Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Seriously, how do you NOT change a main?

I keep re-rolling classes every patch or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    Every time I change Main, they introduce a new "Reach Exalted with X Reputations" achievement and I go back because FUCK doing that again.

Make those damn achievements give account wide credit blizzard for the love of god...
    Seriously, I have 40+ on my shaman and don't want to main that again and I'm not going to.

Its bad enough that the Legion rep tokens were 15k cheaper on Proudmoore and I couldn't get those 4 reps finished on it recently.

Uh, if you wotlk warrior and legion warrior are totally fucking different classes, that's how you change mains
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Came to the conclusion that there is no point to change main if you care about collections. Too many things tied to the character, achievements, tracking, stats, retired stuff. Spreading the progression to other characters would be a total mess if you care about completion.

So have to stick with main char to have the best progression, alts for having fun/relaxing/changing playstyle while not working on main's completion, which is what gives the highest satisfaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how people can change mains every expansion or even every major patch. For me, what to main is a deep, personal choice based on several preferences and I never changed main since I started. Alt priority shifted a few times, yes, but my draenei MM hunter always was and always will be the only main.

Seriously, stop overthinking wow. God, just do whatever. Play your warrior, it will anyway be very fun in BfA.

I do it on expac releases typically.

1. Level up new main before the pre-patch and gear it a little for new expac questing.
    2. Just before expac is out, put all gold onto new main.
    3. Play new main instead of old main.

I always get attached to my characters but can easily shift that attachment over to a new one. F.Ex my previous mains I have no attachment to anymore but at the time I'd play nothing but them. I do Mythic raiding only and I love having a bit of variation from time to time so I'll usually reroll each expac when everything resets.

Got my new main rearing to go already, just waiting for the launch

Don't worry about it. Play whichever toon you like, and if that is the same one for 10 years, that's fine.

And it's not like you can't play an alt. Sure it might be on a lower level than your main, but it's not like you can't play more than one toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really easy. Find another class you like playing and play it more often than other characters. For example, I used to main a Paladin back in MoP but then switched to Warlock until the end of the expansion as it was more fun whilst prepping a Hunter to main in WoD which I have kept maining until now.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

If you know the answer. Please let me know..Still rocking my WotLK Hunter...Cant change either
    “Destiny is a gift … Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor,
    that to strive and triumph in the face of fear, is what it means to be a hero.
    Don’t think … Become!”

"Anton Yelchin, Trollhunters Season 3, last spoken lines"

You cant switch main if you played him for too long,just imagine all the events,reputations,achievements,pvp and other stuff you have done with main.You just cant.You can leave him for couple of months but eventually everyone comes back.Other ppl that say they successfully changed main are liars cuz they never had main all they do is jump from one toon to another.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm an alt-o-holic but something always draws me back to my priest no matter how much the class gets changed for the worse. Its not that I don't enjoy other classes because I actually do. Its just something about my priest makes me remember all the good times & all the unobtainable things I've accumulated over the years (full tier 0.5, staff, fully completed tiers except for tier 3 which only has 3 pieces, etc etc etc).

It's easy: whatever is my main is the first character shown on my character list before logging in.
    Whenever I have a new main, I just switch that up to the top.

I've mained the same shaman since early tbc. Played alliance at the time because my real life friends were already playing alliance so had to wait until Draenei arrived to create my shaman.

Since they all stopped playing during WotLK I transferred to a PvE server (used to play on a pvp server and hated it) and faction changed to a Goblin when Cata launched. Since then I've changed it to Pandaren during a character services sale in MoP and again to Orc when WoD launched with updated models. I suspect I'll change it to a Vulpera when they become available.

I mostly stick to my shaman because I'm very familiar with the (for the most part) simple gameplay of elemental, because I enjoy the aesthetics and class fantasy, and most importantly because of all the unique items I've collected over time as well as all the reputation I've acquired. Never gonna grind old reputations on new characters, so unless they make reputation account wide I'll forever main my shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I just play whatever I fint the most fun to play during that expansion. Normally I have 1-2 mains I play the same during an expansion.

If something is boring to play I dont have any problems abandoning that characters. Gold I can just transfer to any character, many currencies are account wide now, achievments are account wide etc. Weird they dont have rep account wide yet but it will probably be soon.

heck, I wont play anything I find boring just because of "memories".
    Last edited by Loeve; 2018-07-04 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Seriously, stop overthinking wow. God, just do whatever. Play your warrior, it will anyway be very fun in BfA.
    You have no right, no right I say, to come in here with comments like that.

Have you no heart?

No soul?

Begone!

Only did it once and ever since have the most fun on my warrior, curiously my former main is the least played of all my chars (and I have all classes at max and even 4 level 110 warriors). I mained a mage from late vanilla until 3.2. Somewhere during BC I leveled a warrior for pugging Kara, Gruul and Magtheridon since I wanted the Champion of Naaru title on him as well. First week of ToC made me quit HC raiding and wow altogether and I thought I was done with the game at that point.

Come Cata a rl friend of mine got me to start playing casually with him and his guild again and I picked up my warrior since I remembered having more fun doing 5 mans as tank than dps. And here I am now, a few expansions later still maining my warrior even after leveling all the classes to 100 in WoD and now to 110 in Legion. I also finally hit the same /played on my warrior as I have on my mage. Only took me good 10 years of playing, compared to 3 on mage (puts into perspective how much more of a time sink this game was for me back then).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    No, really.

HOW?!

It’s not like I haven’t tried.

With Legion, I finally got the chance to play the class I wanted to play since I started World of Warcraft. I really like being a demon hunter, and enjoyed it for a few months before...

Before crawling back to my 2.4-rolled first character, my warrior.

While my relationship with my fel-ridden, glaive-wielding, Infernal-striking dominatrix was new, fun, exciting and attractive, I couldn’t help folding and returning to what I knew. My warrior has been moody, it’s changed with time and has occasionally been abusive, but it just feels so familiar to me. It feels safe.

And while I now know I have the strength of shit-smeared wet toilet paper, perhaps my warrior is what I deserve. Perhaps this comfortable safety net is right for me. Perhaps ‘new’ and ‘exciting’ is for younger, hipper guys.

Slow and steady wins the race, after all.
    Did the same thing. Switched my warlock of 9-10 years to DH after a few months of Legion. After playing him for 1 year I realized that I simply had more fun on my lock and never should've switched, even though I've always wanted to play a DH ever since WC3.

I stopped playing my main because mage was only fun when PvP wasn't so streamlined and have swapped around ever since.

But I understand your plight, I keep my mage max levelled and it always have a special place in my heart. In some ways it's still my main despite being my least liked class...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    No, really.

HOW?!

It’s not like I haven’t tried.

With Legion, I finally got the chance to play the class I wanted to play since I started World of Warcraft. I really like being a demon hunter, and enjoyed it for a few months before...

Before crawling back to my 2.4-rolled first character, my warrior.

While my relationship with my fel-ridden, glaive-wielding, Infernal-striking dominatrix was new, fun, exciting and attractive, I couldn’t help folding and returning to what I knew. My warrior has been moody, it’s changed with time and has occasionally been abusive, but it just feels so familiar to me. It feels safe.

And while I now know I have the strength of shit-smeared wet toilet paper, perhaps my warrior is what I deserve. Perhaps this comfortable safety net is right for me. Perhaps ‘new’ and ‘exciting’ is for younger, hipper guys.

Slow and steady wins the race, after all.
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you. My main, for around a dozen years, has been warrior - in Legion I finally made the switch to maining a hunter since I could make one as a gnome. But eventually I wanted that familiarity, and also I started to feel bad at how badly my hunter had eclipsed my warrior in dps, gear etc. So I started to play her more, prioritize her again, until she surpassed my hunter.

Over the course of Legion I've learned how to play nearly every spec at a fairly high level, thanks to class mounts and wanting as many mage tower skins as possible. So I thought... I'm going to do it, I'm finally going to commit to a fresh, new choice for my main in BFA.

And then I played Fury on beta today and fell in love with it. >.<

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.