Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    While that one in particular wasn't too scary for me (since it wasn't very indicative of most alleged abductions), that genre in general is the scariest for me. Alien abduction is a terrifying idea to play with.

Another one is Dark Skies (2013).

[/video]
    Damn the parts at the end of the trailer, yeah, not much freaks me out but yeah, something about that scream.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    Let's hear it, what is your most horrifying movie you've ever seen? Post whatever movie terrified you the most and give a reason why. I'll start.

"The Ring". Watched this movie as a kid and till this day nothing has come close to the amount of fear and trauma this put me through. I was actually a huge fan of horror movies as a kid and nothing really scared me, but this was something else. It didn't depend on jump scares because it has such a terrifying atmosphere that really disturbed your mind constantly throughout the movie. It was the first time I actually felt fear watching a film and caused me to literally be afraid of my telephone ringing. Sad the second one couldn't even compare.
    The Howling, Silver Bullet and any other werewolf movie; not so much because they were scary but because my dad hid under my bed or in the closet whenever we watched werewolf movies and would scare the hell out of me. Once he even pulled me off the bed and underneath and I was screaming bloody murder while my mom almost collapsed on the ground laughing. I still don't like the dark to this day and I am 34 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only movie I remember that actually scared me was Fire In The Sky. The one had me messed up for a minute.

There's another low budget "found footage" abduction movie on Netflix, I forgot the name of it.

A family comes up a tunnel with a bunch of abandoned cars. It's basically a trap spot set up for the most ruthless grays ive ever seen in a movie.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-07-06 at 07:07 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

"Fleisch" (1979).

I was a tiny kid and my mom let me watch a movie about organ harvesting. Thanks, mom!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first movie which really got a hold of me was Aliens. I remember watching it when I was 7 and the part which freaked me out the most was when Bishop stepped in the puddle then got split in half by the Queen. Not sure why it was this scene and not, say, the scene from the reactor where they're coming out of the god damn walls but it is what it is.

Overall though?

I'd have to think about that.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-07-06 at 07:13 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Probably already said, but... Alien

The cat...

The ...Medbay chestburster scene - if you're a film fan the story of the cast arriving on set and briefly wondering why the crew and cameras are covered in plastic sheeting is hilarious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The first movie which really got a hold of me was Aliens. I remember watching it when I was 7 and the part which freaked me out the most was when Bishop stepped in the puddle then got split in half by the Queen. Not sure why it was this scene and not, say, the scene from the reactor where they're coming out of the god damn walls but it is what it is.

Overall though?

I'd have to think about that.
    Its game over man, game over.

Aliens is fantastic, one of the few sequels that is actually better than it's predecessor.

Going to agree with the witch that movie also had an incredibly disturbing vibe especially the ending. Amazing movie
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Audriele View Post
    As a kid, Darkness Falls. My mom wanted me to watch it with her, and I couldn't sleep with the damn light off for a month.
    Which is hilarious, because past the first like, 15 minutes of the movie, the rest of the movie isn't that good.

Really cool intro though, with the witch floating above the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    1 scene in Lake Mungo.

That's it.
    Oh, is it the cell phone footage? The whole movie is pretty well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Which is hilarious, because past the first like, 15 minutes of the movie, the rest of the movie isn't that good.

Really cool intro though, with the witch floating above the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, is it the cell phone footage? The whole movie is pretty well done.
    Yep, the cell phone footage, with the overlay audio of her talking to the shrink. That's the only thing I've ever seen in any film that has ever truly chilled me to the bone. For some reason it really resonated with me, that somewhere, in some remote part of the planet, maybe near you, your own death is looking for you, because ultimately your death has already happened and you just haven't caught up to it yet.

It's a mind fuck and it really scared me.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2018-07-06 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, the cell phone footage, with the overlay audio of her talking to the shrink. That's the only thing I've ever seen in any film that has ever truly chilled me to the bone. For some reason it really resonated with me, that somewhere, in some remote part of the planet, maybe near you, your own death is looking for you, because ultimately your death has already happened and you just haven't caught up to it yet.

Yeah, it's really well done.

Lake Mungo came out at a great time, since had it been made a few years later, they would have cut all the sound until the footage and then go bbbBBBBLLAAAHHHHHHH LOUD SOUND SCARY, which would have fucked the scene up.

I liked Event Horizon a lot--I haven't seen it recently, so I don't know how it stands up to the test of time. I also enjoyed 24 Days Later and 24 Weeks Later.

One of my favorite scenes of all time, from whatever genre, is the beginning of 24 Weeks Later. Whew, that's some tense stuff.

Blair Witch Project. Most horror films are ridiculously over the top/campy so it doesn't seem real. That final scene and the implication of what remained unshown was what did it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to have to watch this, sounds decent.

Jurassic Park
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Scariest movie of all time when I was younger and watched Nightmare on Elm street. Evil dead comes in as a close second.

Watership down.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutjob View Post
    The Exorcist 1973

My own imagination after watching the film was what scared me the most.
    At least i could pull the sheets up round my neck to protect myself from Dracula.
    Watched it at a young age so thats my excuse.
    Same but I didn't see it then, only when they re-released it on vhs in the 90s, and it scared the crap out of me.
    #boycottchina

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Horrible to say, Killer Clowns from outer space. >.< Friend brought it to a sleepover and it messed me up to this day. I'm a huge baby when it comes to any kind of horror but the over the top monsters for some reason really hit me hard!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm going to have to watch this, sounds decent.
    It's not a very well known film since it's an indie film from Australia. I heard about it from Red Letter Media when Jay mentioned how it's actually spooky as opposed to startling which you often find with jump scares and shit like that. It's subtle and uncomfortably genuine.

You'd almost think it's an actual documentary.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Its game over man, game over.
    It's mostly a goldmine for awesome quotes. Mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It's hard to say because a jump scare is a jump scare and they do get me most of the time whether the movie is good or bad. The creepy tension factor I just enjoy.

Maybe not the scariest, but the most disturbing movie I ever watched was The Flowers of War. Real horror and gore.