Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Honestly, what can you even do anymore at this point?

If you have money, you can at least live in a gated community with guards. Everyone else will have to decide to stay or go I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think hes refering to the fact the California has one of the largest economies in the world and yet it has a huge disparity between wealthy and poor. Seems like democrats cant figure out how to decrease poverty.
    Republicans know how to!
    Those poor struggling billionaires now pay less taxes. Good for them!

Idiot.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    False

Could you at least fact check before bashing the U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ess_population

If ya want to break it down by ratio we have less homeless then
    China, Netherlands, France, Sweden, Austraila, UK, Russia, Sweden, the list goes on and on.
    I really, really doubt that list. Whereas I can theoretically explain the number of homeless in Ukraine, with all the civil war going on and entire east being decimated, I suspect that much of this number comes from technicalities. For example, my parents live in Ukraine right now, and technically they are homeless, despite owning and living in a 2 floor, 3 bedroom private house, on their own piece of land in the center of the capital. Why? Because this house was never registered as a habitable building with an architectural bureau.

Yeah, my parents are considered homeless while living in this house.
    I suspect that much of these numbers is a hype trash talk, especially for Russia (that is clearly overblown and is actually based on a single statement of an opposition political party's leader, where he estimated the number of homeless as 3-5 mil, despite population count citing less than 100k). Look, being actually homeless outside of a shelter in a Russian winter is kind of a death sentence. I would not expect a person to survive 3 freezing months in a much milder Ukrainian of Czech climate:

Surviving a winter in Russia, especially further north is a whole different escapade:
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-07-02 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Republicans know how to!
    Those poor struggling billionaires now pay less taxes. Good for them!

Idiot.
    You're so ignorant its astonishing. Democrats are by far the richest party now, they represent the richest and the poorest whereas republicans are now the majority of middle class. Silicon valley is filled with massive liberal corporations, and then you have a guy like Mark Zuckerberg who will lecture everyone about immigration and borders and then has a proclivity for building massive walls around his house . And btw 50% of the taxes in California are paid by 150k people in a state of 40 million, but no one talks about the generosity of rich people they just want more welfare cheques.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Honestly, what can you even do anymore at this point?

If you have money, you can at least live in a gated community with guards. Everyone else will have to decide to stay or go I guess.
    There's a lot we can do policy-wise to support the growth of the middle class, which benefits everyone. A healthy middle class is what fuels our economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I really, really doubt that list. Whereas I can theoretically explain the number of homeless in Ukraine, with all the civil war going on and entire east being decimated, I suspect that much of this number comes from technicalities. For example, my parents live in Ukraine right now, and technically they are homeless, despite owning and living in a 2 floor, 3 bedroom private house, on their own piece of land in the center of the capital. Why? Because this house was never registered as a habitable building with an architectural bureau.

Yeah, my parents are considered homeless while living in this house.
    I suspect that much of these numbers is a hype trash talk, especially for Russia (that is clearly overblown and is actually based on a single statement of an opposition political party's leader, where he estimated the number of homeless as 3-5 mil, despite population count citing less than 100k). Look, being actually homeless outside of a shelter in a Russian winter is kind of a death sentence. I would not expect a person to survive 3 freezing months in a much milder Ukrainian of Czech climate:

Surviving a winter in Russia, especially further north is a whole different escapade:
    That last photo brings back memories, when I was a kid we used to sled off the roof of our house.

Almost everybody has given up on the homeless, including the homeless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Is it bashing for pointing out that they have the third largest homeless population per capita?
    I live less than one mile from NYC and I don't see shanty towns like these anywhere (NY has more homeless per capita.)
    Weather is a pretty big factor in that. There are also sections of the city with empty buildings and industrial areas where there certainly are shantyvilles like that under over passes and things like that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yes, and if you made 250k USD in a poorer country than the US, you would live far better than you would here, but that doesn't make the country better.
    that would only be because you'd be living in a different country. quality of life between different regions of a country is a pretty relevant measure.

Pretty sure that this was actually the Reagan administration a long time ago dumping wards of the state onto the streets because "daddy in the sky" would have done the same. Xtians needs salvation because if they didn't have it, they'd go straight to hell in their own lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oddly nothing you just said refuted anything Celista stated. Red states are generally poorer than blue states.
    Not when compared to cost of living. Sure they have lower incomes but also lower cost of living.

http://time.com/money/5177566/averag...te-real-value/

Notice that about half of the the highest states are red. While there are few more lowest states that are red, there are also more red states than there are blue (30 vs 21 including DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Not when compared to cost of living. Sure they have lower incomes but also lower cost of living.

http://time.com/money/5177566/averag...te-real-value/

Notice that about half of the the highest states are red. While there are few more lowest states that are red, there are also more red states than there are blue (30 vs 21 including DC)
    Interesting, seems Alaska is going much greater than most other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Don't call them homeless, call them next generation Democrat voters.
    And what would voting Republican do for them?

if by interesting you mean stupid opinion piece that makes no sense and says that red states are richer than blue ones despite the fact they take up more federal dollars and many states by per capita have more people who are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think hes refering to the fact the California has one of the largest economies in the world and yet it has a huge disparity between wealthy and poor. Seems like democrats cant figure out how to decrease poverty.
    Then California is a state, in the union, that is also currently Republican owned. But I get it.. a problem in a democrat state is a democrat problem a problem in a republican state is a nation issue.

No it makes perfect sense cause I lived it.

Used to make 250k in Virginia in 2002. Now making less 1/3 of that in Maine, and living far better. It makes perfect sense and is anything but bullshit. Unless of course your own bias has just made you blind or stupid.
    then explain why these "richer red states" have higher instances of people needing welfare?

The Democrats have given up on the homeless, they've shifted their attention to illegal immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    The richest country in the world has the most homeless in the world.
    Because Dems are running this states, like any other shithole I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    The same weeping SJWs that want to take your guns, but send their kids to private schools with armed guards from homes in gated communities with armed guards.
    The people in CA wealthy enough to live in gated communities with armed security is a fraction of a percentage of the population, generally older, skews more conservative, and are certainly not the ones running around at protests beating the SJW drum, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    CA is just like every other liberal cesspit. They want all the homeless people housed and fed, but they want YOU to do it with YOUR money. All those weeping SJWs that moved into San Francisco decided to boot the homeless people out, how compassionate. The same weeping SJWs that want to take your guns, but send their kids to private schools with armed guards from homes in gated communities with armed guards. Liberals, what a joke.
    They should be open and honest about being regressive shit heads. I agree.

Conservatives have no trouble saying shit about poor people and then being shitty to poor people. Evil but better than being a hypocrite.

Twenty nine percent of CA homeless are veterans. I don’t see the Fed doing anything constructive.

At least the State & Cities are trying to help. The City of Los Angeles alone has housed more homeless veterans than any other states in the US. The state has been providing training and recruiting veterans into Cal Fire. On and on. The problem is that the number is overwhelming.

Mental illness is another problem. City of San Francisco provides extensive housing for homeless. However, since these residences have rules (no drugs, no roommates, no prostitution, counseling, work training, etc.) many homeless would rather stay on the street. It is a tough issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    They should be open and honest about being regressive shit heads. I agree.

Conservatives have no trouble saying shit about poor people and then being shitty to poor people. Evil but better than being a hypocrite.
    And when Democrats actually pass legislation to house the homeless by taxing large corporations, their donors step-in and kill it or retroactively repeal it. Let's just not pretend both parties aren't hypocrites, because they both are, just in different areas.

E.g. Republicans claiming they are fiscal conservatives then expand pork barrel defense contractor spending to record levels while also fighting any attempts to audit defense spending. Meanwhile, Democrats claiming they are for all these nice things to help working families like healthcare or helping the homeless or breaking up the banks, then caving when special interests step in, and sometimes even doing the opposite: i.e. when Democrats joined Republicans in deregulating the so-called "community" banks which were in fact quarter-trillion dollar institutions that were directly involved in the financial crisis. At least the Republicans are honest about wanting to deregulate. Democrats will just do it behind your back and then present it with a flowery lie like "oh, they are community banks". Didn't realize a $250,000,000,000.00 institution is a "community bank". I could keep going on and on. The examples are endless.
    Waste not, want not.