Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    -Darksiders: I really liked both games in the series. Yeah, they are clichés incarnate but they used said clichés well and both games played smoothly too. I had a lot of fun in the sequel's arena mode.
    Fully agree - i love the serie, despite not being really original it basically is a Zelda and God of War mashup. I was really sad hearing about the issues that were bringing the franchise to a stop (since the story is just tailored to span over 4-5 games) but i was also super hyped (and still am) when i heard Darksiders 3 will be made and i'm just waiting patiently at this point.

I'll also go with Sands of Destruction. Pretty unknown and standard jprg, though i loved the character and the story, plus it made use of the DS dual screen fully (as you had enemies flying and on ground) so combat was really awesome for me. I never actually finished it, i suppose i'll get my hands on it again

EDIT: i think i should also add Diablo 3/RoS. I'm EXTREMELY critic about it, but it's not that i didn't like or play it - i clocked more than 1000 hours. It definitely kept me on it for quite a while and i suppose i'm going to reinstall somewhere in the future when i've got nothing else to play. It has definitely very big core design issues which RoS tried to solve and actually managed to do it but with the tradeoff of killing longevity by an incredible amount, which i simply didn't expect.

Hopefully with the next Diablo they manage to create a balance between the gear and progression/build system.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-07-06 at 01:30 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too Human

Played and enjoyed it quite a bit when it came out, despite reviews for it being pretty meh. Wish it would have sold better so the planned sequels were made, I feel like they could could have improved it quite a bit and it could have gotten much better with each subsequent game.

But we'll never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Mass Effect Andromeda. It's an 8/10 game despite the children's whines about bugs and SJW agenda. I mean bugs?! Really?! You can tell these whiners never played anything from Ubisoft or Bethesda, THOSE are buggy games and are also never fixed.

SJW agenda? Where? Other than some gay guys, I didn't see anything. I'm not a lefty personally either.
    of course you can't because you have blinders on and refuse to look at the game's criticism in the context or hear out the validity and instead just resort to childish ad hominem attacks and insults.

also the story in it is pretty mediocre and substandard. it made me 3's story look solid by comparison and that's a fucking accomplishment.

as for me i enjoyed wrath of the lich king.
    also i really liked elder scrolls oblivion. have so many thousand's of hours with game both modded and unmodded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Time Splitters 2.
    One of the best shooters ever.
    wait what? how was timesplitters 2 NEGATIVELY RECIEVED?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-07-08 at 03:47 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    90% Metascore is too low!
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Oh, another I found while browsing my Steam library: Warhammer 40k Space Marine. Well it wasn't negatively received so much as met with middling acclaim, but I thought it nailed the combat. You're not a fragile, speedy Devil May Cry protagonist or whatever, you're a plodding Spess Mehreen whose steps make the ground shake as you slaughter the enemies of the Emprah with chainsaw swords and heavy bolters and recover your health not by taking cover like some pansy from Call of Duty, but by executing xenos and heretics up close and personal in a wonderfully animated orgy of carnage and destruction.

It might not be the most original game, but damn if didn't succeed at making the player feel like the baddest motherfucker on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Man's Sky.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Sonic Heroes

What goes up must come down
    Yet my feet don't touch the ground... this song will be stuck in my head for eternity!

Game of Thrones - the RPG. Apparently the negative reception mainly stemmed from the console releases being buggy. But when I played it on PC there were pretty much no bugs. The story was great, the combat was Dragon Age-inspired and really fun - it was just a generally fun game with some really unique ideas.

lol at all the people shilling for ME:Andromeda, saying the criticism was unwarranted. As if a bad plot and terrible animations to look at aren't big enough deal breakers lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    No Mans Sky. Game was quite a bit of fun to play while listening to some music in background, I wish it was more than launched but still enjoyed.
    Actually looks kinda good with the new patch coming out. Might buy it then.

-snib-

also i really liked elder scrolls oblivion. have so many thousand's of hours with game both modded and unmodded.
    -snab-
    Me too. There was just something magical about it that Skyrim lacked IMO and I don't know what/why, almost all my criticisms of it are present in Oblivion.

I actually liked ME: Andromeda too...I really hope that they will continue the franchise even after all the crap they got for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Too Human by Silicon Knights
    You understand.
    I never learned people disliked the game until years after playing it, and learning about the situation the game wound up in post-release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Arena Toshinden Remix for the Sega Saturn

Got it in early 1997 for $20, and enjoyed the hell out of it even after owning the graphically superior PSX version.

The Sega Saturn version added in a cheesy and fully voiced story mode for each character that I really enjoyed at the time as well as a few extra goodies.

The Ellis and Eiji stage music are forever favorites for fighting game stage music.

Plus Ellis' victory shout is one of those things I still enjoy, find overly funny, and have used a few times over the years at odd moments to confuse people (same with Mega Man 8's Tengu Man's battle shout "Feel my power!"):

I also owned and enjoyed Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer for the Neo Geo CD, even more so just for Shaia's epic stage graphics and music:

I also owned the anime DVDs for both. VHS as well

Edit: Oh, I still have the Toshinden anime DVD. The Gowcaizer DVD seems to ave grown legs and walked off somewhere. Shame, it was a much more entertaining as an anime than a game. :/
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-07-08 at 07:24 AM.

of course you can't because you have blinders on and refuse to look at the game's criticism in the context or hear out the validity and instead just resort to childish ad hominem attacks and insults.

also the story in it is pretty mediocre and substandard. it made me 3's story look solid by comparison and that's a fucking accomplishment.

- - - Updated - - -

isn't wrath of the Lich king one of the best recived expacs for WoW? its the one that managed to get the most subscribers, has some of the best raids in the game and didn't really start getting discontented criticism at the tail end of expac where they both mishandled the gear creep and had somewhat long periods of content drought.. which hilarious compared to more recent periods of content drought were pretty darn mild.

the whole "wrath baby thing and negativity didn't happen until long AFTER that expac. at the time it came out, it was pretty darn well received as far as i remember.

Condemned 2, not as good as Condemned: Criminal Origins but still enjoyed it.

Condemned 3 needs to happen.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Was about list bunch of games, but then realized they were received pretty well (on Metacritic at least), the only few that somehow can still stay are:
    Alpha Protocol, DA2, Hitman: Absolution, Prince of Persia (2008), VTMB. And all except alpha protocol have about 80, so even that is moot, as I think 80 is not negatively received.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    lol at all the people shilling for ME:Andromeda, saying the criticism was unwarranted. As if a bad plot and terrible animations to look at aren't big enough deal breakers lmao
    Imagine people having different opinions. What a world that would be!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Daikatana for the N64. Really bad game, but I thought it was fun when I was a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Daikatana for the N64. Really bad game, but I thought it was fun when I was a kid.
    Thanks for reminding me, I also enjoyed Glover on the N64!