Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Learn to dive or die.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Idiots, you don't go into a cave that can flood unless you know how to and can get out.
    It was a flash flood situation. Once it started to flood there was no time to get out. They did about as good as could be hoped to get to high enough ground to survive. Trying to get the kids out is going to be problematic. Cave diving is about as technical of diving as it gets and the visibility in the water is basically zero currently. Added on top of that some of the kids don't know how to swim. Still it is just the start of the monsoon season so all the options look pretty bad. Letting them stay in place could be dangerous if the flooding gets worse but diving them out is highly dangerous too.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Bunch of fucking retards i say.
    You are a fascinating example of what can be wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Ragnarsson View Post
    you know you wake up way too early when you read "thai boys suck in a cave"
    Having been to Thailand for a port call, I read it that way too and was wondering who was making a lady boy thread.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Deleted
    This what happens when you LARP Blackfathom deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post

Was that one of the pictures the kids drew.

Deleted
    Hell of a way to get a free PADI dive certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Idiots, you don't go into a cave that can flood unless you know how to and can get out.
    It's a bunch of kids and a 25 year old man. For all intents and purposes they're all kids

- - - Updated - - -

I had thought that it meant 3-4 km under water. Didn't realize that it was a series of submerged and open areas. That not as bad I suppose.

Update: sounds like within the next 48 Hours they are going to try and get the boys out thru diving them out
    however, some appear too week to dive.

They are currently in an area known as "Women's Boobs" and have 3.6 miles of diving in tight spaces ahead of them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...art-HOURS.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...m-update-video

navy seals my arse it was the brits who found them,best cavers in the world.

Deleted
    Is there any footage of the tunnel journey from the entrance to the kids location?

The first question I have is what the hell are they doing a mile deep in a cave during monsoon season

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The first question I have is what the hell are they doing a mile deep in a cave during monsoon season
    It was some local Initiation .. The Soccer coach should have known better.

A former US Navy SEAL has warned of fatalities if the young Thai footballers have to dive their way out of the cave network.
    Cade Courtley says such an attempt should be the last option for the trapped youngsters - because they have 'time on their hands'.

Courtley told CNN he had thousands of hours of experience operating in 'zero visibility' water as part of a special diving unit.
    He questioned why the idea of diving the boys out was being considered when high powered pumps existed that were capable of draining a thousand gallons of water a minute.

He said: 'In my experience I would consider this stable and non life threatening which means we have the luxury of time - and with that time we are able to do a risk anaylsis on all of our options.

'I keep hearing the option of dive them out and I think that should be the very last option.'
    The former US Navy SEAL added: 'I hate to say this but some of these kids are going to die in an effort to try and bring them out using dive equipment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope they don't try to dive them out. Can't see that going to well. They're talking spaces so narrow that a diver can't go in with a tank?

The issue seems to be who is going to pay for the water pump vs diving them out.

Fast and cheap but not safe.

Or Safe but slow and expensive.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    There were signs posted. It's the rainy season. As someone with a Thai parent, once these boys are reunited with theirs and the tears of joy are all cried out, those kids are going to get their asses kicked.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    A former Thai Navy SEAL participating in the rescue effort at Tham Luang cave has died during the effort to rescue the 12 boys and their coach because of a lack of oxygen, according to Thai authorities.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Reminds me of the movie Sanctum

The coach should go to jail for the rest of his idiotic life.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    A former Thai Navy SEAL participating in the rescue effort at Tham Luang cave has died during the effort to rescue the 12 boys and their coach because of a lack of oxygen, according to Thai authorities.
    Doesn’t bode well for getting the boys out.
    Four months is a long time, but better than spending the rest of your life underwater in a cave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Doesn’t bode well for getting the boys out.
    Four months is a long time, but better than spending the rest of your life underwater in a cave.
    Four months assume that this is a mediocre monsoon season and the cave doesn't flood anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

5+ Year Old Account
    โค้ทเอกเป็นคนเดียวที่ไม่มีญาติ มารอรับหน้าถ้ำ พ่อแม่เสียหมดใช้ชีวิตอยู่กับตา ยาย...โอ้ยอยากไปรับเด้เหลือโตนคั ก