Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Silvermoon and exodar have been wrecks more more reasons than a waste of resources, the fact they arent event in EK or KAL, in the files is one, but I dont expect you to understand computer programming.
    Dalaran isn't part of EK nor Kalimdor either and it had a face lift. You want to stop pretending you are high and mighty on your rising farts? If they give Night Elves and Forsaken new capitals you can be content in being right about one single thing. I doubt they will. Not in this expansion or the next.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

theres two dalarans.

5+ Year Old Account
    theres two dalarans.
    Correct. The new Dalaran is a facelift of the old. THey didn't give a visual update to the Exodar or Silvermoon because they are fucking lazy and uninterested. They gave Orgrimmar and Stormwind facelifts, they gave Dalaran a face lift, by way of a new model. They made another stinking human city with Boralus, they won't make a new Night Elf capital. If they do, I'm wrong, you're right. Wanna wager on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Losing is one thing but losing while humiliated in a story which is irrelevant and others are getting the development instead of them is another thing but if you like to be humiliated the circus is there for you.
    Retaking most of the land back and having a character everyone wanted to get the spotlight actually get the spotlight in the war campaign is humiliation. Ok sorry I dont think blizzard is going to make nelves racists to anyone that isnt horde for a long time, sorry they havent been racists since there slight in wc3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiving Sentinel View Post
    It's not untrue at all. The trade that took place a la Wrath was plenty sufficient for the Orcs. When it was cut off, things started getting quite hard.
    It was stated by thrall who says that the tensions where high because the warsong clan was pushing further into Azshara and Ashenvale because the night elves weren't giving them nearly enough wood. Once again this is the WHOLE reason the battleground Warsong gulch happens, Alliance tension has nothing to do with it because at the time they are still in somewhat good standing.

No, his ire was initially directed at the ALLIANCE.
    Once again no, he killed ANYTHING that stood in his way Be it Alliance, Nuteral 3rd parties (Bluedragons and Gilneas), and anything that acted aggressively (like Nightelves protecting their own lands). Like I said unless the nightelves had decided to join the horde at some point before Cata, they had land he wanted and he had no qualms about taking it. It didn't help that the warsong clan was already looting Ashenvale for resources and that the goblins had taken Azshara from the nighelves by force, something they where very mad about.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-07-06 at 06:08 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Retaking most of the land back and having a character everyone wanted to get the spotlight actually get the spotlight in the war campaign is humiliation.
    Shandris did nothing of note. Retaking the land involves sending out fat dwarves and yet more humans from the mission table to do something that should be played-through content. This is what I am saying about optics. The only people who know Night Elves aren't weak losers are people who familiarise themselves entirely with the lore. The problem is knowing this shit doesn't translate to anything in game. This is why destroying Ashenvale and Teldrassil are such slaps in the face. Ashenvale was won in Cataclysm, no updates not even a phase to show it safely in the hands of the Alliance, for the Alliance player (who played through the quests) and yet when it does get an update it's to show Astranaar being razed and the Horde pillaging their way into Darkshore and torching Teldrassil. It doesn't matter that they 'take all the land back' on the map. Darnassus is gone and no capital is replacing it. Additionally no Horde cities or towns in Kalimdor will be getting wiped out with phases showing their routing and defeat for the Horde player to see. This is where this thread comes in. What can be done, for the optics to improve for the Night Elves, because 'being faithful superfriends with humans!' isn't improving a bloody thing.
    Ok sorry I dont think blizzard is going to make nelves racists to anyone that isnt horde for a long time, sorry they havent been racists since there slight in wc3
    Night elves have never been racists. The egomaniacal attitude of the Highborne was foisted upon everyone, including fellow elves, hence their complete lack of restraint when it came to unleash the Legion upon their own people. You really like your humans and dwarves. Blue for lyf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    It was stated by thrall who says that the tensions where high because the warsong clan was pushing further into Azshara and Ashenvale because the night elves weren't giving them nearly enough wood. Once again this is the WHOLE reason the battleground Warsong gulch happens, Alliance tension has nothing to do with it because at the time they are still in somewhat good standing.
    and once again, now read this slowly, warsong gulch happens in classic, the events I'm talking about occur in wrath

Once again no, he killed ANYTHING that stood in his way Be it Alliance, Nuteral 3rd parties (Bluedragons and Gilneas), and anything that acted aggressively (like Nightelves protecting their own lands).
    That isn't true though. Gilneas was not neutral when the Forsaken invaded it at Garrosh's behest. The Blue Dragons were killed to get the focusing Iris as Garrosh was going off the deep end. Initially, like Wrath and early Cata, pre-theramore, he directed all his ire towards the Alliance and any one who went out of their way to be enemies of the Horde.
    Like I said unless the nightelves had decided to join the horde at some point before Cata, they had land he wanted and he had no qualms about taking it.
    AND he wouldn't have wanted the land if the trade continued AND even if he did they could take the battle on their terms, not be blindsided because Garrosh is mad at humans and their friends.
    It didn't help the the warsong clan was already looting Ashenvale for resources and that the goblins had taken Azshara from the nighelves by force, something they where very mad about.
    The goblins showed up with the Horde, but the Night Elves were already knocking on Orgrimmar's door. The Horde player takes it from there and goes all the way to Ashenvale, where the Alliance player comes in and undoes all the shit the Horde player does. I've seen both sides of the quests, have you? You think I don't play a Horde character or something? I have 3 110 Hordes...
    And to cap your comment about the Azshara zone, Tyrande simply gave it up, despite so victories over the Horde and Garrosh. Optics. And that is the optics of poor leadership

Except scumbag humans
    As much as I agree on the current Alliance, I have to disagree here. Every race has been watered down and stripped of its identity from classic. Since Metzen screwed up royally with the Draenei (oops I forgot the Eredar corrupted Sargy, lol), he had to come up with something for them and proceeded to wreck the humans. Nope, Draenei were paladins first! Church of the Light, nah, they had it first, with living windchimes of Light! They were always pushing for idealism and nobility, where dwarves would be more pragmatic, and nelves could be ruthless. Now, all are just bland blue flag guys, with the political situation completely reversed: a blue warchief and a red council of leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    And once again, now read this slowly, warsong gulch happens in classic, the events I'm talking about occur in wrath
    Ok and here is one in return [B] Trade was bad even back in classic, at no point did it ever get better, Warsong raiding parties are a testament to this.[B]

That isn't true though. Gilneas was not neutral when the Forsaken invaded it at Garrosh's behest. The Blue Dragons were killed to get the focusing Iris as Garrosh was going off the deep end. Initially, like Wrath and early Cata, pre-theramore, he directed all his ire towards the Alliance and any one who went out of their way to be enemies of the Horde.
    AND he wouldn't have wanted the land if the trade continued AND even if he did they could take the battle on their terms, not be blindsided because Garrosh is mad at humans and their friends.
    Gilnas was brought into the Alliance by the Nightelves, before this it was a neutral 3rd parity wanting to be left alone, Garrosh wanted it as a staging point to lay siege to Stormwind, he didn't give a dam about the people he killed to get the land he wanted. As for point two, ignoring the part I already answered, how again are the night elves going to have a better time of defending themselves against the Horde with less allies? Allies that in the books turned the tide of battle once Garrosh had unleashed mighty beats to aid him in his conquest? Hell given the situation the night elves where probably more prepared then they would have been if they had remained a 3rd party considering at least now they had some idea what Garrosh was capable of.

The goblins showed up with the Horde, but the Night Elves were already knocking on Orgrimmar's door. The Horde player takes it from there and goes all the way to Ashenvale, where the Alliance player comes in and undoes all the shit the Horde player does. I've seen both sides of the quests, have you? You think I don't play a Horde character or something? I have 3 110 Hordes...
    Why yes, yes I have, as a matter of fact I have completed the Horde side lore master twice (once in the classic world, once in Cata's zone by zone system), and the Alliance side 3 times (once in classic, twice in cata style). Past this I have probably done that zone a fair few more times lore master wise considering I have 36 toons level 100+ split about 60%A 40%H. I have also read every book, Comic, and short story (- the snowball fight children's book) they have published and have fully completed Warcraft's 1, 2 and 3.

As it goes the hordes standing in Ashenvale had been fairly constant after their defeat in the book (Not gaining any ground but holding on to their chunks of the forest, once the horde player shows up they help the war effort by pushing through most everything after which they send you to stone talon to bodyguard their new bomb. As an Alliance you take back some of the locations lost, and harry their forces around the zone some, but you to are also inevitably called to help out in stone talon before you can take back everything lost.

And to cap your comment about the Azshara zone, Tyrande simply gave it up, despite so victories over the Horde and Garrosh. Optics. And that is the optics of poor leadership
    She gave it up because she was lousing lands closer to home, why waste good soldiers trying to claim Azshara when Ashenvale is about to fall and Darkshore is starting to come under siege? If you are asking why she hasn't tried to get it back after MoP, it's a mix of two things, one being the truce that was made after SoO (which the Horde promptly brake shortly into WoD), and two being Blizzard dose not want to write any new story for Azshara (Or any zone if they can help it) because if they did they might have to update the zone and that seems more and more like something they try to avoid like the plague.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    As much as I agree on the current Alliance, I have to disagree here. Every race has been watered down and stripped of its identity from classic. Since Metzen screwed up royally with the Draenei (oops I forgot the Eredar corrupted Sargy, lol), he had to come up with something for them and proceeded to wreck the humans. Nope, Draenei were paladins first! Church of the Light, nah, they had it first, with living windchimes of Light! They were always pushing for idealism and nobility, where dwarves would be more pragmatic, and nelves could be ruthless. Now, all are just bland blue flag guys, with the political situation completely reversed: a blue warchief and a red council of leaders.
    I have to agree with this a lot. Each race prior to BC felt very unique (Albeit relying on fantasy tropes, but who doesn't), each having something to make them them, and all of them having some goods and some bads. In the end I will say that I do prefer the Alliance leaning more to the morally good side of the spectrum, but I wouldn't mind more Garithos's and Daelen's built into the world to add spice ether.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-07-06 at 07:07 AM.

Retaking most of the land back and having a character everyone wanted to get the spotlight actually get the spotlight in the war campaign is humiliation. Ok sorry I dont think blizzard is going to make nelves racists to anyone that isnt horde for a long time, sorry they havent been racists since there slight in wc3
    They retake most of the land? Like they did in Cataclysm, where it all happened in a book and the in-game version still has horde warmachines attacking that outpost and Silverwind refuge is still littered with Night elf corpses three expansions later?

Well, that more than makes up for getting steamrolled by the Horde in the beginning of BfA, which is of course the only part we’ll ever see in-game, so very much Night elf coolness to look forward to... /sarcasm

Killing inferior races with your barehands is a good start.

- - - Updated - - -

How and why?
    Reeeeeeeeeeeee
    Exactly.
    /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    https://i.imgur.com/y0TxQmA.jpg
    Killing inferior races with your barehands is a good start.
    I am likely in the minority, but I find that Night Elven armor in this image to be almost egregiously stupid for wearing on the field of battle. The entire abdomen and upper thighs exposed in the heat of battle? You're basically asking for a grievous chest-wound for someone to slash your femoral arteries open. I know these are Sentinel archers but they should at least be wearing full leather barding, and probably something with leaves and greenery added to help them hide amidst the trees and foliage.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I am likely in the minority, but I find that Night Elven armor in this image to be almost egregiously stupid for wearing on the field of battle. The entire abdomen and upper thighs exposed in the heat of battle? You're basically asking for a grievous chest-wound for someone to slash your femoral arteries open. I know these are Sentinel archers but they should at least be wearing full leather barding, and probably something with leaves and greenery added to help them hide amidst the trees and foliage.
    well, at least we see some female thighs so that's a plus.

now they need to use some new engine (Unreal Engine 4) so that it looks way better

besides, it makes them look more like Amazons.

btw, that image if from BfA, correct???

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    well, at least we see some female thighs so that's a plus.

now they need to use some new engine (Unreal Engine 4) so that it looks way better

besides, it makes them look more like Amazons.

btw, that image if from BfA, correct???
    In actual history, the Amazons (or the Scythians from whom the Amazon myths actually derive) wore both trousers and a leather tunic as befit their role as mounted archers, including a double-bearded axe for when melee was called for. But yes, those images are from BfA (the Darkshore/Teldrassil scenario to be exact) - and the armor is meant to hearken back to the armor worn by the Sentinel/Druid shown in the original WoW cinematic.

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

In actual history, the Amazons (or the Scythians from whom the Amazon myths actually derive) wore both trousers and a leather tunic as befit their role as mounted archers, including a double-bearded axe for when melee was called for. But yes, those images are from BfA (the Darkshore/Teldrassil scenario to be exact) - and the armor is meant to hearken back to the armor worn by the Sentinel/Druid shown in the original WoW cinematic.

good to know.

I was thinking more of a Wonder Woman style.

that female night elf from cinematic looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    good to know.

I was thinking more of a Wonder Woman style.

that female night elf from cinematic looks pretty good.
    I think the female night elves are based off them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Now now, are you telling me Night Elves weren't tree hugging hippies in WC3?

I don't get the melodrama and I don't see much difference between the two portrayals. This ofcourse doesn't mean that everything is "all right" with them: the way they have been shoehorned into the Alliance was undoubtely bad and now they can't stop talking about their human overlords. Give them some cultural identity and independence back and they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I like the idea of them sweeping down from Ashenvale through the Barrens, turning it into a forest once more.

Maybe they take over Thunderbluff, and Grow a new world tree who's roots weave between the bluffs, driving the Tauren from Mulgore. Or perhaps the valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar is caved in by the orcs just to stop the Night elves from coming in. Tyrande just doesn't lead anymore outside of being a healer, have Malfurion too injured to do anything and have the military handled by Shandris who never mentions the true potential of humans ever again.
    Well, I would love to see them trying, given Wrathion's prediction regarding the entire Alliance wasting lives and resources on Thunder Bluff for a whole year. And hell, last thing I would want is for those tree-huggers to turn the entirety of the Barrens into those shitty oases in the southern side. Naralex and peeps have done enough damage already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think the female night elves are based off them.
    probably, yeah.

This is too much, but shirtless orcs are ok, get out of here, its a fantasy game, big spiky shoulders arent realist too.

- - - Updated - - -

and in actual history people fought naked too

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    How to recreate Warcraft III Night Elves?

...All alternate ideas are welcome.
    Play Warcraft III
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is too much, but shirtless orcs are ok, get out of here, its a fantasy game, big spiky shoulders arent realist too.
    I'm not sure I follow - you mean shirtless Orcs are okay (which I disagree with) or you're saying that I said shirtless Orcs are okay, which I didn't? I prefer my fantasy to be a bit more realistic than some, I suppose; I give magic and magitech elements a pass as fantastic bits, but there's little call for either Orcs or Elves or anyone else to wade into combat practically naked - it makes no sense in fantasy and it makes no sense in real life, either.

and in actual history people fought naked too
    In arenas and gladiatorial games, sure; which were more about theatricality and presentation than they were combat (historically gladiators were also the analog of professional athletes today). But you would be hard-pressed to find examples of cultures who went to war naked beyond paleolithic civilizations before the advent of basic armor. At has at times been used as a terror tactic, and sometimes formal duels are engaged in naked. Much of this is a product of Greek and early Roman art and sculpture, which depicted warriors and soldiers as naked as an artistic conceit - not necessarily truly representing how people dressed to go to battle.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-07-06 at 04:59 PM.