Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This is less about race and more about culture though or rather cultural difference between Latinos and blacks in varying places of the country.

A black person say telling another black person to go back where they belong for instance would be cultural and ethnocentric
    Or these particular people just hate Latinos.

Seems like a strong chance based on words and actions.

This is less about race and more about culture though or rather cultural difference between Latinos and blacks in varying places of the country.
    You're not introducing a point, you're just reiterating your opening line. For instance, do you have a way of separating racism and racist beliefs shared among a group of people from their culture? I just don't see why you say it's "culture" when cultures can obviously be racist. And what kind of "cultural difference" between Latinos and blacks exist? On top of this, which exist to the point that those two cultures are incompatible?

edit: when you say "this" I assume you mean the topic in general. I thought the story in question mentioned their explicit racist words and intentions.

The irony of black people not only voting for Trump, but also being racist towards Hispanics...

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    The irony of black people not only voting for Trump, but also being racist towards Hispanics...
    And we have another for the blame Trump wagon.

Is he really the Master of Puppets? Is he pulling our strings?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You're not introducing a point, you're just reiterating your opening line. For instance, do you have a way of separating racism and racist beliefs shared among a group of people from their culture? I just don't see why you say it's "culture" when cultures can obviously be racist. And what kind of "cultural difference" between Latinos and blacks exist? On top of this, which exist to the point that those two cultures are incompatible?
    Honestly this seems like a really dumb common sense issue. The issue isn’t racism within a culture but cultural differences leading to viewing someone as “the other” leading to animosity. The issues in California specifically deal with black and Latino gang issues.

The same kind of cultural differences that exist between Jamaicans and black Americans and Dominicans and Puerto Rican’s (who all share a similar culture by the way) which goes to food music and upbringing.

I’m not sure why you’re so hostile and want to argue basic things.

Fighting isn’t the culture but animosity to others due to differing cultures can spark violence. As a mixed immigrant Afro Latino I do indeed see it.

sounds like it was definitely racially motivated.

long while back, you used to hear about a lot of racism between mexicans and blacks around here. idk what caused it.

is the old guy ok? it's a shitty thing to have happened.

Brown Is The New Black? Gotta jump on that hate redirect train.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Racism from blacks to Latinos and Latinos to blacks in California is well known. Mostly due to gang violence. This issue is almost nonexistent on the east coast where black and Latinos may end up in the same gangs or the Latino gangs have blacks because they’re say Dominican or Puerto Rican gangs over Central American gangs ergo they have a higher Afro Latino population.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And we have another for the blame Trump wagon.

Is he really the Master of Puppets? Is he pulling our strings?
    He seems to be pulling yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean black people were one of the last demographic holdouts for gay marriage support, so it's not really surprising. People have a short memory of things that don't benefit them.
    Shh. Don't remind people that just about every group hates another group for absurd reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Brown Is The New Black? Gotta jump on that hate redirect train.
    Pretty much.

It's a case of "Hey, as long as it's not MY kind being hated upon!".

He seems to be pulling yours.
    It's weird how Trump mind controlled people into hitting someone with a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's weird how Trump mind controlled people into hitting someone with a brick.
    Trump's hateful rhetoric coupled with winning the election, inspired hundreds of thousands of equally hateful individuals and showed them that their hatred is OK to flaunt in the open.

But please, do keep trying to apologize for his sake, I'm sure he's going to thank you in person.

Honestly this seems like a really dumb common sense issue. The issue isn’t racism within a culture but cultural differences leading to viewing someone as “the other” leading to animosity. The issues in California specifically deal with black and Latino gang issues.
    Yeah, that's called racism.
    The same kind of cultural differences that exist between Jamaicans and black Americans and Dominicans and Puerto Rican’s (who all share a similar culture by the way) which goes to food music and upbringing.
    You're saying the men beat the hispanic man because of food and music? LOL.
    I’m not sure why you’re so hostile and want to argue basic things.
    I"m not sure why you perceive me to be "so hostile". Did I offend you somehow by my basic questions and obvious statements about black and hispanic racism?
    Fighting isn’t the culture but animosity to others due to differing cultures can spark violence. As a mixed immigrant Afro Latino I do indeed see it.
    Right, and the "different cultures" (which is yet to be defined by you, not sure why) is just cover for their ethnic and racial prejudice.

So your argument is that the people who were hiding their hate because of fear of social stigma were now empowered to hit people with bricks, because Trump took away that social stigma?

Is that really your argument? I mean if this was people calling someone a wetback or telling them go gtfo the country it might be a different story, but it's not..
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8055026.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...rumps-election

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5991b21e75e8

And so on and so forth. Not only is it a thing around election years, but this time around the President is quite different from the previous winners.

How anyone can look at Trump and his rhetoric, and believe that he's inspired good in people, is beyond me. And I frankly, don't care to understand such levels of stupidity.

The same thing is happening on a macro level in Sweden, until a person from the political party seen as the voice of X hate groups came out and spoke in harsh terms against their views. Now, that party and the politicians are "race traitors".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-07-07 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So your argument is that the people who were hiding their hate because of fear of social stigma were now empowered to hit people with bricks, because Trump took away that social stigma?

Is that really your argument? I mean if this was people calling someone a wetback or telling them go gtfo the country it might be a different story, but it's not..
    Shh, don't tell her hates crimes have existed before anybody on the planet living right know were even a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8055026.html

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...rumps-election

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5991b21e75e8

And so on and so forth. Not only is it a thing around election years, but this time around the President is quite different from the previous winners.

How anyone can look at Trump and his rhetoric, and believe that he's inspired good in people, is beyond me. And I frankly, don't care to understand such levels of stupidity.
    There were 8,759 hate crimes reported to the FBI in 1996

with 6,121 incidents reported the FBI last year

Wow, fuckin bill clinton. Must have been the worst president of all time.

Trump's hateful rhetoric coupled with winning the election, inspired hundreds of thousands of equally hateful individuals and showed them that their hatred is OK to flaunt in the open.

But please, do keep trying to apologize for his sake, I'm sure he's going to thank you in person.
    Oh dear. This feels like Team America World Police.

America was this wonderful place of peace and Harmony until Ttump won.

I didn't say that lol. I said he didn't inspire people who wouldn't otherwise do so to hit people in the face with bricks or beat the shit out of people or murder people.
    Well, you can continue believing that if you want.

Politics are a real thing, so is feeling strengthened by seeing ones own values gain traction and win a Presidential Election of USA.

So my point stands, the irony of black people in the USA of all places, feeding into that rhetoric and those values. And no, pointing it out in this case, doesn't mean I'm saying it never happened before. That's your own mental gymnastics.

Well, you can continue believing that if you want.

Politics are a real thing, so is feeling strengthened by seeing ones own values gain traction and win a Presidential Election of USA.

So my point stands, the irony of black people in the USA of all places, feeding into that rhetoric and those values. And no, pointing it out in this case, doesn't mean I'm saying it never happened before. That's your own mental gymnastics.
    Except you claimed this people were afraid to do anything until Trump won.

Bonus points: I guess Black racism is Obama's fault since he inspired peopld.

Imagine how much of a subhuman coward one must be to beat up nonagenarians.