I finally broke down and bought a steamlink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I just wish they shipped steam links to my address..they don't do alaska
    If you have family or friends out of state maybe ask them to buy it for you, it may be worth the hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one when they were on offer cheap with some random game. I tend to use it more for watching movies though. Saves me having to convert them to a file type my TV likes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I finally broke down and bought a steamlink.

If you have family or friends out of state maybe ask them to buy it for you, it may be worth the hassle.
    Nah I honestly converted an old laptop into a steam machine and Gamestop sells them up here..or used too. Buut the size would have been nice to have being so small and all..also nah no friends/family none I know/trust enough that is.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...asing_Shadows/
    Currently only 2.49 (already got 200 hours in there myself) - get it.

even cheaper here, 1$ - https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/dollar-dash

Ive actually not bought anything during the steam summer sale - are we spoiled by bundles?

also, crazy cheap 28 games for a dollar. https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-mega-bundle

and more https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...command-bundle

Last edited by bbr; 2018-06-30 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prime Day is giving away Pillars of Eternity if you have Twitch Prime. (definitive edition) I know a bunch of people like that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Prime Day is giving away Pillars of Eternity if you have Twitch Prime. (definitive edition) I know a bunch of people like that game.
    It is interesting that is says "free games every day" but Prime Day is only one day. Are they going to have a new free game every day leading up to prime day or something? That would be cool.

Wow, didn't expect that - grabbed immediately. It's not like i'm playing many games from twitch but this one is definitely a go-to. It's free, i have already amazon prime anyway.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Twitch when I click the crown/prime icon it said 2nd -4th July. After going to Amazon, Prime day doesn't actually start until the 16th. /shrug

edit: Found the list/dates: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ers-this-month
    Last edited by Rixis; 2018-07-03 at 12:38 PM.

Yep, id love to get my hands on pillars definitive edition - but that's about the only thing on there,.

https://www.epicbundle.com/article/2...game-every-day

Does anyone know if these are even steam games though?
    Also wtf,. doesnt start until 16 is pretty lame, if that's true...

And if you want to start prime - you do have to sign up with your credit card,....
    now, they probably wont bill it - but this smells like an autorenewal scam to me,.
    Last edited by bbr; 2018-07-03 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Does anyone know if these are steam games though?
    From the comments:

shit, I don't know why but I thought this is going to give steam keys.

No! It require to install it's own client and then you can get games for that client.
    So I'd say that they aren't Steam keys.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    From the comments:
    So I'd say that they aren't Steam keys.
    Well that settles that then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that settles that then.
    For extra confirmation, I have twitch prime. They aren't steam keys. Think of it like Uplay or Origin... it's yet another isolated client that has its own library for you to work with/manage.

For someone like me... free is free. I already have prime, so I grabbed it.

I barely scratched Pillars of Eternity, getting to maybe chapter 2 before I dropped it. I may give it another try with the definitive edition. I see they'll also give away Tyranny later in the month and I played a little of that on a free weekend on steam and the story and world were much more engaging. Looking forward to adding it to my library. I just wish it wasn't necessary to have so many libraries.

10+ Year Old Account
    They use the Twitch client. Formerly the Curse Client, which even though I quit WoW a year ago, I've slowly been adding games too. Prime gives like 5-6 games a month for free already, plus this 21 games.

I have 32 games on there, including both Banner Saga games, Psychonauts, Pillars of Eternity, Tales from the Borderlands, Steamworld Dig 2 and Heist and Gone Home.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2018-07-03 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Twitch when I click the crown/prime icon it said 2nd -4th July. After going to Amazon, Prime day doesn't actually start until the 16th. /shrug

edit: Found the list/dates: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ers-this-month
    Well, sadly the other games on that list that I have heard of and would actually want are two I already own, Deponia Doomsday and Broken Age. Oh well, Pillars of Eternity and Metal Slug 3 are both nice.

It is a bit of a bummer it isn't just steam keys, but the twitch client is easier than Origin or Uplay since you only need the client to install the game. After that, it runs like any other game installed on your HD. You just run it off the the start menu or from an icon on the desktop. Like was already said by others, it is pretty damn nice since I already would pay for prime anyways for the streaming and free shipping. I already got a ton of nice free games like DMC HD collection, Shadow Tactics, Steam World Dig 2, Superhot, Tales from the Borderlands, and both Banner Saga games. Even some others I would have never purchased on my own like Clustertruck, Mr. Shifty, and Gone Home. Well worth it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a great added bonus. I sub to someone on Twitch which would cost me about 60-65 quid a year, so Prime almost "pays for itself" right there (my prime cost 80 quid). Then I buy a bunch of Amazon and free next day delivery is great. All these bonus games just makes it more and more worth it.

Finally, the Humble Bundle we've all been waiting for...

Edit: not sure if necessary, so I'll slap it on just in case: may be NSFW.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2018-07-04 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Finally, the Humble Bundle we've all been waiting for...
    Edit: not sure if necessary, so I'll slap it on just in case: may be NSFW.
    Mind blown.
    I don't even,. what... no...
    Why?

These titles even,.
    What are they thinking?
    Are they TRYING to just chase away any fans they might have had at HB?

And 396 BUNDLES SOLD already,. why?

These titles even,.
    What are they thinking?
    Are they TRYING to just chase away any fans they might have had at HB?
    Why would those "chase away fans"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo no gaming bundle..at all this week..this insane bundoe two to three weeks with multiple book bundles.mcan we say yet whether ign has had an impact or not?