Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Remember when Bioware was bought by EA and everyone knew this moment would come?

The moment where EA is standing behind BW sharpening the headsman's ax due to the inevitable decline in sales and IP interest that seems to mysteriously happen to almost every studio that gets assimilated by EA. At the time, Bioware issued press statements talking about how good it would be for the studio and how being under EAs gentle, nurturing wing would no doubt lead to a golden era for the studio. But we all knew better. BW probably knew better.

And then Andromeda happened. And now Anthem is being coldly received as well. EA is no doubt already wondering which of BW's assets and personnel it will keep and which will be burying in the same mass grave as Westwood studios and co.
    We got things like messeffct 2 inquisition and swtor under ea so it’s not like it’s all been andromeda level trash.

Casey Hudson ? The guy who shat the tricolor endings of ME3 and thought the whole retarded plot was good ?
    Fuck off Casey, you killed ME, let it rest.

At this point, any MA game would be a rescue mission and damage control. Andromeda is that awful. Absolutely awful. Nevermind the dialogue, the character models, the crafting system and the terrible story. I could kinda get past all that. But the UI? It's the worst, in any game, ever. EVER. It's a convoluted, clunky, unintuitive, ugly disaster and it ruins any desire for me to ever replay it. Nobody should have to go into that many menus just to get some bit of info or get something crafted.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Mass effect andromeda isn't complete shit but it was severely hampered by the sjw agenda pushing. If they can avoid that this time around i think they could still make a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Do you think you could write a better ending?

"You cannot say that a dish is bad unless you're a chef at a michelin star resturant"
    Last edited by Morgaith; 2018-07-05 at 03:08 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the big fiasco that was Mass Effect: Andromeda and the subsequent abandoning of the game.. There may be a lot of people out their just a little bit hesitant to buy Anthem, due to what happened with ME:A..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-07-05 at 03:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I asked my friend who has loved SW all his life and who loved the ME trilogy and who I knew hated TLJ if TLJ or the recent ME was worse, he said he never finished the last Andromeda so it won by default. All this to say the ME brand is not what it once was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    After the big fiasco that was Mass Effect: Andromeda and the subsequent abandoning of the game.. There may be a lot of people out their just a little bit hesitant to buy Anthem, due to what happened with ME:A..
    The fact that they dropped all DLC plans for Andromeda makes me not want to preorder any Bioware game again. They switched to a model where they release incomplete games and then patch them up with DLC as they go - not a decision I support, but it's something I've grown accustomed to and expect. When that didn't happen for ME:A, I felt like a lost a lot of value. I'll wait on all of their games going forward until they're on sale.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The fact that they dropped all DLC plans for Andromeda makes me not want to preorder any Bioware game again. They switched to a model where they release incomplete games and then patch them up with DLC as they go - not a decision I support, but it's something I've grown accustomed to and expect. When that didn't happen for ME:A, I felt like a lost a lot of value. I'll wait on all of their games going forward until they're on sale.
    Yeah they have a bloody big mountain to climb so to speak in gaining peoples trust back and if they don't pull it off with Anthem well BW might be for the highjump.. And with their past history and not to forget they are a part of EA I don't hold out much hope for the game.. And as the old saying goes "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.."

10+ Year Old Account
    All the people blaming EA, while Bioware intentionally got sold out by its founders.

Doesn't matter who they got sold to Bioware was turning to producing more mainstream friendly RPG's long before EA fully acquired them as that was the intend from both the "wizards", where one of them even threw a tantrum when their playerbase criticized them for a poorly made game before they fully sold off the company.

With the amount of new companies rising up Bioware missed the train and due to its size they'll never be able to go on a big limp now and make something unique or new it will forever be tied into market trends. In other words if CDPR releases something and it becomes massively successful expect them to follow suit and produce something similar but that requires less of an investment and thus a lesser product.

Deleted
    yeah but it wont happens. as of right now. Anthem looks like a damn mess, people quitting left and right, their buisness model have probaly changes atleast 3-4 times by now which IS a core part of a game when you look at how you get items and level up.
    i mean it was based on Destinity which is not doing so well right now. so... i hope it does well ,mainly just so i can get Dragon age or mass effect games. fuck anthem and the resources spent on it.

Gimme KOTOR 3 plox.

Oh no, more casual waist high cover RPG with 3 skills you can level twice and thats it

Do people really find these games fun and interesting?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Remember when Bioware was bought by EA and everyone knew this moment would come?

The moment where EA is standing behind BW sharpening the headsman's ax due to the inevitable decline in sales and IP interest that seems to mysteriously happen to almost every studio that gets assimilated by EA. At the time, Bioware issued press statements talking about how good it would be for the studio and how being under EAs gentle, nurturing wing would no doubt lead to a golden era for the studio. But we all knew better. BW probably knew better.

And then Andromeda happened. And now Anthem is being coldly received as well. EA is no doubt already wondering which of BW's assets and personnel it will keep and which will be burying in the same mass grave as Westwood studios and co.
    You mean when this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Incomplete? I mean, it was buggy and janky, but it was a complete game. They canned DLC because it sold like shit, which is a reality of the business world many times - your product fails, you cancel expansions for it. Stuff like the quarian DLC was apparently always intended to come after the base game, so it wasn't cut at all.

Also, folks need to stop blaming everything on EA and look to BioWare. BioWare honestly is responsible for most of their fuckups. The Montreal studio had everything they needed to succeed - a very long development cycle including multiple delays (5+ years), proper AAA budgets, access to support from other BioWare studios, a version of Frostbite that while not perfect for RPG's already had work done on it from the DA:I team, and more. EA gave them all the tools they needed to succeed, they just shit the bed with poor planning, poor hiring, and a litany of mistakes. The team just shit the bed.

EA is shit in many ways, don't get me wrong. But most of the struggles BioWare has faced over the years are of their own making. EA has some involvement, sure, but I've yet to see much that provides significant evidence that BioWare is getting fucked by EA. Because EA keeps giving them huge budgets and long windows to work on games, and apparently tons of freedom without publisher meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Will BW even be around after Anthem fails?
    Will you still be around if it doesn't?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Incomplete? I mean, it was buggy and janky, but it was a complete game. They canned DLC because it sold like shit, which is a reality of the business world many times - your product fails, you cancel expansions for it. Stuff like the quarian DLC was apparently always intended to come after the base game, so it wasn't cut at all.
    The only good plot in the game, the conspiracy on the Ark, was left entirely unfinished and just arbitrarily ended.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The only good plot in the game, the conspiracy on the Ark, was left entirely unfinished and just arbitrarily ended.
    The Salarian one? Yeah, because it was planned to be dealt with in DLC. A lot of games queue up story-DLC content in the base game and leave a bit of a cliffhanger so you're eager to purchase the DLC when it comes out.

I haven't seen anything that indicates that this was ever initially intended to be a part of the base game, unless you have links somewhere, which I'd be interested to read.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately Bioware in 2018 is not the Bioware of 2003 anymore. I have no sympathy for EA but Bioware is in this because they fully embraced the EA way since they were acquired by them in 2007 to the point they have become synonymous with EA. Then one by one the people who brought Bioware success left the company. It's become merely a brand under which EA can hope for more sales, it will also die the EA way once they squeezed all live and license potential out of it. I have my serious doubts about Anthem to the point that it looks like EA is just use it as just another death march project.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just waiting for the update that EA has green-lit a Mass Effect themed battle royale shooter.

I really hope they won't. Last thing I want is another rape of a corpse of once incredible, amazing franchise which I love with all my heart, by a bunch of far-left grads who got the job at BW because nobody else wanted to work there.