Thread: Spirit beasts

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Spirit beasts

Ok, so i got every single spirit beast in the game now

But the question is which one to use?

In your opinion which spirit beast bears the most prestige? Loque'nahak was defo the hardest one to get but it feels like every hunter and their mother uses him

I tamed Loque back in Lich and she's still my go-to.

Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    Ok, so i got every single spirit beast in the game now

But the question is which one to use?

In your opinion which spirit beast bears the most prestige? Loque'nahak was defo the hardest one to get but it feels like every hunter and their mother uses him
    imho - Loque has the most prestige, which is why every Hunter and their mother uses him. Now, if you just want one that not many people use, then use the ones you see least often.

Heh,I didn't even know Loque was so rare when I tamed him,was just wandering around Sholazar when I saw him and thought he looked cool,the hate whispers were epic when I got back to Dal.

I think Gara is pretty cool and my go to.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Now, if you just want one that not many people use, then use the ones you see least often.
    I never see people use Ghostcrawler. Maybe for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Loque is my favourite, the chances of seeing very many Spirit Beasts during BfA are very slim since they don't fall into the ferocity family (unless there's an option to skin swap like you can do to Hati!). I don't see too many BM hunters giving up a bloodlust and 10% leech for some extra health and a damage reduction CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I think Gara is pretty cool and my go to.
    As a void elf i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    I don't see too many BM hunters giving up a bloodlust and 10% leech for some extra health and a damage reduction CD.
    You might see it being used in high mythic+ where damage reduction cooldowns can prevent 1 shot mechanics on high keys, and turtle isn't always frequent enough. Or in a scenario like Aggramar flame rend soaking - the damage comes in a burst so being able to survive with extra hp and 20% reduction might save your life, leech is good if you don't insta die - and in raids you can count you'd have a mage for bloodlust, especially when leggo ring is gone so they won't have to be stingy with it.

Deleted
    Actually ferocity is pretty bad for BM since kill command and pet attacks do not leech for you, they leech for the pet. You only leech 10 % of the damage YOU do with equals to like... iduuno the ration atm... but it is not much.(in short that 10% leech is more like 2-3%)

I either use Loq, Skoll or Karoma and I see Karoma the least with other BM hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    While Loque is my favourite, the chances of seeing very many Spirit Beasts during BfA are very slim since they don't fall into the ferocity family (unless there's an option to skin swap like you can do to Hati!). I don't see too many BM hunters giving up a bloodlust and 10% leech for some extra health and a damage reduction CD.
    Thats very true, I would love to see a skin swap option like Hati has in BfA.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ban'thalos is one of my go to pets when I play BM.

Deleted
    Loque'Nahak my *** fav!

That NOISE, ROAWWWWWRRR!

Rest.

Deleted
    Gara is my favorite, allthough I own almost all of them. May change to the loa tiger if it becomes a tamable spirit beast at some point.

Been using Skoll this xpac cause of how Skoll and Hati are related so it made sense but if we dont get to keep Hati then iam going back to Loq'nahak.

It still the most beautiful pet in the game IMO

Deleted
    How easily are they to get? I am leveling my hunter up for BFA and have to tame atleast one of 'em. Just afk with NPC-scan? Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Asselity View Post
    How easily are they to get? I am leveling my hunter up for BFA and have to tame atleast one of 'em. Just afk with NPC-scan? Any tips?
    If you need "just 1" go to Suramar and tame one of the mana cats. They count as spirit beasts and are normal mobs (not rare). Especially plentiful in moonguard stronghold and near the river south of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asselity View Post
    I have like 6 of them by just going to their spawn spot. Got lucky with spirit moose (Legion) and spectral gryphon. Honestly very easy, just a pain that the hyjal ones are phased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Yeah, I'm really bummed about that too. The Tenacity family buffs are worse than Ferocity ones FOR TANKING. I mean if you're trying to tank a boss with your pet, the mitigation cooldown could be useful, but very few people actually do that. So now we have an entire expansion where my BM hunter won't be using any of the spirit beasts I've collected over the past 10 years. I'm pretty unhappy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, I'm really bummed about that too. The Tenacity family buffs are worse than Ferocity ones FOR TANKING. I mean if you're trying to tank a boss with your pet, the mitigation cooldown could be useful, but very few people actually do that. So now we have an entire expansion where my BM hunter won't be using any of the spirit beasts I've collected over the past 10 years. I'm pretty unhappy about that.
    Didn't the stat squish buff the spirit mend to the point it went from "waste of focus" to actually useful heal you can use on yourself (or the pet if mend isn't enough)? I've heard it's decent on beta, wouldn't that be good for soloing? No other pet type has that ability.