Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You claim to be trialing for a guild that does Mythic Argus.
    Your excuse that you do not need to be informed about the game is invalid.
    Who ever said I think I don't need to be informed? I didn't know that there was anything to be informed about. (considering what I just replied to Riain ED)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Paying attention to what, though? Again, it's a minority that even check fansites. If someone only plays the game and it just so happens they don't feel like doing a quest then they won't know. I'd be willing to bet there's many, many, people that haven't got the buff.
    Well a quest popped up upon login which are usually important ones + every1 was talking about it in trade chat etc soooo if your an active player you should have known about the buff. If you just log in occasionally just to keep the gold missions ticking over I could see someone not realising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Well a quest popped up upon login which are usually important ones + every1 was talking about it in trade chat etc soooo if your an active player you should have known about the buff. If you just log in occasionally just to keep the gold missions ticking over I could see someone not realising.
    I disagree that quests popping up are usually important. They're somewhat important to lore. Almost never important to character power.

I'm trialing in a guild doing Mythic Argus where everyone else has the buff and I didn't. I'm wondering why Blizzard just expected people to know that doing this quest is a massive buff (mandatory) and not just another quest. Like I said, I browse mmo champ all the time but obviously I missed this info. Some people don't even look at sites, so how will they know it's a powerup and not just a random quest?
    when a quest automatically lands in your quest log, with a voice over starting as soon as you log, you should know its not a random quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    when a quest automatically lands in your quest log, with a voice over starting as soon as you log, you should know its not a random quest.
    There have been many, many quests, that pop up when you log on. Almost always it's not important. The way this popped up was no different than the quest where you go to scholozar and do the magni scenario. Since there's no hints that this was any different why would I have rushed to do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    People have only been talking about that for the past few months. Maybe you should come by mmo-champ to see that stuff instead of just coming to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riain ED View Post
    Just trying to work out what you're complaining about?

1. You've not logged off since the quest was turned on - Not Blizzard's fault.
    2. You've completely ignored the fully voiced, pop up quest on your screen - Not Blizzard's fault.
    3. You're raiding in a 10/11 Mythic guild and you don't keep yourself up to date with upcoming changes - Not Blizzard's fault.

So which one is it?
    3. Except I'm stopped raiding about a month before the quest was released. Instead of taking a break until BFA I decided to continue raiding with a new guild. I was vaugley aware of the quest and what it involved but somehow I missed the power the massive character power aspect.

I agree it's my fault for not doing the quest, but I still stand by my frustration at the weird lack of communication considering this buff is basically mandatory.
    4. If you are TRIALING into a guild that clears mythic, you need to know where the game is at, what new stuff came out, whether or not there are certain shortcuts, tricks etc. Just like the guild expects you to know tactics on each boss, they expect you to research things especially since you have stopped raiding for over a month. Is this your first time playing wow? Anyone knows, and especially those raiding mythic or doing any sorts of end content, that a lot can be changed in a month in wow.

Basically, stop expecting everything to be handed to you on a platter with a huge neon sign above it. Just log into wowhead for 2 seconds every couple of weeks, or MMO. It didnt kill anyone yet.

I'm trialing in a guild doing Mythic Argus where everyone else has the buff and I didn't. I'm wondering why Blizzard just expected people to know that doing this quest is a massive buff (mandatory) and not just another quest. Like I said, I browse mmo champ all the time but obviously I missed this info. Some people don't even look at sites, so how will they know it's a powerup and not just a random quest?
    Is it really that hard to know this sort of thing? I last played April 2017 after being casual for months prior, found out about this through proxy and you're telling me you didn't know while being a current active mythic raider? You gotta open your eyes and take some responsibility man, it's not Blizzards fault and if people not even playing the game know about this quest then you have no excuse.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    This has been the case since MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93
    I disagree that quests popping up are usually important. They're somewhat important to lore. Almost never important to character power.
    The fact that this one happens to be a huge boost in power is not relevant. It's nobody fault you missed the quest other than your own. I'm not sure what sort of reception you were expecting making a thread about you missing a quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    you could not ignore quests that pop up on your screen, what about that
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruna View Post
    4. If you are TRIALING into a guild that clears mythic, you need to know where the game is at, what new stuff came out, whether or not there are certain shortcuts, tricks etc. Just like the guild expects you to know tactics on each boss, they expect you to research things especially since you have stopped raiding for over a month. Is this your first time playing wow? Anyone knows, and especially those raiding mythic or doing any sorts of end content, that a lot can be changed in a month in wow.

Basically, stop expecting everything to be handed to you on a platter with a huge neon sign above it. Just log into wowhead for 2 seconds every couple of weeks, or MMO. It didnt kill anyone yet.
    You seem to be under the impression that I'm calling for someone to be fired at Blizzard, that I'm doing more complaining than I am (my OP was really pretty light in that respect) and that I want things to be handed to me on a platter.

There have been many, many quests, that pop up when you log on. Almost always it's not important. The way this popped up was no different than the quest where you go to scholozar and do the magni scenario. Since there's no hints that this was any different why would I have rushed to do it?
    Don't forget invasion quests. Those seem to pop up whenever I login too.

But, I think it's kinda funny that the guild you were trying out for did not mention it either. Most people are talking about the impacts right away (at least they were with folks I played with). Maybe they were just messing with you to see how long it would be before you noticed :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you not spare 20 fucking minutes to do the quest like? You spend enough time on MMOC, it was all over the front page at the time. No excuse really, don't complain about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Don't forget invasion quests. Those seem to pop up whenever I login too.

But, I think it's kinda funny that the guild you were trying out for did not mention it either. Most people are talking about the impacts right away (at least they were with folks I played with). Maybe they were just messing with you to see how long it would be before you noticed :P
    I was still in the middle of the meters so I'm taking that with a bit of pride. ;P

If you are a mythic raider, it shouldn't be that huge of a buff anyways. Still a buff, but could be worse.

Every single time this has happened it has been some sort of progression point. Whether it's starting a new zone, a new patch, a new feature, or a new expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Can you not spare 20 fucking minutes to do the quest like? You spend enough time on MMOC, it was all over the front page at the time. No excuse really, don't complain about it.
    I was going to eventually, but I just didn't feel like doing it. I would have done it instantly if I knew about the power increase. Again, not sure how I would have known.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Every single time this has happened it has been some sort of progression point. Whether it's starting a new zone, a new patch, a new feature, or a new expansion.
    Not entirely true, but I may be incorrect. What did we gain from the quest where you do the magni scenario at scholozar basin? That quest was also a pop up quest.

I was still in the middle of the meters so I'm taking that with a bit of pride. ;P
    You should absolutely be proud! They should give you the invite immediately after finding out that you were doing that good without the buff....lol

Deleted
    You seem to be under the impression that I'm calling for someone to be fired at Blizzard, that I'm doing more complaining than I am (my OP was really pretty light in that respect) and that I want things to be handed to me on a platter.
    Well you're the one who decided to make a whole post on here about how little vital info you get from blizzard. If it's not such a big deal why the QQ?
    There is a reason why people trial into mythic raiding guilds. They expect some level of independence out of people and to be up to date with current content.

You should definitely check sites like mmo and wowhead more often if you wish to do end game content. Most tips and tricks for all classes are found by players and posted on sharing sites like those two. Blizzard won't help you there.

I was going to eventually, but I just didn't feel like doing it. I would have done it instantly if I knew about the power increase. Again, not sure how I would have known.

- - - Updated - - -

Not entirely true, but I may be incorrect. What did we gain from the quest where you do the magni scenario at scholozar basin? That quest was also a pop up quest.
    If had dialogue, but it was not an automatic quest, it had to be picked up.