What other traditional rpgs would you like to see get the videogame treatment?

Right now theres a lot of buzz about cyberpunk but anyone who knows their traditional games know its far from the first pen and paper game to get either a direct videogame adaptation or shameless knock off. Vampire the Masquerade, Neverwinter, Shadowrun and so on are a long line of attempts to translate a game from tabletop to digital formats. Some are considered bad attempts and others cult classics. But theres a lot of more niche ones you dont see talked about that often too. What spurned me to make this thread was finding a copy of "Hunter: The Reckoning" for the original xbox for £1 at a flea market this afternoon. A forgettable but fun gauntlet meets diablo game with a early 2000's inner city gothic horror setting based on another game in the same tabletop universe as vampire the masquerade: bloodlines. It made me think that even the same ip's have other games that are ripe for fun game ideas. To list a few examples i would like to see theres the following:

Changeling: The Lost - Another game in the same world as Vampire the Masquerade but instead of leatherclub numetal goth fetish fuel its more rural and isolated. Often in settings like the american rustbelt used in games like Night in the Woods. To use an example of the setting maybe one day your character is walking through the woods and follows a strange man with a deers head deeper than usual. You find you are lost in a supernatural realm 'beyond the hedge' in the court of 'the fae' which are faries but not in the tinkerbell kind but the old fashioned child stealing, iron fearing degenerate monsters kind. They keep you as a toy to torture and mistreat for what feels like centuries and then you escape. You try to go home to find years have passed and a doppelganger was left in your place and nobody knows you are gone. Worse your time beyond the hedge has changed you. Maybe leaves grow from your hair or your hands end in gnarled claws of bark. You have taken on a seasonal aspect of nature and become something that can now see all the vampires, werewolves and worse in the night and on top of that the fae are having a wild hunt to find you. You explore the outbacks, the backroads, the run down bars and strip malls most of mankind abandoned to find help to survive.
    There were rumours of a game in the works set in late 90's michigan, replace vampires goths and club rats with hipster burnouts, college students getting too deep into shit they shouldn't and a general small town going to rust setting it seemed like a really neat idea for a videogame. But Changeling has always been a bit more touchy as a game since a lot of it is dealing with npcs or even player characters who are essentially abuse survivors and thats hard to gamify compared to the power trip of playing a vampire in a city of humans. Still i'll always wonder with this one what might have been.

Frostgrave - A spiritual successor to Mordheim Frostgrave is a simple story about a magical city gone bust. Or boom as it were. One day this city that put dalaran to shame has an experiment go bad and freeze the city and most of its continental landmass under ice. Now thousands of years later its thawing and the newly christened 'frostgrave' is ripe for the pillaging. But all over the city ancient experiments are waking up. Necromancy, fleshcraft, living plague carriers and worse. You pick a sorcerer from an archetype like witch, shaman or necromancer and hire a team of jobbers to go on treasure hunts.
    Basically imagine xcom with a setting like Irithyll of the Boreal Valley from DS3.

Savage Worlds: East Texas University
    - This is a game set at a university over the 3-4 years you attend. Basically? its buffy but way more bloody. You start by rolling your freshman, picking classes instead of talents to guide your build and you have a big bad each year and it all ties into some plot. Maybe the dean is in league with a old god? maybe the cheerleader sorority is actually some brides of satan tier witches? its whatever you want as long as its spooky.
    It makes me imagine a game like a blend of Obscure and those 3rd person action buffy games and would be a neat throwback to that early 2000's vibe time forgot.

What tabletop games would you like to see get a videogame? necromunda? tales from the loop? malifaux?

Whats your dream adaptation from pen and paper good times?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-06-21 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I play card games on the table top :P

Id like to see a Yugioh RPG. Not the weird ones we got (although I liked some of them) But an actual RPG based in the Yugioh Universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legend of the Five Rings (base it on 3e) - it's basically DnD Samurai Edition. However, there are SHITLOADS of variations on the Fighter class, and multiclassing is way easier, leading you to be able to create some hilariously overpowered characters. Then you fight Fu Leng and he spite stomps you, because fuck you I'm Fu Leng.

Riddle of Steel. It's basically Hipster Dark Souls. Hands down, far and away the most complex, but rewarding combat system I've ever played in a TTRPG. I've had duels that have lasted 10+ turns without either player managing to so much as scratch their enemy... BUT, as soon as the first blood is drawn, combat ends with alarming rapidity, due to rules for shock, blood loss, limb damage and a number of other factors.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

MOUSE GUARD!

Don't set it during any major stories or involve any of the major characters, just let me make a party of guardsmice and defend the territories!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly pathfinder with either a good mmo or a game akin to divinity original sin 2 set in the inner seas with almost if not all races and class options..regular updates too(if an mmo make it classless but with class options as a starting kit)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Honestly pathfinder with either a good mmo or a game akin to divinity original sin 2 set in the inner seas with almost if not all races and class options..regular updates too(if an mmo make it classless but with class options as a starting kit)
    already in the works
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...der_Kingmaker/

Heres hoping that another studio can hit the Baldur's Gate mark
    Last edited by anaxie; 2018-07-03 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    already in the works

I know of that. I'm kinda surprised this game is not your usual microscopic budget CRPG game. I mean where do they get their funding considering Pillars of Eternity 2 is still low budget garbage after they already built a dedicated fanbase?!

The graphics and animations alone look very much AAA quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    5E D&D keeps releasing mini guides to adapt different MTG planes to D&D. I think MTG at large would be awesome for an MMO. Would love to kick Bolas' ass with 9 other planeswalkers.
    Oh really? Think they'll do Phyrexia?

Deleted
    SLA Industries. Man that world is so amazing! It would be such an amazing setting for PC games, TV shows or movies.

5E D&D keeps releasing mini guides to adapt different MTG planes to D&D. I think MTG at large would be awesome for an MMO. Would love to kick Bolas' ass with 9 other planeswalkers.
    Well Shadow over Innistrad/Eldritch Moon is literally Bloodborne with angels

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Betrayal at house on the Hill. Co-Op Survival horror. Where the rooms are procedurally generated.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well Shadow over Innistrad/Eldritch Moon is literally Bloodborne with angels
    Yeah they skipped that setting because really, it wasn't D&D material, to dystopic. Also awesome.

Though realistically, Amonkhet post Hours is likely even worse.
    https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/d..._Innistrad.pdf
    http://media.wizards.com/2017/downlo...t_amonkhet.pdf

Were you not talking about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I really need to transition my D&D group from 3e to 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    already in the works

Oh i know about it. Reminds me need to order it. I DID NOT however know on steam..and fuck gere i spent my steam wallet

Exalted.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Exalted.

/10char
    OH YES. My Exalted character was basically an hermit that lived at the borders ow the world. Lost when he was very little and never found, he just lived with nature and wrestled bears. First time in a city ended with him grabbing a concrete pillar from a building and swinging it at baddies (or at least bad in his eyes). Plus, he doesn't know any language proficiently.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.