Thread: Wheres hatuun?!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wheres hatuun?!

So were gonna act like we didnt just kill argus and abandon hatuun on his fel rotted world after we "rescued" them?

10+ Year Old Account
    He made it pretty clear that he wouldn't have left. "Argus will always be our home."

Besides we pretty much wiped out the Legion leadership on Argus, so they'll have a much easier time there post-Antorus.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Some closure on what happened to the planet would be nice I guess, but then we already know that in WoW planets that get destroyed can still have life survive on them and even sustain complex eco systems, even if they just amount to a couple of square kilometers of planetary crust. I guess it doesn't matter /shrug.

Deleted
    He wanted to stay in the 1st place.
    By taking out what powered demon reanimation we created an opening for him to slowly retake the planet.

Oh shit we forgot Hatuun again!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

that little red star in the sky means that mages can likely teleport to argus now without issue, like how the dark portal's permanent connection made it easier for mages to teleport to outland.

so, if shit gets bad, he could always teleport to us.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that little red star in the sky means that mages can likely teleport to argus now without issue, like how the dark portal's permanent connection made it easier for mages to teleport to outland.

so, if shit gets bad, he could always teleport to us.
    I think unless we get confirmation on this, this is just headcanon. Not saying impossible, but eh. We saw the portal close. Also, I'm pretty sure it's gone in 8.0, so it's probably just to make the end of everything in 7.x feel more impactful/epic/memorable. If I see something official somewhere that this is the case, I'd tailor my speculation to go along with it.

As for Hatuun, he'd likely stay on the ruins of his planet and help the Broken retake it now that the Legion has been defeated, Antorus decimated (by us and the invading Army of Light), and Argus defeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea that mages can teleport from planet to planet is ridiculous head canon. In ANY lore related stuff, they have had to go through established Portals (the Dark Portal is the most prominent). Khadgar didn't just poof away to Draenor or Outland, he went to the portal and crossed over. Same with any other Mage. If there isn't a WAY to get to to Argus, we can't get back to Argus.

It being "red" doesn't somehow mean it's like a flightpath, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The idea that mages can teleport from planet to planet is ridiculous head canon. In ANY lore related stuff, they have had to go through established Portals (the Dark Portal is the most prominent). Khadgar didn't just poof away to Draenor or Outland, he went to the portal and crossed over. Same with any other Mage. If there isn't a WAY to get to to Argus, we can't get back to Argus.

I think the Lightforged Beacon network is still functional, or else we'd lose all the troops that were in and around Antorus for the assault.

Also, Alleria can use the void to travel universal distances.

And the remnant of Illidan's portal to Argus is still there, making the distance not as great as it should be. Remember that Khadgar was able to use that portal to teleport everyone out of Kil'jaeden's ship to Azeroth.

So, there's still ways to reach Argus. I'd like to see lore clarifications on that, thought.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-07-05 at 01:19 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Krohgar View Post
    I think unless we get confirmation on this, this is just headcanon. Not saying impossible, but eh. We saw the portal close. Also, I'm pretty sure it's gone in 8.0, so it's probably just to make the end of everything in 7.x feel more impactful/epic/memorable. If I see something official somewhere that this is the case, I'd tailor my speculation to go along with it.

As for Hatuun, he'd likely stay on the ruins of his planet and help the Broken retake it now that the Legion has been defeated, Antorus decimated (by us and the invading Army of Light), and Argus defeated.
    Check Pyromancer's theory on youtube. He is pretty spot on IMO. The Red Star has been getting closer and closer (and bigger and brigher if you've noticed) with every week. And sometimes it overlaps with one of the two moons... (Now remember the giant Blood Moon in Nazmir in BfA)

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think the Lightforged Beacon network is still functional, or else we'd lose all the troops that were in and around Antorus for the assault.

Also, Alleria can use the void to travel universal distances.

And the remnant of Illidan's portal to Argus is still there, making the distance not as great as it should be. Remember that Khadgar was able to use that portal to teleport everyone out of Kil'jaeden's ship to Azeroth.

So, there's still ways to reach Argus. I'd like to see lore clarifications on that, thought.
    The portal and link between Azeroth and Argus has been severed. We cannot go back to it in the lore. All troops that were with us in Antorus escaped along with the Vindicaar. Rest stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post

Mages made portals to stormwind from the alternative time line... so plants seems easier then time and space... its wow lore don't dig to deep into it there isn't anything underneath save for the echoes of a game writer going " that sounds cool"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Oh shit we forgot Hatuun again!
    Home alone : hatuun
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    The portal and link between Azeroth and Argus has been severed. We cannot go back to it in the lore. All troops that were with us in Antorus escaped along with the Vindicaar. Rest stay there.
    Canon source for that claim, please.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Ion to devs....hmmm what's next?....oh shit. Hatuun.... I got an idea boys! 9.0 the re-return toargus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    Mages made portals to stormwind from the alternative time line... so plants seems easier then time and space... its wow lore don't dig to deep into it there isn't anything underneath save for the echoes of a game writer going " that sounds cool"
    I'm not entirely sure that these convenience portals were actually canon.. but then the building of the garrisons also utilized that, which is a bit beyond the handwave "it's just for gameplay" territory.

I'm sure chronicle 4 will tell us what are supposed to have seen back then..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I was waiting for this comment XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Canon source for that claim, please.
    I don't think this is known for sure canon-wise, but it is a pretty accurate theory all the same. We know now that when the Dark Portal was closed and sufficient time had passed, our ability to access AU Draenor ended. Similar to Argus, we've lost both the Sargerite Keystone (expended to create the gigantic portal that brought Argus essentially near to Azeroth) and the portal to Argus has been sealed by the Pantheon. The Vindicaar is currently in low orbit over Azeroth, as depicted in the Lightforged recruitment scenario, and without any touchstones left to travel to Argus it seems that like AU Draenor travel there will eventually become difficult to impossible.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-07-05 at 01:42 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think this is known for sure canon-wise, but it is a pretty accurate theory all the same. We know now that when the Dark Portal was closed and sufficient time had passed, our ability to access AU Draenor ended. Similar to Argus, we've lost both the Sargerite Keystone (expended to create the gigantic portal that brought Argus essentially near to Azeroth) and the portal to Argus has been sealed by the Pantheon. The Vindicaar is currently in low orbit over Azeroth, as depicted in the Lightforged recruitment scenario, and without any touchstones left to travel to Argus it seems that like AU Draenor travel there will eventually become difficult to impossible.
    My interpretation is that the red star is a remnant portal from Illidan's original one. It's still very large, but it's so distant we only perceive it as a bright red light in the sky. As long as it's there, there's a bridge between Azeroth and Argus that helps traveling between planets throught magic and maybe even physically if you have a vessel like the Vindicaar.

Of course, this is opinion, not canon. Which is why I'd like to get official clarification on the issue.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Some closure on what happened to the planet would be nice I guess, but then we already know that in WoW planets that get destroyed can still have life survive on them and even sustain complex eco systems, even if they just amount to a couple of square kilometers of planetary crust. I guess it doesn't matter /shrug.
    Maybe Outland can be moved to Argus and fill in the mass hole there. Then the 2 different groups of Broken can meet up and talk about how Velen abandoned both of them

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that these convenience portals were actually canon.. but then the building of the garrisons also utilized that, which is a bit beyond the handwave "it's just for gameplay" territory.

I'm sure chronicle 4 will tell us what are supposed to have seen back then..
    That was the whole plant people arc... they made a portal to stormwind... you would have to ignore 90% of a zone to make that non cannon. They even built a little hub near sw for it.