Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Big class changes in 8.1

Really blizzard? Really??? Some classes and specs are that unfinished they are still going to receive big changes in 8.1
    How do they expect us to choose a solid main when they themselves said that some classes arent even gonna be ready until months after bfa drops.
    But hey! Gotta make that aug 14th deadline. My Hope's for bfa just keep getting smaller and smaller smh blizz I guess rip to shaman, priest, dk, and I'm sure they're gonna destroy warlocks because they're too fun to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Really blizzard? Really??? Some classes and specs are that unfinished they are still going to receive big changes in 8.1
    How do they expect us to choose a solid main when they themselves said that some classes arent even gonna be ready until months after bfa drops.
    But hey! Gotta make that aug 14th deadline. My Hope's for bfa just keep getting smaller and smaller smh blizz I guess rip to shaman, priest, dk, and I'm sure they're gonna destroy warlocks because they're too fun to be true!
    Warlocks and DKs are fine, same with most other classes. Shaman really is one of the only specs in major need of reworks, maybe havoc dh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Warlocks and DKs are fine, same with most other classes. Shaman really is one of the only specs in major need of reworks, maybe havoc dh.
    I know a priest needs it and I say warlock cause they just nerfed them down. And like said blizzard is known to kill fun classes weeks after they release them

15+ Year Old Account
    ... Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    ... Source?
    The most recent Q&A.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I know a priest needs it and I say warlock cause they just nerfed them down. And like said blizzard is known to kill fun classes weeks after they release them
    Shadow needs some number tuning, not a redesign. Holy is fine, as is Disc. Do you have more to provide in way of argument? I've leveled a total of 3 times to 120. Once as shadow once as disc, and a third time as a demo lock. None of these specs need total reworks?

-Dol

Mmmmmm the salty and tasty tears of the outraged! Honestly if you have been playing this game for any length of time this kind of thing is not new. Just pick one you enjoy and go with it.

They did the same thing in legion. This isn't something new to blizzard

This happens every expansion to the point where I'm wondering if a large amount of people's first expansion was Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolanar View Post
    Shadow needs some number tuning, not a redesign. Holy is fine, as is Disc. Do you have more to provide in way of argument? I've leveled a total of 3 times to 120. Once as shadow once as disc, and a third time as a demo lock. None of these specs need total reworks?

-Dol
    Shadow needs a rework it plays like shit. Has nothing to do with numbers
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    This happens every expansion to the point where I'm wondering if a large amount of people's first expansion was Legion.
    It's just as unacceptable this time as the previous times. You'd think it'd improve over time as they improve their processes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Uhh, warlocks and death knights are great. Priests really only = shadow priests. Both holy and disc are fine. Shaman = Ele, and I would argue ele is much better than people are giving it credit for, though not as good as legion. Enhance is fine, just needs some tuning/scaling changes. Resto is also fine.

I don't think there's every been a time where all specs and classes were "in a good place".
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I don't think there's every been a time where all specs and classes were "in a good place".
    MoP was pretty close.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Probably, as you rightly said there has always been big changes to classes with each xpac, and even mid xpac with WoTLK and hunters and losing volley partway through the xpac if I remember right, as has been so very long ago.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean at least this time they manned up and admitted it. Doesn't help however that they started working on classes far later in the beta cycle than in any previous xpac.
    I guess that's progress, at least. The starting late part is what confuses me, though, because the stuff they actually change once they got started was mostly good. They just gave themselves maybe a quarter of the time they've usually had to fix classes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I can't c a reason to hold up the entire expansion for a few specs. Just play ur current main, y do u need to switch? Or make a decision based on what u know now it's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I can't c a reason to hold up the entire expansion for a few specs. Just play ur current main, y do u need to switch? Or make a decision based on what u know now it's not that hard.
    What if his current main is one of the specs the devs forgot about for all of alpha and beta? And holding up the entire expansion wouldn't be necessary if they started working on classes earlier than 2 months before launch.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-07-03 at 01:47 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Remember that a balance patch came very early into mythic raiding in every tier this last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Remember that a balance patch came very early into mythic raiding in every tier this last patch.
    Balance patches don't do shit in terms of spec design. They just nerf the top few specs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU