Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion PvP Season 7 Ending Soon - Post-Season Coming Soon!, Dueler's Guild Preview

Legion PvP Season 7 Ending Soon - Get Ready for the Post-Season!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The gates will soon close on Legion PvP Season 7 with the release of the Battle for Azeroth pre-expansion patch. Don’t worry though, you’ll still be able to take part competitive PvP in a special post-season which will end with the launch of the expansion on August 14.

If you participated in Season 7, to ensure you receive the rewards that you’re due, please keep the following in mind:

• Refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until after Legion Season 7 has ended.
    • Legion Season 7 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends.

Faction-Based Rewards
    Don’t forget—end-of-season rewards are based on your faction. If you transfer your character to the other faction, you must have 50 wins after your transfer to receive the reward and 150 wins after your transfer to earn Gladiator and Dominant Gladiator.

Jump into Post-Season
    Once the pre-expansion patch is live, we’ll be kicking off a special post-season through to the launch of Battle for Azeroth. While there will not be any end-of-season rewards such a mount, title, or Conquest to earn, players will be able to gain catch-up gear that will be rewarded from strongboxes.

Leaderboards Temporarily Offline
    Please note that PvP Leaderboards will not be available once the pre-expansion patch goes live but will become available again with the start of the new Battle for Azeroth PvP season.

Battle for Azeroth PvP Preview - Dueler's Guild
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    For many PvPers, there’s something special about going toe-to-toe against a formidable foe—especially when that foe is another player behind their own keyboard. For some, it’s the rush of adrenaline that makes their hands tremble as they set them to keyboard and mouse. For others, it’s the icy cool feeling of calm that courses through their veins before the action kicks off. You’ll often see these players gathered outside the gates of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, flags firmly planted as they /duel simply for the joy of it.

With the introduction of the Dueler’s Guild in Battle for Azeroth, we’re kicking the experience of the simple duel up a notch. Get ready to put your skills to the test against fellow duelists from your own faction, earning a few achievements, a title, a tabard, and (of course) bragging rights along the way.

Players at level 120 who have War Mode enabled will be able to queue for a Dueler’s Guild battle at the Bouncers (Alliance) or Troll Guards (Horde) in the War Headquarters for their faction, located in Boralus and Zuldazar respectively. Each headquarters is indicated on the map (M) with the Alliance symbol or the Horde symbol. (This is also where you’ll collect your War Chest for your efforts in certain PvP activities during the week.) Once you’ve queued, a buff will be placed on you showing your place in the queue.

Who:
    Level 120 Players who have War Mode enabled

Where:
    Alliance – Hook Point in Boralus
    Horde – The Mugambala in Zuldazar

Once in the queue, you can move around the area around the War Headquarters a little—just don’t go too far, or you could lose your spot in the queue. But that doesn’t stop you from observing the duelists in action. Speak to Hexpriest Junda in The Mugambala if you’re Horde or to Sea Seer Crystal if you’re Alliance to spectate and keep an eye on all the carnage while you wait.

Once it’s your turn to battle, you’ll need to beat three opponents consecutively to earn the achievement Prize Fighter. Completing this achievement along with Dueling Master and Thirty Six and Two will award the achievement Master of Duels and the title of Contender.

You’ll be able to buff (and get buffs) to prepare for your matches before you begin your duel, but it’s important to note that cooldowns will not refresh with each opponent you face. When you win a match, you’ll only have a short period of time before you face your next opponent. After you’ve defeated three opponents, you’ll be removed from the dueling arena for the next contenders to take center stage.

This is just the beginning of what we have in mind, but we hope that it’s the start of something dueltastic* that you’ll want to dig your teeth into. The Dueler’s Guild provides friendly players an opportunity to hone their PvP skills and then head out into the world to take on a common foe . . . the other faction. We’ll see you in the dueling ring!

*We just made this word up, but we’re sure it’s bound to catch on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    My bet's on July 17th/July 18th (US/EU) for pre-patch. The ending of a PVP season is generally 2 weeks before a major update.
    Yeah July 17th has been the datamined guess for about a few weeks now due to the in game calendar on the PTR with the burning of the tree event.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Is the 17th the day Mage Tower is no longer doable?

Poor ele shams will never succeed in the dueler's guild.

I wonder how casters vs melee is in bfa. Anyone tested or knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Is the 17th the day Mage Tower is no longer doable?
    yes. If the patch hits of course

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Yeah July 17th has been the datamined guess for about a few weeks now due to the in game calendar on the PTR with the burning of the tree event.
    What speaks against that is that you throw people into the whole event without getting to know their changed classes/specs and the whole stat squish. My guess is that it launches 10/11 (next week) and then you have a week to get used to everything before shit gets real.

What a great idea, now if only they would have made the dueling area a neutral place then this would be a golden feature.

for me next week 10 US / 11 EU is probably release for 8.0
    on PTR 8.0 is on Release , final statut before go on live serveur

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    What speaks against that is that you throw people into the whole event without getting to know their changed classes/specs and the whole stat squish. My guess is that it launches 10/11 (next week) and then you have a week to get used to everything before shit gets real.
    So? Its not like it is a mythic+ or mythic raid level event. And it has happened before with pre-launch stuff happening with pre-patch. Also the best ways to learn the changes are by playing your class. So a scenario/event is getting you to learn you class by playing it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post

I feel like it would be really dumb of blizzard to not announce the prepatch date like at least a week before with how much stuff is going away in it like the mage tower, But who knows with blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why no actual date? Is it some kind of secrets, that no one should know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Why no actual date? Is it some kind of secrets, that no one should know about?
    They always do the "ending soon" post.

The date will come, patience is a virtue.

Deleted
    I play arms warrior how will i be able to participate?

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    They always do the "ending soon" post.

The date will come, patience is a virtue.
    People aren't worried about the date coming, they're worried that they aren't sure how quickly they need to do content that will "soon" be locked because the prepatch hits. There is still a small chance the pre-patch is on the 10th, but if it is and they don't say something soon then people are gonna freak because they have very little time to cram in any extra mage tower stuff etc. Alternatively, them being so reluctant to give a date may be causing players to be cramming stuff to make sure they get it all in before the 10th, and it would be very nice for them to know if they don't have to have it done until the 17th or later.

Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    People aren't worried about the date coming, they're worried that they aren't sure how quickly they need to do content that will "soon" be locked because the prepatch hits. There is still a small chance the pre-patch is on the 10th, but if it is and they don't say something soon then people are gonna freak because they have very little time to cram in any extra mage tower stuff etc. Alternatively, them being so reluctant to give a date may be causing players to be cramming stuff to make sure they get it all in before the 10th, and it would be very nice for them to know if they don't have to have it done until the 17th or later.
    Which is why one assumes the worst and gets things done at the possible lowest timeframe, and gets pleasantly surprised if one has more time than anticipated.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My bet's on July 17th/July 18th (US/EU) for pre-patch. The ending of a PVP season is generally 2 weeks before a major update.
    Yeah, at this point it would be also a dick move to take Mage Tower from people when all signs point at 17th release.

Also we're not starving for content like in the end of WoD and BfA pre-patch won't have ways to level chars ultra fast. And you could easily finish pre-patch narrative content in one week (or even one day to be honest). For me most exciting stuff in pre-patch is War Mode, not because I love PVP (although I will try it on my main in Zandalar/Kul Tiras), but because my alts will FINALLY be able to their do stuff in peace, without idiots that usually "engage into combat" with you only when you're AFK for 5 minutes near flight master.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Which is why one assumes the worst and gets things done at the possible lowest timeframe, and gets pleasantly surprised if one has more time than anticipated.
    Pleasantly surprised with a week of nothing to do ahead of them and a painful week of cramming behind them since a company couldn't just come out and publicize their plans? Surprise!!!

WTB Duelist Achievements boosts. :V

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I googled the date the WOD pvp season ended and it was July 8th, 11 days before the pre patch hit.

I mean here is the link

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...p-ends-july-19

It makes sense for July 17th as it allows the maximum amount of time for people to do the mage tower.