Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Yeah she is on the hordes side. I thought it was weird to see her there.
    So what is she champion tier in the horde then? She must be a really good rouge if every one just forgets she’s buddy buddy with Varian and broll. Odd they wouldn’t use gorona who if isn’t fully horde atleast isn’t allaince.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So what is she champion tier in the horde then? She must be a really good rouge if every one just forgets she’s buddy buddy with Varian and broll. Odd they wouldn’t use gorona who if isn’t fully horde atleast isn’t allaince.
    Are the class hall leaders for those type of classes meant to be faction neutral? Druids, Monks, Shaman, yes. But why would a warrior or a hunter or a rogue etc, report to someone like that? I still don’t consider them as having a ‘proper’ class order.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Garona is fully horde tho. If anything they should’ve used lord Ravenholt. He is the leader of the uncrowned, one of the few halls where the adventurer never takes over. Only other I can think of the top of my head is warriors, Odyn still heads that hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Are the class hall leaders for those type of classes meant to be faction neutral? Druids, Monks, Shaman, yes. But why would a warrior or a hunter or a rogue etc, report to someone like that? I still don’t consider them as having a ‘proper’ class order.
    I haven’t done the quest so I can only go off the screen shots I saw but I figured each ship was suppose to have either neutral people or races that match the faction. Darian and the demon hunter girl for example are neutral where the rest are alliance races atleast in the pictures on here. It would seem that the horde side still has the neutral people like darian but swaps out horde races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Garona is fully horde tho. If anything they should’ve used lord Ravenholt. He is the leader of the uncrowned, one of the few halls where the adventurer never takes over. Only other I can think of the top of my head is warriors, Odyn still heads that hall.
    Is she fully horde before bfa? I thought she sided with them in cata to take down cho’gall but didn’t fully join till bfa.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Canon is always whats in the game.
    Except for when it's not

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You see a cinematic where your character is holding up their artifact, and behind are other notable figures holding up artifacts as well... Darion Mograine with the unholy artifact, Rehgar Earthfury with the Doomhammer, Ritssyn Flamescowl with the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras, Valeera Sanguinar with some rogue artifact, and Lady Liadrin with the Ashbringer. Wtf did she do with Quel'Delar? Shove it up her asshole?

So are these the "canon" order hall leaders? It doesn't make much sense since most of these characters play significant roles in the order hall campaigns, but not as its leader, but as your underling.
    What else could they do?

They aren't going to pick random players and stick them in YOUR cut-scene so they fleshed them out with lore characters to make the scene seem greater.

Personally thinking about it I am now wondering how they substitute so your class isn't duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no.

mograin's on both ships, and if you go there as one of the classes they are, that npc is gone and isn't replaced by anyone.

i wish they'd have taken the extra step to read your account and put your characters there. but i guess that would have been too much work.
    I also thought that would be cool.

I'd guess no, considering Mograine doesn't make much sense unless he resurrected himself at the end of the DK campaign. If they put thought into it and wanted it to affect the lore, they could have easily put Thassarian or Koltira there and it would have made sense.

That's not always true, since game play will always trump story.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i wish they'd have taken the extra step to read your account and put your characters there. but i guess that would have been too much work.
    After the send-off beeing kinda lame to begin with I wish they would have put at least that much effort into it. But maybe they didn't have the proper API's for that in place, at least I hope that was the reason and not a couple of lines of code & being lazy :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post

I personally think that's ridiculous, if they don't want the crazy things that are added to the game to be canon those things shouldn't be added at all.
    That is exactly my opinion.

I much prefer actual lore characters wielding the artifacts than PCs. Redeems some of Legion for me in retrospect.

Deleted
    Unless Darion managed to ressurect himself after being killed, i would say it would make no sense without making all of the quests non-canon and retcon it.

As the story goes, the Deathlord has to exist and can't be Darion.

With that said, there are multiple artifacts per class. The deathlord could only be wielding one, for example.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the perspective of our characters would we even know better though? We're the Highlord, High Priest or whatever of our order hall because we're the player for that specific class regardless of alts.

We're not everyone. We're treated as a single hero only for the class we're playing at the time. Right?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-07-05 at 11:30 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    I much prefer actual lore characters wielding the artifacts than PCs. Redeems some of Legion for me in retrospect.
    PCs can always become lore characters in the future. Like we had a nameless faceless Jedi general PC in KOTOR 2 who later became an independent character called Meetra Surik.

Not true at all. In lore portals are very rare and difficult to maintain. In game portals are everywhere and always up.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I'd like to see Blizz have a quest where you interact with the canon Order Hall leaders, just make some new NPCs and give them one of the artifacts

They wouldn't even need to be races that are currently playable, like if the Farseer was a Broken or a Naga, or if the Archmage is an Ethereal

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that yes, but they are obviously still -NOT- the leaders of their Class Halls.

I mean, I don't remember any artifact weapon having limitations about someone wielding it temporarly. The High Priest could've easily given Ishanah the Beacon so that she could help in Silithus. Or whatever other reason.

Hopefully not, no reason to sully Ashbringer like that.

Of course they are not. Or did you really believe me, as an Alliance Paladin, ordering Liadrin around was canon? Non of the Class Halls were canon. Absolutely NOTHING of it. Which has to be the case for purely single player content like them. Which is exactly why pure single player features have no place in an MMO...but Blizzard loves to shit them in and then send their own storytelling into the toilet because of it.

To say it in the words of a popular streamer:
    It's a shitshow. Obviously.

Edit:
    Oh, and me as an Alliance PC rescuing Thalyssra and becoming her personal friend was obviously non-canon, too. As was Horde PC helping Malfurion and Tyrande in Val'shara. It turns out - largely thanks to the shitpile that is BFA in discontinuing storylines - almost EVERYTHING of Legion was non-canon.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-07-05 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    PCs can always become lore characters in the future. Like we had a nameless faceless Jedi general PC in KOTOR 2 who later became an independent character called Meetra Surik.
    The difference is KOTOR 1/2 are single-player—not MMORPGs.