15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    <----Such a perv that he owns 300+ legitimate hentai manga titles across DLsite, Renta, and Booklive. I can't even read the damn things (I just did it to support my favorite hentai manga artists), lol

Also, Crash on Switch looks great but still going with the PC version later for fidelity.
    I have a lot of love live and konosuba stuff i bought at ax last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna bitch about it anymore. Isnt doing any good.

Do you guys think next gen games will offer 1080p 60fps modes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I have a lot of love live and konosuba stuff i bought at ax last year.
    Here ya go, I was on my 2nd viewing of this masterpiece while playing Hearthstone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we1ounypzc0&t=10647s

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

That's a hard question to answer considering various studios prioritize varying settings on their games and the whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryzen 1 cpu. maybe 2-2.5ghz to prevent heat issues?
    16gb HBM2 ram.
    2TB Hybrid Drive. SSD part is for the OS.
    Nagi gpu. 10-12 teraflops.

My guess for what next-gen machines look like.

499 retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go, I was on my 2nd viewing of this masterpiece while playing Hearthstone:

That's a hard question to answer considering various studios prioritize varying settings on their games and the whatnot.
    Not so much a will every dev have it, but do you think it will be a fairly common option?

When it comes to "PS5/XB2" yes, The Pro/X has started something with consoles (performance/graphic choices) and it will keep going that route.

Also fun fact Enter The Gungeon on The Switch has a Performance/Graphic option.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Sony will not launch a machine at more then $399 you can take that to the bank.

Ryzen 1 cpu. maybe 2-2.5ghz to prevent heat issues?
    16gb HBM2 ram.
    2TB Hybrid Drive. SSD part is for the OS.
    Nagi gpu. 10-12 teraflops.

My guess for what next-gen machines look like.

499 retail.
    No chance in hell its $499 at lease on the Playstation side. Sony has learned $400 is the sweet spot and they will cut whatever they need to to get there. 16GB of Ram is also unlikely, My guess its ether 8GB again or 12GB.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sony will not launch a machine at more then $399 you can take that to the bank.
    They should. It isn't 2005 anymore. Consumers should understand. They might not, but 500 isnt unreasonable imo.

First party titles from Sony and Microsoft will likely attempt it. I remember someone from Microsoft saying they want to hit it as baseline.

Other developers though, some of them will likely attempt 4K rather than 60 fps.

For Nintendo, it's unlikely if they continue the Switch concept. We will see more 1080p games while docked, however.

They should. It isn't 2005 anymore. Consumers should understand. They might not, but 500 isnt unreasonable imo.
    Haha, no. If you go too high of a price then people won't buy it, regardless of how powerful the system is. Only enthusiasts would.

No they shouldn't because $500+ is too much for a console. At that point you mite as well build a midrange PC.

15+ Year Old Account

Nani sore. Imi waka nai.

There is a reason developers are worried about even raising the base price of a game even when it's been over 15 years since the base price of games have changed.

Sony launched the PS4 and PS4 Pro at $399.

MS launched the Xbox One and Xbox One X at $499.

Remind me how well each is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    First party titles from Sony and Microsoft will likely attempt it. I remember someone from Microsoft saying they want to hit it as baseline.

Other developers though, some of them will likely attempt 4K rather than 60 fps.

For Nintendo, it's unlikely if they continue the Switch concept. We will see more 1080p games while docked, however.
    Does Nintendo release a more powerful console in 2022 to semi compete with PS5 that has streaming functionality like the ps4>Vita?Switch then becomes their dedicated handheld and is sold for at least another 2 or 3 years with a more traditional handheld sized model?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    There is a reason developers are worried about even raising the base price of a game even when it's been over 15 years since the base price of games have changed.
    Yep there is a breaking point ($60/$400) is that breaking point. I don't even expect the next Xbox to be above $400.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sony launched the PS4 and PS4 Pro at $399.

MS launched the Xbox One and Xbox One X at $499.

Remind me how well each is doing.
    Thats because of Kinect.

You cant keep the price of consoles the same forever. Eventually, they have to raise the price.

Does Nintendo release a more powerful console in 2022 to semi compete with PS5 that has streaming functionality like the ps4>Vita?Switch then becomes their dedicated handheld and is sold for at least another 2 or 3 years with a more traditional handheld sized model?
    Nintendo isn't releasing another console for quite sometime and if they do its a "New" Switch at most.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats because of Kinect.

You cant keep the price of consoles the same forever. Eventually, they have to raise the price.
    Xbox One X didn't ship with a Kinect....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep there is a breaking point ($60/$400) is that breaking point. I don't even expect the next Xbox to be above $400.
    So you think in 20 years assuming consoles are still a thing, they will launch at 400?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nintendo isn't releasing another console for quite sometime and if they do its a "New" Switch at most.

- - - Updated - - -

Xbox One X didn't ship with a Kinect....
    I was obviously talking about the OG one.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think this gen would have been significantly less successful if both Ps4 and XboxOne were 500 at launch?