Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    If players would be bored 2 weeks into the new expansion without AP, that says more about the quality of BFA than it does about the AP grind.
    People were complaining that Antorus was boring the week it came out.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

With warmode on it took me 7h to level 110-120, that includes playing with 200 ms (US realms) , never seeing the quests before and also without my addons which makes me a bit slower, on live i could probably do it in 5h, the exp nerf is justified if you compare the speed of leveling in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    With warmode on it took me 7h to level 110-120, that includes playing with 200 ms (US realms) , never seeing the quests before and also without my addons which makes me a bit slower, on live i could probably do it in 5h, the exp nerf is justified if you compare the speed of leveling in previous expansions.
    we get it

there are masochists out there who like wasting their time before geting to real game aka endgame.

but most people treat leveling as nothing but usless waste of time. shame blizzard is forcing people into wasting time ;/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    So leveling as warmode with this change will feel the exact same as leveling without warmode before the change. I thought the point of playing with warmode was to level fast? No doubt the XP requirement increase is due to the fast pace in leveling with warmode on.

As if azerite wasn't already grindy enough. The only reasoning I can see for increasing it by up to 53% is to make it more of a initial grind.

*Players complain about Legion AP grinds

*Blizzard adds AP in BfA
    -Azerite gets nothing but negative feedback
    *Blizzard increases the AP needed near the end of the beta cycle.

I''m having difficulty understanding the logic in this. If you're getting negative feedback about AP grinding, where is the reasoning to suddenly make it 53% more grindy 1 month away from launch?

Despite negative feedback Blizzard expands upon an already repulsive idea by making it more repulsive
    the reason is the 33% nerf with each week.

after 3 months it wont matter only difference will be initial first few weeks

its most likely to prevent mythic raiders from maxing out artifact on week 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't they always do this toward the end of beta testing? Leveling is faster on beta to facilitate testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryci View Post
    XP wasn't nearly as good as everyone says to be honest. I did Drustvar and Stormsong full quests with bonus objectives and got to 118 then finished 120 with Trigarde which is a really small zone compared to the other two. I also did all the war campaign that was available at certain levels. Obviously the XP was more than enough to get 120 maybe even a level more but it might not be that comfortable with the 15% increase on all levels except 111. Also did all the quests I came across with which means side quests that are not part of the main quest line.
    I did all the quests + War Campaign, and after Tirisgarde + Drustvar, and two dungeons, I was 120. Didn't even set foot into Stormsong yet. So yes, it was too easy to level. And that was without War Mode. A 15% increase is probably even lower then I might have imagined.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I said on the front page.

>people complaining about the leveling increases.

You realise this happens in literally every Beta. they purposefully undertune the amount of EXP need to get, watch to see how fast people progress through Zones and quest etc, then tune it accordingly?

It's as if people are surprised about something that has happened 7 times in the last 14 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you even have beta access or do you just start retarded threads out of impulse whenever they increase/decrease a number in the game?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    I mean, whatever on the AP grind. It's obvious padding.
    But the XP thing is weird. With the way story is designed now, you should just hit level cap by finishing the story.
    I got to 118 in beta with one full zone + one chapeter from another zone. I am doing all the quests I can find, but I would think I would at least hit 3 zone by 120, which won't be the case

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    "content" .
    They make stuff easy, people shout for it being too easy.

They make stuff more challenging/time-consuming, people shout for it being 'non-content'/too hard/silly yada yada.

No winning for the angry dead.

If players would be bored 2 weeks into the new expansion without AP, that says more about the quality of BFA than it does about the AP grind.
    And this is where the issue with the nonsensical and mostly funless BfA features comes into play.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Wasn't a nerf OP ... beta is set up to allow people to test things, so things happen quicker.

Standard practice, happens every expansion.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    They make stuff easy, people shout for it being too easy.

They make stuff more challenging/time-consuming, people shout for it being 'non-content'/too hard/silly yada yada.

No winning for the angry dead.
    Time-consuming =/= challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    It's also much easier to hit your daily/weekly goals now.
    THIS IS GREAT! The grind is now in the neck, so all speccs of a class will benefit from it. FInally i'm able to have twinks again xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Don't they always do this toward the end of beta testing? Leveling is faster on beta to facilitate testing.
    also, this is very relevant and true
    Last edited by Keren; 2018-07-06 at 07:52 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    THIS IS GREAT! The grind is now in the neck, so all speccs of a class will benefit from it. FInally i'm able to have twinks again xD
    Eh? It's fairly easy to maintain multiple chars in late Legion, prob starting 7.2/7.2.5. Do you play for 3hrs/week or something?

The 15% they added will wash for me since warmode gives me a 15% boost.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

this

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    Whining knows no limits on MMO-Champion!

1) They have done this nearly every beta for every expansion. XP rates are set generously to help people level up and test content in Alpha/Beta and then adjusted towards the end to something more realistic. They did the EXACT same thing in Legion's beta... and people whined about the huge anti-fun nerf then too (and promptly forgot about it obviously, as the same people are back whining again)

2) It's not a nerf when it was never live in the first place. Beta is a testing platform. They aren't nerfing anything when it's not something you've ever done before. Everyone is on the same even playing field when the game actually goes Live. It's like when they adjust numbers on new abilities... number tuning on beta is not the same as hotfixing in a nerf on Live to something people are already playing.
    Quoting for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Wasn't a nerf OP ... beta is set up to allow people to test things, so things happen quicker.

Standard practice, happens every expansion.
    Totally this.

I mean i even lvled with warmode off and hit max before finishing the main story. This is not an issue at all.

Also Azerite on beta is not grindy at all IMO. I unlocked all traits on my pieces easily and i didn't grind anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    So leveling as warmode with this change will feel the exact same as leveling without warmode before the change. I thought the point of playing with warmode was to level fast? No doubt the XP requirement increase is due to the fast pace in leveling with warmode on.

As if azerite wasn't already grindy enough. The only reasoning I can see for increasing it by up to 53% is to make it more of a initial grind.

*Players complain about Legion AP grinds

*Blizzard adds AP in BfA
    -Azerite gets nothing but negative feedback
    *Blizzard increases the AP needed near the end of the beta cycle.

I''m having difficulty understanding the logic in this. If you're getting negative feedback about AP grinding, where is the reasoning to suddenly make it 53% more grindy 1 month away from launch?

Despite negative feedback Blizzard expands upon an already repulsive idea by making it more repulsive
    Leveling without warmode was already way too fast, the nerf was expected for a long time. Azerite will just match the grind of AP. You are judging how much negative feedback they receive based on the posts of the minority of players who are on mmoc/reddit/etc. And even then, the azerite grind and what is acceptable is something they determine and not based on the feedback of the azerite system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Time-consuming =/= challenging.
    Not everything in MMO has to be challenging. Have you been on L2? Its just mindless grind. Glorified Vanilla was not challenging at all prior nax, just extremely time consuming for group forming/grinding items. Same with tbc, you had to grind EVERY FACTION to revered to get into all HC runs, which were challenging at first, but not the for rep. Time investment in MMORPG has been a thing since forever. People who want challenge and not to get bored should play dark souls, but you will get wastly less hours out of it, but you will get challeged. You want blizz to make wow last 2 years and be challenging/action packed all the time? Wrong genre mate... or you want 50 bosses raids to be a thing? Creating content and balancing it within so many other aspects of game/various different classes/specs with some classes having advantages over it is A LOT of work. Such a game would need more than 5 years of developement. Witcher 3 is a materpiece, 2 DLCs gave me 200 hours of pure joy. What is 200 hours for a gamer for 2 years? I can do 200 hours in wow in 3 months. 3 hours a day, 5 days a week is not even that much, or 2.2 hrs every day for 3 months is not even hardcore. How am I supposed to be challenged for a duration of a raid tier if I get cutting edge 3 months into a tier? More bosses/harder tunning? Then some other people will ztart screaming that it has to be nerfed, because my challenge is different to theirs.