Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The Executioner at level 1 seems pretty crazy on its own. And then you combine it with the slow talent at 7 and you're a god in terran form.
    While this is true I personally think that Veteran Marksman is a better talent. It gives a stacking buff every time you hit with pepper that increases it's damage (and as it's splash damage hits for a % of it's damage it increases that too) late game you have an 4th AA that can end up hitting harder than Nova's explosive snipe and the attack speed to pump it out scarily fast.

I got the above pentakill screenshot with this talent combined with Bounty Hunter (gives pepper giant killer, an armour boost for you and makes it activatable) which is a brutal combo when the enemy are in a choke point (as they were because they had just done the boss and were exiting the boss area). The talent combo allows you to open fire (causing your banshee to follow suit) proc pepper for massive damage to the main target and massive splash damage to the whole team, then hit D to do it again.

Using this I had globalled Sylv before the team even realised they were being ambushed by one dude, I was then able to finish of Zagara and use a Penetrating Round to knockback the remaining three killing Tychus before Deckard had a chance to heal either. That left me alone with Deckard and Leoric, and I was able to kill Deckard quicker than he could heal himself before finally turning my attentions to Leoric, a warrior, who I then burned down due to having (IIRC) comparable health to him due to my lolworthy stacks of Behemoth Armor (Gain 250 Health. Increase this by 5 every time you hit a Hero with Acquire Weak Spot) and more self healing than him due to my Fuel The Rush (triples the rate of CD reduction on E from basic attacks while W is up).

Granted they had just had a boss so weren't all on full HP and their heroics were on CD (or they just didn't live long enough to press them), but it was 5v1 lol. Busted as ****

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    While this is true I personally think that Veteran Marksman is a better talent. It gives a stacking buff every time you hit with pepper that increases it's damage (and as it's splash damage hits for a % of it's damage it increases that too) late game you have an 4th AA that can end up hitting harder than Nova's explosive snipe and the attack speed to pump it out scarily fast.
    True, but with Ace, EVERY bit of damage you do is increased by 35%. Every single AA you make, your Q, even your banshee will all be hitting harder. How high did you manage to stack your talent by endgame, do you recall?

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    All the damage in the world won't account for shit if the enemy team get's an email two weeks prior of when and where it will land.
    Lol, this

It feels awesome to get a skill-shot in, this is depriving that crucial Azzy feel

Azmodan was one of my favs for a while until the wife and I started playing Cho'Gal who decimates everyone lol, nice to see the updates though!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

It actually annoys me quite a bit that Raynor even made it to PTR in this form, he's clearly overtuned and it's obvious after 10 minutes in a game with him.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It actually annoys me quite a bit that Raynor even made it to PTR in this form, he's clearly overtuned and it's obvious after 10 minutes in a game with him.
    Kinda hoping that he only went on the PTR like this to give testers a laugh, and he'll get the nerf hammer shortly before going live.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Haven't played him on PTR, is the problem with talents or is he scaling too good or what is his problem? Asking because AA aren't that often used in current meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by B4lmung View Post
    Haven't played him on PTR, is the problem with talents or is he scaling too good or what is his problem? Asking because AA aren't that often used in current meta.
    Damage gets too brutal too early. Executioner at lvl 1, followed by a talent that gives him permanent uptime on it at 7.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Damage gets too brutal too early. Executioner at lvl 1, followed by a talent that gives him permanent uptime on it at 7.
    Yeah the executioner is trouble but what is with the rest? marksman build fine or also too strong? I don't care what they nerf after a week or two

15+ Year Old Account
    So I've been playing with some Veteran Marksman builds rather than Ace, just to mix it up... there's inconsistencies between the talent tooltip and the stack counter tooltip.

Talent says damage gets buffed by 0.75% per stack, but the stack counter says 1% per stack. Not just down to rounding either, when I have 40 stacks it says 40% bonus, not 30%.

Does anyone know if this is a talent tooltip error, and the increase is actually 1%, or if it's a stack count error?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I've played the new azmo now a whole day. He's my main (besides abathur) and I think he's fine. The old lazer build will be missed, but the lazer is better now if you don't go for an lazerbuild. Except that one thing that you can't meld a Tower before the first creep wave comes anymore. But you are now in the middle to collect stacks anyway.

Skilling him feels better and worse at the same time. You can't go for a full summoner build anymore and you can't go for a whatever build anymore. The only changes are now from the Ults. Everything else is just the same and doesn't really change the gameplay.
    t1
    Wanna increase the dunk, the dunk or the dunk?
    t2
    Do you want a build with more demons, more demons or.. more demons?
    etc...

So the good and the bad thing is. Everything just gets utility. The Ball is always strong, the demons are always strong, the global demon is always strong. Even without talents. So you don't need to decide anymore if you are a running catapult or a summoner. You are both now. Always.
    With this azmo pushes lines now much faster and he is better in teamfights (except you went for lazerbuild, the lazer was better in a lot of situations)

10+ Year Old Account
    Played around with Raynor a bit... Even half asleep and super jetlagged, he's still a strong hero, will be fun to see what I can do when I'm at 100%! Also... fekkin about in Try Me, didn't realise his Marksman can stack up to 9001 XD. It's fun being able to hit for 30k every 4th hit!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Azmodan used to be a lot of fun before they changed him over a year ago.

Blizzard are trash developers.
    Ok, show us your multi-billion dollar gaming company. Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't do or teach, critique emptily.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ok, show us your multi-billion dollar gaming company.
    That's...not a good argument. I have never directed or starred in a movie. Am I not allowed to say Twilight is not a good movie? I am not a chef, in fact, I am a terrible cook. Does that mean I can't say anything if I ask for a medium rare steak and I'm brought a tough, blackened piece of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That's...not a good argument. I have never directed or starred in a movie. Am I not allowed to say Twilight is not a good movie? I am not a chef, in fact, I am a terrible cook. Does that mean I can't say anything if I ask for a medium rare steak and I'm brought a tough, blackened piece of meat?
    Check the comment I was responding to. Imagine someone not liking TLJ and just posting on the forums "Disney is a trash developer." Obvious not since they've been making things millions of people have been loving for decades. But no. They're trash. Because this one thing is not liked.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    After 30 games in the last 2 days I've to say both are really strong at the moment. I play marksman build on Raynor, executioner is too much bait for my skills Azmo with gluttony.

Raynor needs a nerf and Azmo globe way way slow and it easy to dodge and it makes me frustrated that I can't complete the quest with this slowness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Raynor needs a nerf and Azmo globe way way slow and it easy to dodge and it makes me frustrated that I can't complete the quest with this slowness.
    You can't long range it anymore. You have to cast it in melee-medium range now.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    It's easy as hell to complete Azmo's quest...you just have to change your playstyle and understand that he is a close-mid range mage now, NOT a long distance dunk sniper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goes into QP to try out Raynor, gets 2 blind heroes on the other team, yay me.