Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Russians are the main reason you don't do random BG's on EU servers.

They cheat at the olympics, they cheat in WoW's pvp.

How to win at random battlegrounds (IMHO):

1. Understand viable strategies for battlegrounds.
    2. Convince your group to follow you by being positive and offering valid, helpful advice.
    2b. The most crucial thing you can do is to call incomings, and call them early. Do everything you can to communicate to your team so that they have the tools they need to succeed. Call out when bases are abandoned or too lightly defended, or when your opponent's bases get left because they are bum-rushing something. Etc.
    3. If/when people disagree with you/troll you, don't throw a tantrum. Use /ignore and continue trying to get people to work together.
    3b. Likewise, realize that working together is more effective than splitting up the group if someone else has a slightly worse strategy that people are actively following.
    4. Never give up; play to win but have a good time regardless. You won't win 100% of the time, but that doesn't mean you need to be salty about every loss. (Personally, I will take an intensely fought game with a close loss over a steamroll win any day of the week. I like battles to be intense and fun; if they are boring, why play?)

I remember when I used to play Horde more actively a couple years back, people would cry about how unbalanced AV was for horde when the strategy for them to win was quite simple. I regularly convinced the raid to turtle at Galvangar for the first Alliance push into it and wipe their raid, then push forward... and doing this with some of that same group taking back towers as we pushed forward. We won 90% of the time when the raid followed this, because Alliance in this scenario didn't know how to adapt to this strategy (they were obsessed with taking Galvangar even though it didn't really matter).

Likewise, if I am on Alliance and I see Horde turtling at Galvangar, I let my raid know that they should skip them, and they often do when they realize that it is more intelligent to skip this useless boss.

Communication is key. But all of that communication is only effective if people are actually listening to you. If you throw a tantrum, people will ignore you (literally, even, with /ignore); all you will do is get frustrated and be useless to everyone. Sometimes you will come across bad players that will literally ignore everything you have to say despite that you are providing intelligent, helpful, positive advice; in those cases it's often better to just focus on having a good time rather than getting frustrated being the only person trying to win.

At worst, you can just wait for a loss and move on to the next battle if for instance the other faction has all objectives and is literally just camping your graveyard; I've had cases where I just hop around as a ghost until the battle ends rather than die repeatedly to overgeared players that are literally prolonging a battle for the sake of being little shits (doesn't happen much anymore since players are scaled up in PvP).

My two cents.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-07-08 at 05:09 PM.

Russians and no pvp gear vendor made me quit bg's in Legion. Since Russians will still be a thing in BfA I won't be playing any bg's next two years either.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    How to win at random battlegrounds (IMHO):

1. Understand viable strategies for battlegrounds.
    2. Convince your group to follow you by being positive and offering valid, helpful advice.
    2b. The most crucial thing you can do is to call incomings, and call them early. Do everything you can to communicate to your team so that they have the tools they need to succeed.
    3. If/when people disagree with you/troll you, don't throw a tantrum. Use /ignore and continue trying to get people to work together.
    3b. Likewise, realize that working together is more effective than splitting up the group if someone else has a slightly worse strategy that people are actively following.
    4. Never give up; play to win but have a good time regardless. You won't win 100% of the time, but that doesn't mean you need to be salty about every loss. (Personally, I will take an intensely fought game with a close loss over a steamroll win any day of the week.)

I remember when I used to play Horde more actively a couple years back, people would cry about how unbalanced AV was for horde when the strategy for them to win was quite simple. I regularly convinced the raid to turtle at Galvangar for the first Alliance push into it and wipe their raid, then push forward... and doing this with some of that same group taking back towers as we pushed forward. We won 90% of the time when the raid followed this, because Alliance in this scenario didn't know how to adapt to this strategy (they were obsessed with taking Galvangar even though it didn't really matter).

Likewise, if I am on Alliance and I see Horde turtling at Galvangar, I let my raid know that they should skip them, and they often do when they realize that it is more intelligent to skip this useless boss.

Communication is key. But all of that communication is only effective if people are actually listening to you. If you throw a tantrum, people will ignore you (literally, even, with /ignore); all you will do is get frustrated and be useless to everyone. Sometimes you will come across bad players that will literally ignore everything you have to say, in those cases it's often better to just focus on having a good time rather than getting frustrated.

At worst, you can just wait for a loss and move on to the next battle if for instance the other faction has all objectives and is literally just camping your graveyard; I've had cases where I just hop around as a ghost until the battle ends rather than die repeatedly to overgeared players that are literally prolonging a battle for the sake of being little shits (doesn't happen much anymore since players are scaled up in PvP).

My two cents.
    this thread isnt about winning bgs, its about avoiding russians in bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Nah bro.

You dont understand the struggle of european servers.

Random BG's against a full team of russians is a thing. And they win most of the time.

Its a thing here.

Sometimes we win...and we make a huge party in chat everytime
    it's only a thing because you don't play as a team and fuck around,so you lose,nothing to do with the nationality or how squiggly the letters in their names are

7+ Year Old Account
    Tears of non-Russian players are the primary food source for Russian gamers. Want to stop the pain, deny Russian players their primary food source.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    this thread isnt about winning bgs, its about avoiding russians in bgs.
    My advice is to play on US servers then.

This thread certainly seems to be about winning battlegrounds since the almost every post is about "If the other team is Russian, you will lose." This is a fallacy no matter how good you think they are.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-07-08 at 05:14 PM.

They should just have premades only face premades, that's the only reason they win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    My advice is to play on US servers then.

This thread certainly seems to be about winning battlegrounds since the almost every post is about "If the other team is Russian, you will lose." This is a fallacy no matter how good you think they are.
    At this point i just embrace it and make a mini game out of it.

But to be honest, im constantly saying i hate facing russians everytime i speak with my group of friends

Russians are known cheats. The Olympics, Ivan Drago in Rocky 4. Hell I bet half the Russian football team this world cup are on steroids and amphetamines.

So when you get matched against a russian premade remember one thing....

ITT: Rampant European xenophobia

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Americans dont understand the struggle in European servers.

Russians are our arch enemy

In the sense they almost always win the BG.
    Nah man we get it. We often get connected to trash servers in Brazil and such, like Quel'Thalas and Ragnaros.

People complain about premades wanting to see AOTC or another achievement, wait until you see premades refusing players from whole servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    1. "Russians always win"
    2. "No point trying because its Russians"
    3. Doesn't try
    4. Loses
    5. "See, i told you Russians always win"
    I see nothing wrong here and thank people for pushing this agenda
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Sure. The solution to that is - not giving up.
    Yeah, or we could not ignore the fact that melee basically can't do anything vs Russian players due to them not being able to make contact, and when they do, if they are stunned as I already mentioned, they continue to slide along the floor out of range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Disconnecting the russians wouldn't help you, because your problem is two natural human behaviours:
    Blaming factors out of their control for why they lost and detecting patterns that dont exist.
    And you are complete right, before the merge i've seen people complaining about players from black scar server (used to be best ru pvp server), before that server existed - they blamed people from certain pvp guilds... It just never stops.

Also fun reminder - before ru servers were created a lot of ru players were on warsong eu, did you experienced same problem back then, OP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Win some, lose some. That's the way it goes.
    To be honest, lot of the time Russian pre-mades win because they tend to be better organized. Russians respond better to people who shout instructions :-)
    i've been reading a theory about language - russian language naturally requires less time (as in less words in general and words are short) to give and accept orders
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yeah, or we could not ignore the fact that melee basically can't do anything vs Russian players due to them not being able to make contact, and when they do, if they are stunned as I already mentioned, they continue to slide along the floor out of range.
    Do the Russians have the same problem or is it always only other EU countries lagging out?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Do the Russians have the same problem or is it always only other EU countries lagging out?
    From what I know, it's just non-Russians since they seem to be able to hit us fine - I've obviously not heard anything from their side though so that could just be me assuming. I'm not sure how it works, honestly I'd have thought it'd go both ways logically, but again I'm not sure. I just know it NEEDS splitting, put them with Asian players or their own if possible since Russia is huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Only people with bad connection have this problem. Remember vanilla pvp? When you could be 15 yards away but still get hit by a rogue who stands in nova? Yeah, when you or your opponent has 700 ping it gets kinda wonky, but it works for both players anyway.

Personally i never get above 300 ping on BGs, but i do see people lagging around, both from EU and RU servers.

You'd be equally steam rolled by any premade group of PvPers, regardless of whether they're Russian or not.

If you PuG PvP expect to fail hard unless the opposition is also a composition of PuG players (or just bad players).

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    kinda wonky, but it works for both players anyway.
    Yeah that's what I thought. But in discussions about Russians in pvp some people always pretend only they are affected.