Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I got a warning once, never been silenced. Told a team in a bg that they were 'F'ing retards' after a bad losing streak back in like..MoP. The warning was hilarious though, was in the mail: "You have been reported for talking about the mentally handicapped fornicating." Yup, sure. Exactly what I was talking about, Mr/Miss GM >.>;
    well i mean it depends....did you have a lot of hunters on your team at that point?

were they all elves?
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    well i mean it depends....did you have a lot of hunters on your team at that point?

were they all elves?
    I honestly don't remember. Might of been an AB and we got five capped or something dumb, I only remember being tilted as hell, but it was worth the laugh in the morning when I saw the warning.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been silenced because I'm not an edgelord who tries to be controversial/racist/edgy in trade or general.

The end!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    He got 40 people to do it. That's not a typical example. If you don't say dumb shit, you won't get silenced.
    Exactly. It astounds me how difficult it is for some people to grasp this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by felplague View Post
    you were talking about a sex story of the monk and her master in trade chat, you got silenced for erping in trade chat.
    End of story.
    fucking exposed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you were talking about a sex story of the monk and her master in trade chat, you got silenced for erping in trade chat.
    end of story.
    it was no worse than the Steamy Romance novels blizz has had in game since Vanilla.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pic-Ban-reason!
    mhm totally had nothing to do with this...

- - - Updated - - -

the automated one is only 3 hours.
    4 days means you have been silenced many times before or a gm checked it and found it worthy of 4 days silence.
    Not defending him but in post 36 he said he was silenced for the same thing he said here. The ban was for another reason. So he is consistent.
    "Peace is a lie"

5+ Year Old Account
    Still yet to see an actual case of someone being unfairly silenced. Half the time its people outright lying about what got em silenced, the other half are clueless people who claim that they didn't think what they said could possibly offend anyone. Not once have I read one of these and thought 'ooh that is unfair'. Every single one of these threads should be changed to some variant of 'I didn't realise what the rules were regarding trade chat, and am mad about that'.
    Whether you agree or not, if you fork over the dough to access Blizzards servers to play Blizzards game, you are bound by their rules n regulations. Its not rocket surgery and I don't understand why people think their real world opinions on what constitutes free or protected speech means fuck all in Azeroth, on Blizzard servers, managed by Blizzard. It'd be like going to a club and having the shits you had to wear a shirt n shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    You can be silenced for literally no reason, proven by asmongold, it's automated.
    Telling an entire raid full of twitch groupies to report you is not no reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So I just got slapped with the Silence Stick in-game.

I was writing out a story in Trade Chat that was probably PG-13 and got silenced. Thank you automated silence system!

Let's hear some of your stories! Not the PG-13 ones, the "I got silenced!" ones.
    Good, the system is working as intended then

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Telling an entire raid full of twitch groupies to report you is not no reason.
    See this here is relevant as well. People on the forums seem to be so hung up on the idea that Blizzard are (gasp) monitoring trade chat or (double gasp) enforcing a code of conduct in that channel (faints). That they seem to barrelling right past the fact that it is in fact the community who are abusing what is really a pretty bog standard system. If we spent less time moaning about the concept as a whole and more time actually brainstorming ways to prevent it from being abused maybe it'd be better off? But it seems like pointless whining is the done thing on MMO-Champion. Watch the circle jerkers come out of the woodwork whenever a baseless complaint pops up but watch the same people avoid giving any concrete alternatives, ever.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I got a warning once, never been silenced. Told a team in a bg that they were 'F'ing retards' after a bad losing streak back in like..MoP. The warning was hilarious though, was in the mail: "You have been reported for talking about the mentally handicapped fornicating." Yup, sure. Exactly what I was talking about, Mr/Miss GM >.>;
    Hands down the best one

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to test the system, so I made a toon called FiddyKiddler, went to my capital city and posted in trade chat. less than 10 seconds later I was logged out with a forced name change.

Not silenced, i did this before silence was implemented.

Basically, you know those shitty cess pool guilds that auto invite you and spam you with giant paragraphs about how "WE'RE THE BEST GUILD EVER, WE'RE GONNA SET UP A RAID TEAM AND ALSO HAVE ARENA TEAMS AND RBG TEAMS!!! COME AND JOIN BUDDY!!!" ? Yeah, well i got sick of them. So while leveling with my wife, we both got invited to one. Giant spam message in all caps. So we hit join and proceeded to have a really inane conversation in all caps in /guild for about 20 minutes.

Me: WOW THIS IS A REALLY GREAT GUILD HAHAHAHAHAHHA I LOVE THIS GUILD
    Her: HOLY SHIT THIS GUILD IS THE BEST LETS DO SOME DUNGEONS HAHAHA
    Me: I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT INVITED TO THIS FANTASTIC GUILD THAT DOES RBGS, ARENA, RAIDING AND CHALLENGE MODES WOW HOLY MOLY

This again, went on for like 20 minutes. We were basically giving a running commentary of what we were doing. Like,

Me: HOLY SHIT I GOTTA FIND MANKRIKS WIFE
    Me: I WONDER WHERE SHE IS MAYBE SOMEONE IN GUILD KNOWS
    Her: HEY ANYONE KNOW WHERE MANKRIKS WIFE IS?
    Her: GUYS WE NEED HELP FINDING HIS WIFE

We found it hilarious, but we both woke up the next day with warnings on our accounts. Also during this, the guild members were all raging like crazy telling the leader to kick us, but of course the leader is afk running a bot while at work to auto spam invites. So all his little minion friends just got angry as fuck.

Good times.

I have never been silenced because I don't troll trade chat.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I wanted to test the system, so I made a toon called FiddyKiddler, went to my capital city and posted in trade chat. less than 10 seconds later I was logged out with a forced name change.
    Made a character called the Abortionator that got the same result.
    Its not a broken system really its a decent one that has the capacity to be abused. Although the only times I have seen it really matter is with pricks like us who were deliberately pushing it, or people who are so genuinely clueless about social interaction in a moderated public channel that they are bothered by it. Don't use trade unless you want to actually use it for trade and you are good. All of the arguments about damaging the community or big brother or just freedom of speech are irrelevant. It is a channel you know is moderated, has been for the entirety of the games existence. Its only now that the people reading your tripe are the ones requesting a punishment that it seems to be a problem.
    Honestly, the only argument against this system really, is that people don't think their chat should be held to any sort of standard, but we aren't talking about a government here, its a game that you abso-fuckin-loutely have the option of not playing so all this big brother though police nonsense is legit just scaremongering or pointless transference of a broader political point into a setting which makes no sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    it was no worse than the Steamy Romance novels blizz has had in game since Vanilla.
    People dont recite steamy romance novels in trade.
    also you sai pg 13
    steamy romance novels are made for younger then that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Not defending him but in post 36 he said he was silenced for the same thing he said here. The ban was for another reason. So he is consistent.
    Yes but wouldnt you think "Someone who is banned for naming their charecter N word is totally telling the truth of why they got silenced"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier View Post
    You can be silenced for literally no reason, proven by asmongold, it's automated.
    Incorrect. You can't be silenced for no reason, but you can be silenced by asking a bunch of dipshits to report you all at once.

I /yelled Penis in Stormwind once and got banned for 3 days

Like, a single time.

/y Penis.

*banned*

I've only been silenced once, I decided I'd try to spice up my <Reins of Poseidus> marketing in 2 and apparently people didn't like it. I don't recall word for word but it went something like this...

"Mmm hey daddy. <Reins of Poseidus> on the AH. Cheapest up. Now's your chance to make that little slut of a seahorse yours. Pull on those reins daddy, make that leather crunch."
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I got silenced on the PTR for spamming once. Does that count? I don't even remember why I was doing it. I might have even been testing to see if the silence 'feature' worked, heh. It didn't impact me on live servers and I didn't try it twice.

I also got my one and only warning from Blizzard once (long before silencing was a thing, during TBC), because I was fed up with blind invites from random shit guilds at level 1. I spammed* the hell out of a random guild that invited me in hopes he would kick me and realize inviting random people to a guild in hopes of artificially padding numbers wasn't going to work well. To my surprise, he found it amusing and didn't kick me. He didn't even have a silence rank in the guild to prevent me from doing it. I still got a warning from Blizzard... one I didn't even realize I had until years later when I was cleaning out my emails. Not sure if this counts, but hey.

*: I spammed a meme if I recall, I think ORLY owl ASCII art, not anything toxic; I wasn't trying to be spiteful, I was trying to be irritating, because I found random guild invites irritating and wanted to prove a point.

I don't mind telling stories about the handful of things I regret in this game, but it isn't a coincidence that all of these things are from when I was much younger (teens mainly, crazy how much time has passed ).