Poll: Mage Tower FOS for completing all 36? Yay or nay?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes and there should be one for each class if you collected them all.

Ex.
    Weapons of the Farseer
    Weapons of the Battlelord
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Had they implemented the achievement from the start, sure, 100%.

Adding it "now", with 1-2 weeks before removal would make people very upset and i'd consider it a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Had they implemented the achievement from the start, sure, 100%.

Adding it "now", with 1-2 weeks before removal would make people very upset and i'd consider it a bad idea.
    I don't really see the issue considering FOS achievements don't give points.

I have done only my main - DHs challenges during ToS. Now with the artifact power boost I have done 24 total of those, including all tank ones (except brewmaster which I'm not going to do) and only holy paladin one of healers (although planning to do others too).

After artifact power boost my characters were 905-920 geared with 1 legendary + antorus legendary ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    How about completionists who would do all classes and specs had they known it would award them with a shiny achievement?
    S.H.

Yeah
    The 'No Life' title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

If they were going to add a FOS they should have done so from the start. Adding one in now - effectively after the fact given there's now less than 2 weeks until prepatch - wouldn't be great and I could see why it would upset people who collect FOS.

As I never had any intention of going for all of them, I'm not too bothered either way. It would be nice for players who did put the effort in to have something to show for it, although then again, perhaps the transmogs are reward enough...

Achievement completionists would be pissed. Who cares about points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievement completionists would be pissed. Who cares about points?
    Err, achievement completionists do.

Err, achievement completionists do.
    No, achievements completionists care about completing 100% of the achievements, Feat of Strength of not.

Having 20500 or 21420 points is irrelevant.

I'll even add that Feat of Strengths are the preferred achievements to complete, EVEN IF THEY REWARD NO POINTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, achievements completionists care about completing 100% of the achievements, Feat of Strength of not.

Having 20500 or 21420 points is irrelevant.
    I'm sure the actual completionists are exactly the ones that have already completed all 36 so your point is pretty irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    to add in an achieve from the get go is one thing

to add the achieve during the last few days of the expac, idk mate - I think it would be pretty SHITTY for those completionists

just imo..

Just a note - you have one answer missing from the poll that probably should be there.

"YES I think there should be an achievement, and if there was I would be compelled to complete all 36".

I have all but 1 of the weapons I actually want (am working on the last one I actually care about now), but I would be compelled to do the other 6 that I think are ugly or just poor models if there was an FoS or a title or something. That way there is an actual payoff for doing the ones I will never transmog to.

I think it would have been fine to have a FOS if they added it earlier, but it's too late now. I think they should try to avoid adding new achievements that can no longer be completed.

No. Mage Tower is not hard. Some people just don't have time to level all the classes up and get them geared enough. Not really fair to those people.

What should the achievement be called though?

Beaten 36 ways from Sunday
    Mage Tower Destroyed
    Tower Record

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    to add in an achieve from the get go is one thing

to add the achieve during the last few days of the expac, idk mate - I think it would be pretty SHITTY for those completionists

just imo..
    They did it before. A lot of accomplishments in vanilla got retroactive achievements.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Sure, why not? I haven't finished all 36 and have no plans on trying, but it's an enormous feat and I wouldn't mind seeing some recognition for those that put in the effort. That being said, I don't think it'll be a slap in the face if they don't add anything. The appearances are reward enough.
    dont exagerate - it was a feat of trength in 900 itlv - but most of people who completed it did it in 970+

i would agree to it for people who did it pre-tomb of sargeras. then sure they deserve such FoS

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No. Mage Tower is not hard. Some people just don't have time to level all the classes up and get them geared enough. Not really fair to those people.
    Nobody cares if some people don't have enough time to do them all, that's their problem.

There's no problem at all in adding the achievement now, if you didn't care to complete all mage towers, why would you care about the achievement in the first place? "Completionists" that don't really complete the content, yea right.

Sure, It cant hurt anything. Kudos to the players who invested the time to do this, as its a feat I couldn't see myself investing time in to.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Nobody cares if some people don't have enough time to do them all, that's their problem.

There's no problem at all in adding the achievement now, if you didn't care to complete all mage towers, why would you care about the achievement in the first place? "Completionists" that don't really complete the content, yea right.
    Blizzard cares because this won't become a FoS. Maybe 1 but not 36

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Blizzard cares because this won't become a FoS. Maybe 1 but not 36
    If blizz cared about people not having enough time to complete content and not giving achievements for such things, then we would not have achievements for mythic raiding.

Again, that's your problem if you don't have enough time to complete X or Y content.