Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post

I said they literally said they were pushing a sjw agenda and then i showed a Twitter post where the director admits to having a SJW agenda.
    Star Wars has always had a "SJW" explicitly left-wing agenda. The original story is based on George Lucas's opposition to Richard Nixon and is a parable warning of the dangers of a right-wing coup d'etat in a democratic system. Lucas has never made any secret of it. It has a very explicit feminist role-model in Leia.

The difference between then and now is that there is an extraordinary amount of pathetic dickless nerds on the internet whining about the existence of women in the new films. It would be helpful if you would stop ruining it for everyone else and attempted to get laid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Actually I felt like the TMNT movies were a hell of a lot better than his usual dreck. Still the same production house etc of course.

I swear he just turned up on set, made them film Megan Fox taking her clothes off, then left for the day.

- - - Updated - - -

She has a major in film, so she's a writer.

Rolleyes.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're arguing that I should take your use of the word "literally" non-literally?

LOL.

Have you seriously not figured out yet that's precisely what I was trying to entrap you with?
    I know what you are trying to do you are just not succeeding. Literally doesn't have to mean word for word and in informal writing it is used for emphasis.

I'm super bored with this now however so this till be the last time i address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Rian Johnson has said publicly that the whole Leia/Mary Poppins space walk was Kathleen Kennedy's idea. She was heavily involved with script and plot, keeping the bits she liked and jettisoned or changed what she didn't like. As I've said before, the fiasco is at the feet of Johnson, Abrams and Kennedy and her armada or ultra feminist Star Wars fan hating screen writers.
    You know, for someone who supposedly hates this film you sure like to pore over obscure trivia about it.

In a recent podcast interview with Empire Magazine, Last Jedi director Johnson once again recalled how Leia's use of the Force in The Last Jedi came as a result of Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy wanting to dig into Luke's assertion to Leia in Return of the Jedi that she has within her the same potential he does:

The idea behind that moment was that in a moment of that - first of all her use of Force in that moment is not incredibly powerful she's in space which offers no resistance. So actually take much to pull her back in she is in zero gravity, but also [her use of the Force] is instinctual.

That was the bigger thing for me is that it's the equivalent of like when you hear stories about parents who have a toddler trapped under a car and they lift the car up they get Hulk strength. It's that idea "this is not going to end today. I'm not finished yet" and that she it's almost like just a drowning person is clawing their way to the surface the way she pulls her way back.
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/01/r...-accepting-it/

It's entirely ambiguous from his statements what her involvement was. All he says here is that she was talking about the fact Leia implicitly has Force powers but we've never seen them, not that she directed him to have her Mary Poppins her way across space. The fact Leia has Force powers isn't the fucking problem with that scene. In fact it's never made sense to me that it wasn't explored more, and I read the EU for years.

Actually when you listen to that podcast he's implying that he actually had a lot of creative latitude. He talks about deciding to kill Luke, deciding who Rey's parents were (which personally, I was sure was pre-determined) not to mention deciding NOT to kill Leia, which makes me want to fucking strangle him.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what you are trying to do you are just not succeeding. Literally doesn't have to mean word for word and in informal writing it is used for emphasis.
    Here's a crazy idea: don't use the word "literally" if you actually mean "non-literally".

I'll take this as a concession of defeat. Thank you, please come again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You know, for someone who supposedly hates this film you sure like to pore over obscure trivia about it.
    I must confess I'm fascinated by the depths the cultural Marxists, the progressive left, feminists and sjw's will go just to ruin a franchise that was traditionally enjoyed by male nerds. It's the same with comics and games. It's like a perverse crusade where they must infiltrate hobbies that predominately men enjoy and just trash it.

I must confess I'm fascinated by the depths the cultural Marxists, the progressive left, feminists and sjw's
    Just want to remind you that you sound like you live in the woods with tinfoil on your head when you repeat that stuff lol.

will go just to ruin a franchise that was traditionally enjoyed by male nerds.
    You appear to have mistaken Star Wars for Star Trek. Star Wars always had a broad appeal.

Deleted

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/01/r...-accepting-it/

It's entirely ambiguous from his statements what her involvement was. All he says here is that she was talking about the fact Leia implicitly has Force powers but we've never seen them, not that she directed him to have her Mary Poppins her way across space. The fact Leia has Force powers isn't the fucking problem with that scene. In fact it's never made sense to me that it wasn't explored more, and I read the EU for years.

Actually when you listen to that podcast he's implying that he actually had a lot of creative latitude. He talks about deciding to kill Luke, deciding who Rey's parents were (which personally, I was sure was pre-determined) not to mention deciding NOT to kill Leia, which makes me want to fucking strangle him.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a crazy idea: don't use the word "literally" if you actually mean "non-literally".

I'll take this as a concession of defeat. Thank you, please come again.
    YOU don't get to decide how words are used, there are established guidelines in place already. Besides i think i'd rather take my ques from authors such as F Scott Fitzgerald, Mark Twain and James Joyce over some random internet guy. Don't think i've forgot that i OWNED you with proof and that i know you are deflecting by arguing semantics.

I won the argument, you lost it, In fact you lost the semantics argument too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thantworp View Post
    The difference between then and now is that there is an extraordinary amount of pathetic dickless nerds on the internet whining about the existence of women in the new films. It would be helpful if you would stop ruining it for everyone else and attempted to get laid.
    Ahh the old left classic "He doesn't agree with my ideology so lets call him a virgin"

You're pathetic in that you think getting laid is some kind of achievement. I stopped measuring my self worth after how much i got laid after i turned 17. You obviously still derive your self worth from your ability to get sex. Grow up.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must confess I'm fascinated by the depths the cultural Marxists, the progressive left, feminists and sjw's will go just to ruin a franchise that was traditionally enjoyed by male nerds. It's the same with comics and games. It's like a perverse crusade where they must infiltrate hobbies that predominately men enjoy and just trash it.
    Pretty much a case of "if they can't enjoy it then nobody can" or "if I can't have it then no one can" mentality..

Do you understand the irony of your comment?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...eld-V-Backlash

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...is-too-diverse

Yeah... those damn SJWs...

Do you even own a mirror?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I too the initiative to re-watch TLJ a few times over the last 5 days, and honestly besides Haldo being a little annoying (for people who are about to die she is really soft spoken and out of place), and Canto Bite still being fairly cringe (Finn and Rose is a painfully forced romance) the movie is actually pretty good. It sets up a lot of new movies pretty well.

The main problem is TLJ and TFA both feel like reboots for the franchise, or that TLJ is just an "addon" to TFA. Nothing overly ground breaking happens, but just feels like it finishes up TFA and we should have two more movies in the "saga". That being said though, it is entertaining and re-watching gives you A LOT of easter eggs. My favorite being the "Rey Kenobi" fan theory that feels really plausible in TLJ.

You appear to have mistaken Star Wars for Star Trek. Star Wars always had a broad appeal.
    Anecdotally speaking that is not what I have seen. I know a lot more female trekkies than female Star Wars fans. Hell my mom is a huge trekkie and used to drag me to conventions all the time when I was younger. She likes Star Wars as well(not as much as of late), but has always preferred Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    I too the initiative to re-watch TLJ a few times over the last 5 days, and honestly besides Haldo being a little annoying (for people who are about to die she is really soft spoken and out of place), and Canto Bite still being fairly cringe (Finn and Rose is a painfully forced romance) the movie is actually pretty good. It sets up a lot of new movies pretty well.

The writing is horrible, lets send in some bombers (a la slooooow moving WWII style) to drop bombs on a ship that causes it to blow up and in the process of blowing up, destroys the bombers. like WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    The main problem is TLJ and TFA both feel like reboots for the franchise, or that TLJ is just an "addon" to TFA. Nothing overly ground breaking happens, but just feels like it finishes up TFA and we should have two more movies in the "saga". That being said though, it is entertaining and re-watching gives you A LOT of easter eggs. My favorite being the "Rey Kenobi" fan theory that feels really plausible in TLJ.
    This is why the new movies are crap, when you boil it down

Episode IV Young Jedi joins the resistance and helps blow up a Death Star (fan favorite character dies)
    Episode V Young Jedi goes into training helps friends escape a sticky situation
    Episode VI Seasoned Jedi helps blow up a bigger Death Star
    Episode VII Young Jedi joins the resistance and helps blow up an even bigger Death Star (fan favorite character dies)
    Episode VIII Young Jedi goes into training helps friends escape a sticky situation
    Episode IX Going out on a limb to say Seasoned Jedi helps blow up a yet even bigger Death Star

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Netflix decided to turn off the reviews/raitings for the movies.
    The ratings on the movies are not very relevant as people tend to abuse them. Most of the reviewers answer the question "did I like that movie" instead of "how well made is this movie".

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Anecdotally speaking that is not what I have seen. I know a lot more female trekkies than female Star Wars fans. Hell my mom is a huge trekkie and used to drag me to conventions all the time when I was younger. She likes Star Wars as well(not as much as of late), but has always preferred Star Trek.
    Yeah but those female Trek fans probably wrote pioneering works of slash fiction :P

- - - Updated - - -

YOU don't get to decide how words are used
    No, I think you'll find that the word "literally" has a literal meaning.

Keep going, this keeps getting funnier.

Contranym

Literally

See definition 2.

https://twitter.com/jonkasdan/status...050880?lang=en

From the director of Solos own mouth.
    "Sorry to have brought identity/gender politics into... NOPE. Not sorry AT ALL 'cause I think the GALAXY George gave birth to in '77 is big enough for EVERYONE: straight, gay, black, white, brown, Twi'lek, Sullustan, Wookiee, DROID & anything inbetween."

I don't have time to dig up the myriad of Quotes from Kathlene "The force is female" Kennedy right now.

So now YOU GTFO
    Damn Twi'lek SJWs! It's not like most of that list exists on our single planet or anything, so it's totally insane to think that they all could exist in a galaxy! /s

Seriously, if the existence of "the other" is such a problem for you, representation in films is the least of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    First of all sorry for the delayed response .. really only frequent message boards on weekends

Just like I have no interest in seeing Broke Back Mountain doesn't may me homophobic. Not wanting to see the future Star Wars movies w/a female lead who is quite possibly the biggest Mary Sue put to film, it is all a extention of some feminist fantasy. Doesn't make me misogynist

I am a 43 straight male, I obviously am not there target audience ..
    You can't equate BBM to a female lead. BBM's core premise is homosexuality. Rey being female is the core premise of.... being the main character...? I mean, sure you can argue she's poorly written or whatever, but interpreting her existence as feminism "rammed down your throat" takes some projection.

I'm also, coincidentally, a 43 straight male and I cannot imagine how people watched TLJ and thought it was pushing some feminist agenda any deeper than saying "hey, women exist in this world".

"That scene originated because Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy was one of the fans who kept speculating about Leia’s Force sensitivity, director Rian Johnson said at the Q&A Friday.

“She kept [saying], ‘Leia’s a Skywalker, Luke gave her this speech in Jedi and told her basically, ‘You have this potential, too.’ It seemed to me it would be a really emotionally impactful thing to see her use it,” the filmmaker said."

Source: Entertainment Weekly before you leftist nut-jobs ask for it. Not like any of you will adress this proof anyway.
    Your tribalist insults aside, are you suggesting here that Leia using the force was part of the "SJW agenda"? Damn that's a long play considering the seeds were planted in RotJ, as you clearly know based on this post. Sure the scene looked patently absurd, but that doesn't make it "feminist agenda".

You forgot to drop soyboy in there, but I may have still scored bullshit tribalist insult bingo <checks bingo card>

Some things are subtle, but they are there. For example how men are portrayed as rash, traitorous, dumb and/or incompetent.
    I like the scene when Poe walks onto the bridge to talk to Holdo, and while he talks to her and gestures around a lot Hold and 3 female officers walk around him and more or less ignore his 'ranting'.
    I recently watched Incredibles 2, fun movie. But something bugged me so i rewatched it at home.
    Why is it that seemingly all white guys do is constantly fucking things up?
    Mr. Incredibles attemps to stop the Underminer all fail, he gets sucked in by the giant vacuum, breaks the controls of the digging machine, all his attemps to slow it down fail ... and only by helping Mrs. Incredibles idea to pull the plug do they succed. Flash constantly bungles things, like the remote for the living room tiles, flooding just about everything, ..., hell, the car owner cowers behind his girlfriend when the Incredimobile drives off, the big bad getting caught is done only by 2 female heroes and no longer a family effort, and Frozone is responsible for stopping the Cruise (missile) ship.

If this trend of insulting/belitting white men continues i will cut back on my Disney consumption and look for other companies.

Edited for typos and spoiler
    Last edited by segara82; 2018-07-04 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Yeah but those female Trek fans probably wrote pioneering works of slash fiction :P

- - - Updated - - -

As painful as it is to admit, literally 's definition has been changed. The inclusion of emphasis as well as it meaning "actually".

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weeza gonna do a remake, massa Jedi?

All of those movies outside of the very first two sucked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Contranym

Literally

See definition 2.
    Definition 2 is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    As painful as it is to admit, literally 's definition has been changed. The inclusion of emphasis as well as it meaning "actually".
    But not literally

Definition 2 is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

But not literally
    Literally, literally means both literally and actually while applying literal emphasis to a sentence.

I apologize for giving you a stroke.