Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Aaaalllllllll

7+ Year Old Account
    Never really cared for Married with Children. Pete and Pete though, God damn that was a great wholesome show.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Al Bundy was an idiot, he was an abusive moron who basically hated his pretty cozy life he made on a shoe makers salary not to mention a beautiful wife he ignored on a routine basis, and kids he would neglect.

His only claims to fame were the fact he used to play football and could insult and abuse the easiest targets that came into his store who basically supported the living he made.

Basically celebrated everything wrong about so called Family values.
    Why am i´m not suprised that it´s you who came in here to spill the typicall bullshitt you say everytime something goes against your line of thought.

Al Bundy was an idiot, he was an abusive moron who basically hated his pretty cozy life he made on a shoe makers salary not to mention a beautiful wife he ignored on a routine basis, and kids he would neglect.

His only claims to fame were the fact he used to play football and could insult and abuse the easiest targets that came into his store who basically supported the living he made.

Good job on realizing the subtext of the show there skippy. Your mother must be so proud to have raised such a genius /eyeroll.....

Those things were the POINT of the fucking show.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    Such a great TV show but why did Al Bundy look at his wife like she was some hag? I mean Katy Sagal was hot even back then and that guy was so lucky to have her.

- - - Updated - - -

Aint that the goddamn truth!!!
    First of all he resented her because she ruined his chance at the NFL. She turned off his alarm for some try out and he missed his shot.

Also she can't cook, refuses to do any cleaning, and blows all his money. In fact one episode she started to cook and clean and stopped spending all his money and his attitude changed in response he became a loving husband who couldn't get enough of her. Her personality is poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    First of all he resented her because she ruined his chance at the NFL. She turned off his alarm for some try out and he missed his shot.

Also she can't cook, refuses to do any cleaning, and blows all his money. In fact one episode she started to cook and clean and stopped spending all his money and his attitude changed in response he became a loving husband who couldn't get enough of her. Her personality is poison.
    I did kinda know that cause i saw every episode but sometimes he had to realise it wasnt all her and his children's fault. Yes he failed at his career but so did so many other people but the other shit he agreed with i did too!

Best show ever. They could never do stuff like that in today's idiot society.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Was fairly equal both ways?

Also hard to believe anyone taking it seriously, then again we can be overly sensitive and see what we want to see.
    That's what I loved about the show, as it made fun of everyone on the show. Nowadays, most shows are too one-sided or use kid gloves against certain topics trying to be as non-offensive as possible (especially humor that tries to be politically correct). Best humor is humor that can make fun of everyone and everything.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Good job on realizing the subtext of the show there skippy. Your mother must be so proud to have raised such a genius /eyeroll.....

Those things were the POINT of the fucking show.....
    Actually no they weren't and the fact you think that show you don't know what a plot or subtext mean. Or you just misapplied with your flawed reasoning. The point of the show was there was no point of the show.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone thinking "they could never make a show like that today" has apparently never seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, apparently. Among others. Hell, Shameless is pretty frickin' out there, too. Married with Children wasn't that much more wild or zany than The Simpsons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Why am i´m not suprised that it´s you who came in here to spill the typicall bullshitt you say everytime something goes against your line of thought.
    Because you live vicariously through Al Bundy and he's your Hero too?

You don't like when you come into threads and people are critical of things you like?

Not sure anyone would be surprised you aren't surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Everyone thinking "they could never make a show like that today" has apparently never seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, apparently. Among others. Hell, Shameless is pretty frickin' out there, too. Married with Children wasn't that much more wild or zany than The Simpsons.
    pretty much.

Bundy's are not supposed to be sympathetic. the entire family is one giant flanderized train-wreck which is kinda the point. big part of why it was so popular is becasue it allowed just about anyone to look at that family... and kinda appreciate that their own life wasn't so bad.

both the family on Married with children, and its always sunny are such terrible humans, it would actualy make just about anyone feel better about themselves while feeling no guilt at laughing over misadventure of people on TV. becasue.. these people are terrible, so all those misadventures? they basically deserve them

people who see Al Bundy as their hero kinda make me go "huh?" though. are you all being serious or sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    never understood why he didn't want to fuck peg.

still don't.
    Because, hot as she was, she was a lazy do nothing lay about. If I remember right there was an episode where she went all Suzy home maker and Al couldnt keep his hands off her.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    pretty much.

Bundy's are not supposed to be sympathetic. the entire family is one giant flanderized train-wreck which is kinda the point. big part of why it was so popular is becasue it allowed just about anyone to look at that family... and kinda appreciate that their own life wasn't so bad.

both the family on Married with children, and its always sunny are such terrible humans, it would actualy make just about anyone feel better about themselves while feeling no guilt at laughing over misadventure of people on TV. becasue.. these people are terrible, so all those misadventures? they basically deserve them

people who see Al Bundy as their hero kinda make me go "huh?" though. are you all being serious or sarcastic?
    That's because he isn't a Hero, it's just AntiPC nonsense because people liked that Al Bundy harped on a bunch of fat women who wanted to nurse in his store or something.

I thought it was funny at the time simply because it was ridiculous. It was in 88 or 89 when the Fox Network first debut, I think the whole point was to counter the Cosby's as this Anti' perfect family with morals and lessons or anything.

Otherwise I am not sure how a guy who didn't drink, or did any drugs nor his wife, lived in a pretty decent house on a terrible show salesman's salary, with kids who were awkward but apparently not much more than that, could get into all the nonsense they did.

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post

God I loved this show. Ill have to rewatch it soon. It's truly a timeless series.
    Married with Children was the Best series imo, loved it. xD

That's because he isn't a Hero, it's just AntiPC nonsense because people liked that Al Bundy harped on a bunch of fat women who wanted to nurse in his store or something.

I thought it was funny at the time simply because it was ridiculous. It was in 88 or 89 when the Fox Network first debut, I think the whole point was to counter the Cosby's as this Anti' perfect family with morals and lessons or anything.

Otherwise I am not sure how a guy who didn't drink, or did any drugs nor his wife, lived in a pretty decent house on a terrible show salesman's salary, with kids who were awkward but apparently not much more than that, could get into all the nonsense they did.
    To be fair, sometimes its funny to watch a monkey throw his shit at people.

I don't consider Al to be sympathetic. He's just an asshole alternatively reacting to and provoking other assholes. Ed O'Neill was still generally great at playing Al and I liked every actor in the cast. I always liked Kelly and Bud when they traded insults the most.

Its also worth remembering that conservative organizations were not happy with the show. A conservative activist started the first boycott against the show. Other groups like the Parent's Television Council vilified the show as well. Snowflakes then, snowflakes now. Progress is great!

that is was the whole irony of the show lol, He was the real life homer simpson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    To be fair, sometimes its funny to watch a monkey throw his shit at people.

I don't consider Al to be sympathetic. He's just an asshole alternatively reacting to and provoking other assholes. Ed O'Neill was still generally great at playing Al and I liked every actor in the cast. I always liked Kelly and Bud when they traded insults the most.

Its also worth remembering that conservative organizations were not happy with the show. A conservative activist started the first boycott against the show. Other groups like the Parent's Television Council vilified the show as well. Snowflakes then, snowflakes now. Progress is great!
    Hahaha yeah, I felt bad for Ed O'Neill he played the role so well he had a hard time getting work anywhere else, Bob Saget was another like that, although Full House was more family friendly and he was type caste the other way.

I don't watch Modern family though, but I know he is in it and Sofia Vergara OOOOOOHH! But I wonder if he kind was cast as a Al Bundy ish character, at some point ill have to watch a few shows and see,, if I have Married with Children flashbacks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    that is was the whole irony of the show lol, He was the real life homer simpson.
    Really you thought that? Not saying you are wrong but I kind of felt Homer was different, he always seem to come across as actually lovable. I mean sure he did some messed up stuff, but I always viewed Homer as sympathetic. Clueless but lovable and Sympathetic. As I said I enjoyed and watched both. However AL' was not a Hero, he was funny, but he seemed to kind of be more like Fred Flintstone, always up to something and it backfiring.

Hahaha yeah, I felt bad for Ed O'Neill he played the role so well he had a hard time getting work anywhere else, Bob Saget was another like that, although Full House was more family friendly and he was type caste the other way.

I don't watch Modern family though, but I know he is in it and Sofia Vergara OOOOOOHH! But I wonder if he kind was cast as a Al Bundy ish character, at some point ill have to watch a few shows and see,, if I have Married with Children flashbacks

- - - Updated - - -

Really you thought that? Not saying you are wrong but I kind of felt Homer was different, he always seem to come across as actually lovable. I mean sure he did some messed up stuff, but I always viewed Homer as sympathetic. Clueless but lovable and Sympathetic. As I said I enjoyed and watched both. However AL' was not a Hero, he was funny, but he seemed to kind of be more like Fred Flintstone, always up to something and it backfiring.
    I think Al is the asshole with a big heart who would always do what is right in the end even after all of his shit, it is more relate-able to real life in some sense. The Simpsons being a cartoon is more endearing in a lot of ways and follows a similar Homer is a mess up but always comes through for his family either by accident or on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think Al is the asshole with a big heart who would always do what is right in the end even after all of his shit, it is more relate-able to real life in some sense. The Simpsons being a cartoon is more endearing in a lot of ways and follows a similar Homer is a mess up but always comes through for his family either by accident or on purpose.
    Yeah you could be right, I think Al was always funny because he always just seemed like he gave up on life and had no filter, good or bad, PC or not he just went with it.