the fact it uses a normal USB card to charge unlike the original model.

10+ Year Old Account

Playstation remake on switch.

(4 year old game -- 1.st time i hear abauth it)

Here is gameplay (not switch):

Comes out at 10th.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    You may as well get a vita since it can play a lot of psp games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Playstation remake on switch.

(4 year old game -- 1.st time i hear abauth it)

Here is gameplay (not switch):

Comes out at 10th.
    It has its own thread. Either way im more excited for this than octopath.

psps are great because you can easily hack them and emulate any game pre ps2 era
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It has its own thread. Either way im more excited for this than octopath.
    Getting both, but mainly only getting SRR to support Sega actually localizing shit for once. I like the character designs but outside of that the game feels about as generic as a JRPG possibly can.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Comes out at 10th.
    Those are some weird looking chocobo's

I rly wish they'd stop with that kind of combat system in JRPG's, I don't get on with it at all. Feels horrible to play.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I rly wish they'd stop with that kind of combat system in JRPG's, I don't get on with it at all. Feels horrible to play.
    What? As in real time combat? I don't, I prefer diversity in the genre. Even if it means we get clunkers like XV, there is plenty of turn based/menu based combat JRPGs from SMT, Persona, DQ, Bravely, Octopath, Pokemon, Etrian, LoH, all the first person dungeon crawlers and then even more if we start including the turn based strategy JRPGs.

If anything the real time combat JRPGs are the least saturated, people must only think they are so common thanks to XV using a clunker of a real time battle system and tales I guess? Maybe Xenoblade(which is actually CD based MMO style and not hack and slashy so I still consider it something completely different)?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-07-01 at 10:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What? As in real time combat? I don't, I prefer diversity in the genre. Even if it means we get clunkers like XV, there is plenty of turn based/menu based combat JRPGs from SMT, Persona, DQ, Bravely, Octopath, Pokemon, Etrian, LoH, all the first person dungeon crawlers and then even more if we start including the turn based strategy JRPGs.

If anything the real time combat JRPGs are the least saturated, people must only think they are so common thanks to XV using a clunker of a real time battle system and tales I guess? Maybe Xenoblade(which is actually CD based MMO style and not hack and slashy so I still consider it something completely different)?
    Why would you want real time combat trying to be JRPG when you could just have better combat systems like the last of us, uncharted etc where the action is actually fun

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why would you want real time combat trying to be JRPG when you could just have better combat systems like the last of us, uncharted etc where the action is actually fun
    When people talk about an apple to oranges comparison this is an apple to hickory smoked bacon comparison. My palm is literally glued to my face after this one.

Please never post in this thread again if you're going to compare really good, tight and scripted 10-15 hour experiences with JRPGs. Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    When people talk about an apple to oranges comparison this is an apple to hickory smoked bacon comparison. My palm is literally glued to my face after this one.

Please never post in this thread again if you're going to compare really good, tight and scripted 10-15 hour experiences with JRPGs. Thanks.
    please dont tell others when and how to post, cheers.

also i didnt know scripted cutscenes was the same thing as combat systems but sure

please dont tell others when and how to post, cheers.
    There was no telling, there was asking. By all means if you wish to continue to make ridiculous comparisons(what's next Mario and Halo?) you can feel free, there happens to be a button to deal with that for myself.

So before you tried to derail with some ridiculous ass Naughty Dog comparison to JRPGs I was stating diversity and sub genres in the genre is a good thing. Nobody wants an oversaturated cookie cutter JRPG in this day and age, ask Tokyo RPG Factory how well those have worked for them with repeated yearly losses posted. If you want to do turn based or menu based you have to bring something unique to the genre with it, if you can't you're better suited putting effort into making a more unique combat system.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-07-01 at 11:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting both, but mainly only getting SRR to support Sega actually localizing shit for once. I like the character designs but outside of that the game feels about as generic as a JRPG possibly can.
    I'm getting both too, but octo looks really lame to me. Plus butterfly hair accessory.

- - - Updated - - -

TL: I haven't played kh2 on critical

10+ Year Old Account

While not nearly as real time as 15, I actually really liked 12s combat tbh. Unpopular opinion, 12 is the second best FF behind 9.