[BFA Holy] Lack of Single Target option ?

Concerning dungeon and tank healing, BFA holy priest is the same as Live except for 2 major points :
    1) Damage is less on group and more on tank (and currently the have less self healing than live)
    2) Light of the N'aaru 40% increased healing is no more

There is still no talent to focus on tank healing. There is still no external damage reduction.

Did anyone tried Holy in mythique dungeon ? Are Serenity and Flash Heal enough to keep the tank alive ?

tank at full hp and you know he will take a lot of dmg, just spam heal(it actually heals for a lot)
    tank not at full hp and you know he will take a lot of dmg, spam flash heal with serenity

.. just like live only without naru

Oh ok, so I guess Holy get another xpack of being the most boring, least utility and least though after healing spec in M+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Oh ok, so I guess Holy get another xpack of being the most boring, least utility and least though after healing spec in M+
    Most likely yes, disc is looking good for m+ though. See no reason to complain right now, healing priests are in a good spot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spykel View Post
    Most likely yes, disc is looking good for m+ though. See no reason to complain right now, healing priests are in a good spot.
    If that's the case, then I very much see the reason to complain. I don't want yet another expansion where Disc is "to go" option, with Holy being "decent hps" and nothing more. Even in Legion, where Holy was "fine", Disc burst was completely umatched (with only Holy Paladins coming close), while Hymn was the only channeled immobile raid cd. Good thing shields weren't really "needed" (about the only boss where their functionality cannot be matched is Varimathras and he's not that hard). We'll see, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    If that's the case, then I very much see the reason to complain. I don't want yet another expansion where Disc is "to go" option, with Holy being "decent hps" and nothing more. Even in Legion, where Holy was "fine", Disc burst was completely umatched (with only Holy Paladins coming close), while Hymn was the only channeled immobile raid cd. Good thing shields weren't really "needed" (about the only boss where their functionality cannot be matched is Varimathras and he's not that hard). We'll see, I guess.
    Well the burst healing of disc is a lot lower now without Light's Wrath.
    Holy got Divinine Hymn, Symbol of Hope, which gives 12% mana back to all healers in the raid, and Holy Word Salvation if talented as utility.

I have no doubt about Holy possibilities in raid environment.
    It's dugeon I'm afraid of. Guardian Spirit was buffed a bit (4->3 min CD, 40-60% heal increased before proc) and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Absolutely. But hey, they also don't fix Shadow Priest too, so you can't even play with another spec anymore. Ok, there is always disc; but i'm sure they break them too until BfA gets released! Ion, only you can do it to break all 3 priest specs, i believe in you!!!

Holy hasn't been better than Disc in PvE since like... early Wrath? Not sure why you'd expect that to change. Though it's pretty bogus from a design standpoint.

If you like Holy enough you can make it work in M+. Just don't expect to go as high as Disc in BFA in the current state of things.

Deleted
    I think you pick Guardian Angel for 5 mans now because it's not competing with LotN anymore and it also got buffed (90s -> 60s), so that's going to offer some more single target healing. Also Surge of Light of light got buffed (1 stack -> 2 stacks). I don't see cause for concern tbh

surge didn't change? but yeah 60s cd guardian spirit is a good point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    surge didn't change?
    Oh, my bad. Somehow I thought it was 1 stack on live, haven't played with that talent for so long

Btw, Azerite gear traits can also boost our single target hps so we should probably focus on getting those if there's a lot of trouble (such as this for example http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=272780/permeating-glow)
    Last edited by mmoc9f6c07b018; 2018-07-03 at 05:31 PM.