Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Depends on how much effort you want and can put in.

If you're very uncomfortable tanking you probably wont enjoy it much at all, personally it's the funnest spec for me, You get to control a lot of stuff as a tank, more so in dungeons but even in raids, you control the bosses position and movement.

The more comfy you are with tanking, the more you know your class limits, this allows you to min max more and it starts to feel as if you're playing a DPS as well as tanking, again, this also depends on how comfortable you are with your guild, if your guild knows and trusts your tanking style then they know if there are any major errors, you will fix them, as you progress a boss you can quickly tell how much damage you are intaking and decide on your gear/talent setup shortly after, there is no need to be wearing two armour trinkets on a boss which barely damages your healthpool.

People seem to think you can only try to increase your damage once content is irrelevant and it just isn't true, yes staying alive and being a tank is our job and main focus but we have so many cooldowns in our tanking kit that no gear will save you from bad play. Most of the time gear will not be the decider on whether you die or not. If you play a tank like a full on meat shield on every encounter, you'll often find yourself browsing the net while your just sitting there taking hits, It's boring.

tanking was FUN when vengeance was a thing ))))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Also it requires you to be online every raid day, and I can't be 100% sure I will make it, and I don't feel like disappointing 15 people.
    Depends on the guild, I don't have 100% attendance and still cleared mythic antorus just fine. We do have 3 people with well geared tank offspec anyway, since some fights require(d) 3 tanks. So on the nights I come later due to work or when I am on holiday, one of them steps in. No problem whatsoever. We do the same with healers. I know that some guilds require 100% tank attendance, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    tanking was FUN when vengeance was a thing ))))
    Vengeance still is a thing :P

I tanked in WoD and the thing I don't like is how it seems like you are "stuck" on that role for everything. Main raid, tank, doing an alt raid, tank etc. I've had more fun in Legion being a DPS and just tanking when needed ie: MT couldn't make it or I was doing m+ and we needed a tank. We usually don't have many people willing to tank in my guild so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkuri View Post
    Depends on the guild, I don't have 100% attendance and still cleared mythic antorus just fine. We do have 3 people with well geared tank offspec anyway, since some fights require(d) 3 tanks. So on the nights I come later due to work or when I am on holiday, one of them steps in. No problem whatsoever. We do the same with healers. I know that some guilds require 100% tank attendance, though...

Vengeance still is a thing :P
    Vengeance, as in... Your dmg etc is increased, the more the more dmg you take.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Vengeance_(tanking_bonus)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vengeance_(passive)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Vengeance, as in... Your dmg etc is increased, the more the more dmg you take.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Vengeance_(tanking_bonus)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vengeance_(passive)
    I think you took the bait.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Tanking raids was a lot more fun when threat was a mechanic and your DPS were right behind you. Every heroic strike mattered, and you had better be fast on the pull to secure your lead so they could unload.

Tanking raids was more fun when you had gear choices to make. How much avoidance to sacrifice for hit/expertise (threat), or should you go full stam or even a block set.

Active mitigation is fun too but not as the only tank mechanic that exists.

Tanking dungeons is arguably more fun now. I still preferred to have the threat mechanic, but dungeons are plenty varied and exercise your toolkit well.