Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That animation was honestly pretty tame. I feel like if you get a seizure looking at that you probably shouldn't even be playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some flashes and such annoy me and well some things may not cause seizures. Yeah they probably should avoid video games but it is their choice. Don't blame the ppl that get seizures, tell Blizzard there should be a toggle or something(Even though it matters little since it lasts only a month.)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    That animation was honestly pretty tame. I feel like if you get a seizure looking at that you probably shouldn't even be playing the game.
    Spoken like someone who has no idea how visual epilepsy works. It has nothing to do with the SEVERITY of the flashing, but the FREQUENCY of the flashing. Obviously nothing like that was flashing in WoW before, or it it was it had a toggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    As we all know, it has been disabled because someone claimed in the official forums that they got a seizure because of it. I really liked it, was very inmersive and it seems the animation gets crazier each weak.
    Is there no macro/addon to turn it back on?
    I think it sucks we have it disable for a single complain.
    Really stupid. I could care less about seizures, I don't have them and I want to have awesome animations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It might have only been one complaint, but I'm sure that quite a few people will have been affected, or would have. I'm inclined to agree with a toggle though, that seems a fair compromise. That said, it's only for about a month and then it won't matter anyway. I'm sure we'll live.
    But that sets a bad precedent. Why should normal people suffer because of tiny ill minority?

Jesus, y'all have the empathy of a wet rock. "Memememememememememe, fuck everyone else"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Toggles I can stand. This isn't a toggle but a attack on the good people who play this game who don't get seizures triggered by flashing lights. A attack on our very way of life!

Though on a serious note I honestly do hope that development doesn't take into consideration disabilities during design...
    I mean, I assume they make sure all the new models, textures, and visual effects work properly in color blind modes so yeah, they do develop with disabilities in mind. And speaking as someone without, being a colossal asshole toward people for their hobbies and asking for options that make the experience more enjoyable for them isn't exactly doing anything to improve the situation.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Because they paid for it and that means they should be able to play it!!!! your brain-privilege is showing
    People with no legs can purchase dance lessons, doesn't mean they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Jesus, y'all have the empathy of a wet rock. "Memememememememememe, fuck everyone else"
    Empathy and civility died when people started calling it political correctness and convinced other people it was a bad thing.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If someone is susceptible to seizures they are in danger just by playing not because of any special animations. All games have warnings like that and many people can’t even look at game screens because they claim it’s flickering or whatnot. I think it’s irrelevant but yeah blizzard would rather destroy the game than be called out as not politically correct enough.
    What in the world would make you confuse political correctness with addressing a serious health concern? If the effect was causing people seizures then this was absolutely the right call to make. A mildly entertaining flashy effect is not worth risking physical injury to even a small handful of your players. Yeah, it would've been nice if they added an option to toggle it on or off, but I can understand why they wouldn't implement special UI functionality for something that's only going to be around for a few weeks at most.

It's really shocking to me to see people in this thread prioritising such a minuscule cosmetic element of their gameplay experience over something that might literally cause someone to get hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Empathy and civility died when people started calling it political correctness and convinced other people it was a bad thing.
    Depends on the context of said Political correctness. I mean I knew a girl who had seizures, not pretty. Don't think she played video games but still it's not a good experience. I mean if a toggle bothers people here, you can kindly leave(Not directed at you Thage).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I absolutely respect the player and hope he/she is well. I am sad with how the potential problem was handled in a way that does not honor a multimillion company with literally endless means and resources to make things happen. This has NOTHING to do with the player. It has everything to do with Blizzard.
    Really see no reason to waste time programming a toggle though, it'll be gone in 2 weeks regardless.

You always do, or you're just throwing money down the drain. If its something as easy as making sure you have CB mode or Subtitles, that can bring in more people. Basically you're asking game developers to flat out ignore certain demographics. Games are a business, they want money, and they will try to get it from everyone.
    You don't make money by investing is slivers of the population.

Some people are allergic to peanuts let’s not blame them for eating peanuts let’s just ban peanuts altogether.
    If we have to torture comparisons this one would be closer: Some people have peanut alergies, let's not blame them for eating food.

Seizures from video games are incredibly rare and game developers are getting better and better at making games even safer.
    In the rare instance where they screw up, they will of course pull the animation. Just like any food producer will pull their product, if they find out something is wrong with it. The alternative would be to risk people dieing, so that other people can look at something sparkle.

Hopefully there will be a new animation, once they figured out what's wrong with it.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

You don't make money by investing is slivers of the population.
    Disabilities as a whole are not "slivers of the population" and what you fail to realize is those "slivers of the population" affect more people. If a group of friends with a colorblind guy in the mix or a deaf girl, want to play a game but it doesn't have options to help the one with a disability, they didn't just lose out on one sale, they lost out on multiples.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the one who used the “political correctness” in this thread and I think you didn’t bother to read me thoroughly or you chose not to. I have explained that there was a macro posted that fixed the problem right away with a lot of civility and a lot of empathy for the “victim” of the flashes.

Then came blizzard and diminished everyone’s experience “just in case” showing that a) they didn’t understand what the problem was b) they don’t give a fuck about players in general c) all they care about is the company image.

So that in my agenda is political correctness in light of a potential issue.
    Seizures are no small issue, it can cause more issues or cause a life threatening situation. Think Blizzard wants to risk that? No, yeah a toggle would be nice but preventing another seizure is honestly better.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I mean, I assume they make sure all the new models, textures, and visual effects work properly in color blind modes so yeah, they do develop with disabilities in mind. And speaking as someone without, being a colossal asshole toward people for their hobbies and asking for options that make the experience more enjoyable for them isn't exactly doing anything to improve the situation.
    So what other negative knock on effects does that mentally have? Do we now have to restrict particle effects and flashing in armor,bosses,and visual design?

I pity people with disabilities but I don't dim my own life to try and lighten up theirs.

Disabilities as a whole are not "slivers of the population" and what you fail to realize is those "slivers of the population" affect more people. If a group of friends with a colorblind guy in the mix or a deaf girl, want to play a game but it doesn't have options to help the one with a disability, they didn't just lose out on one sale, they lost out on multiples.
    I don't think this happens. I also don't believe you think this happens. I think you are stretching really far to make a argument you know is terrible and doesn't make sense.

I don't think this happens. I also don't believe you think this happens. I think you are stretching really far to make a argument you know is terrible and doesn't make sense.
    This does happen, I've seen it happen. Gaming is still a very social affair.

This does happen, I've seen it happen. Gaming is still a very social affair.
    To what possible level...? A 100 people, 1000?

Why would friends go out of their way to play a hobby one of them wouldn't be able to enjoy?

Personally couldn't care less.
    Very rarely do I even need to open the artifact screen, so pretty indifferent about it.