Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

No body is buying boosts enough to warrant that many people BOOSTING in the first place. It's always been a one sided service.

Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    That's such an egotistical way to look at it. It's like saying if I want to enjoy the thrill of skydiving but can't train myself to skydive then I shouldn't be able to go pay a trainer to do it with me because I didn't "earn" the experience myself. Paying for help is a very acceptable practice in all walks of life, and shouldn't be handicapped because of other peoples' big heads. Get over yourself.
    Carries are literally just "kill yourself at the beginning and let us do it for you". They don't want the liability of the carry screwing up mechanics so they usually just tell you to die. Skydiving isn't a good example because you are a part of the experience and falling just like the expert is.

The fact people can just buy stuff makes the achievement less, because "did he do it himself or did he just buy it?? idk".

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That makes sense though. Lots of players will accept keys that are close enough to what they're targetting, and it doesn't give you the ability to specify a range to my knowledge.
    It makes no sense to show me +14s when I need a +15 for my weekly chest. If I was okay with +14s, I'd check that myself after looking through the +15s. So now I have to search for +16 to get the result I want, and even then I get +16s and +17s which I'd rather not do if I can just get a +15 instead. It's a garbage bandaid to a horrible filtering system.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

the carry selling was a win-win-win situation from my point of view, blizzard got a lot of money due to wowtoken selling, the carry buyer got the gear/run/achievement that otherwise would be hard to get without a group, the carry seller got the game time that probably need. Killing the carrys is not a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by ombramo View Post
    No body is buying boosts enough to warrant that many people BOOSTING in the first place. It's always been a one sided service.
    You probably just don't know the scale of it. At the height of Legion m+ boosting (at launch and then a little after ToS), any group willing to boost would find buyers in minutes if not seconds. People are willing to buy plenty, and are even willing to pay more if you have good references. But it still sucks ass that ads pollute LFG.

Good riddance to this bad spam.

Great change. But why exactly are people buying boosts in the first place? If you're actually pushing progression in raids, I would sincerely hope you're good enough and geared enough to do something as easy as a +15.

For everyone else I imagine they are gearing up their alts to do more dps in LFR. Otherwise they are just paying for expensive gear that's going to be obsolete in a month.

Seriously, the time it takes to get 200k vs the time it takes to get into a legitimate +15 group isn't even remotely comparable.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2018-07-02 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    the carry selling was a win-win-win situation from my point of view, blizzard got a lot of money due to wowtoken selling, the carry buyer got the gear/run/achievement that otherwise would be hard to get without a group, the carry seller got the game time that probably need. Killing the carrys is not a smart move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Note that this does not change our policy on selling things such as raid carries for in-game gold. Those are still allowed, but should be advertised through realm-specific methods such as trade chat.
    You can still get trade spam for this kind of thing if you want it. Blizzard is simply eliminating group finder as a usable method for advertisement -- which is a good thing, since group finder was not designed for chatting or advertising guilds, carries, or whatever else. It's designed exclusively for finding groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Great change. But why exactly are people buying boosts in the first place? If you're actually pushing progression in raids, I would sincerely hope you're good enough to do something as easy as a +15.

For everyone else I imagine they are gearing up their alts to do more dps in LFR. Otherwise they are just paying for expensive gear that's going to be obsolete in a month.

Seriously, the time it takes to get 200k vs the time it takes to get into a legitimate +15 group isn't even remotely comparable.
    The same reason why mobile and free to play games thrive.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's about damn time. Finally LFG tool won't take filtering through aids to get a M+ group.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Sucks. Then play the game. If you want a reward, then play the game to earn it. People these days are so entitled. I don't PVP on the level of gladiator, but I'm not going to pay someone to carry me. What is the point of it if I didn't earn it myself? "Looks guys I got an achievement I didn't earn!"
    You get the item that's the point.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

So one just needs to create a boost community. Problem solved
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Muruxi View Post
    Buying boosts in wow... wow. I mean its retard easy game.
    For the people that do it it has nothing to do with difficulty, it has to do with time invested.

Ok maybe some people just suck but that's not everyone.

I've never been boosted for anything, but I can understand it.

For the people that use boosts/carries, no longer having a cross realm availability to these sellers ads is going to make it tougher to get done. Maybe the new social circle thing can alleviate some of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    So one just needs to create a boost community. Problem solved
    Already exists. OpenRaid.

Why no "official" way to find boost groups people are going to look for them outside the game, meaning that more people are going to RMT because why take gold when you can take $$$?

Good job blizzard, another change to the game from people that doesnt seem to play or understand their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't understand that it has taken this long for this to get "fixed" so to speak. HOW was this not brought up on the first monday-meeting among the WoW staff and fixed immideatly when the first boost groups appeared?

"Alright, next topic, we have seen people selling boosts in the Premade Finder, this is kinda ruining the tool as it was not intended for that, any ideas?"
    "Yeah, make it punishable to advertise for boosts".
    "Alright, good idea, we'll fix it right away, next thing on the agenda is..."

That's pretty much it. Something that took months could easily have been decided in like 1 minute. WHAT are they doing at that company, sometimes I wonder, are they heavily understaffed or why does it take so long to fix absolutely unquestionably broken things?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Great change. But why exactly are people buying boosts in the first place? If you're actually pushing progression in raids, I would sincerely hope you're good enough and geared enough to do something as easy as a +15.
    If you don't raid regularly you get the gear without much effort. I can now run HC raids and m+ up to 20 on on my schedule via GF. (Besides the boosts I don't need/want to play/train the mythic encounters or push to real difficult content)

I boosted my main to 975, got every transmog available. I can partake in every content I want to. Gear has been "worthless" in WoW for a very long time (expect certain transmogs).

It takes like 20 seconds to buy a WoW token (which is like 2-3 runs right now for 350k on EU servers, albeit it was more expensive before). Each subsequent token takes like 10 seconds.
    The gold transfer takes some time, granted (a few minutes).

It was never so relaxing playing this game.

Overall in my opinion it's a poor change. Let's say like 1/6 in GF are boost sellers. It's not that you don't have to use the filter anyway. With this change Blizzard drives people to boosting websites for real-money, especially when you are playing on a dead server with a dead trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I honestly can't understand that it has taken this long for this to get "fixed" so to speak. HOW was this not brought up on the first monday-meeting among the WoW staff and fixed immideatly when the first boost groups appeared?

"Alright, next topic, we have seen people selling boosts in the Premade Finder, this is kinda ruining the tool as it was not intended for that, any ideas?"
    "Yeah, make it punishable to advertise for boosts".
    "Alright, good idea, we'll fix it right away, next thing on the agenda is..."

That's pretty much it. Something that took months could easily have been decided in like 1 minute. WHAT are they doing at that company, sometimes I wonder, are they heavily understaffed or why does it take so long to fix absolutely unquestionably broken things?
    They make money off people buying tokens... they don't want to discourage it. It's why heroic has a time limited reward rather then mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never found it too annoying tbh, but it'll be nice to see just groups.

That said, it would be nice to have an in-game notice board for the people currently using LFG as an advertisement. Basically, realm fourms, but in-game. Trade chat doesn't exactly hit that mark. It advertises, but it's manual spam (for the most part).