Poll: Would you play Classic if you unlocked unobtainable items?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsoman View Post
    Then why are you posting in this forum?
    cause this post was moved from BfA forums To Classic forums
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic should remain black box and have no interaction with retail wow period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsoman View Post
    Then why are you posting in this forum?
    because it was a question.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'm not saying Classic should have Transmog. I'm asking if you'd play Classic if you could collect old-school unobtainable items for Retail
    Regardless of the response here I would bet London to a brick people would play the crap out of Vanilla if they thought it would affect their characters on live

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    Regardless of the response here I would bet London to a brick people would play the crap out of Vanilla if they thought it would affect their characters on live

I agree, and I suspect Blizzard does too. The idea that blizz will try to firewall cross-over incentives and totally segregate the two properties just seems unrealistic. The best classic folks can hope for is the prizes for playing classic are all paid out on the retail side.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I would love to see transmog in Classic, but I can't get behind having anything transmit between versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, more; for transmo and mounts.

Yes, i'd probably actually continue playing it beyond the first few months if that were the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs Classic to be sustainable to show investors "we made the right play here, Look at these numbers!". I think cross-platform unlocks for Mounts, Gear, and Toys would go a long way to helping keep Classic sustainable.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs Classic to be sustainable to show investors "we made the right play here, Look at these numbers!". I think cross-platform unlocks for Mounts, Gear, and Toys would go a long way to helping keep Classic sustainable.
    I was told that attributing financial-related motives to corporate decisions by activision-blizzard/classic was a form of conspiracy theory, but I think you are absolutely right.

On occasion the bonus program the board has for Morhaime has been highlighted on MMO-C briefly when he failed a part of it dealing with wow - would anyone suggest the board will not include the classic release and early performance in his bonus plan for the appropriate year(s)?
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-07-09 at 01:52 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

So as the title suggests, would you be More or Less likely to play Classic if you knew you could unlock "Unobtainable" items for your Retail account?
    Option 3: no change

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the time to reinvest in the item I really want - Corrupted Ashbringer - so it won't really affect my inclination to play at any rate.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I'd be more inclined to want to play if I knew I could unlock Naxx pieces that are unobtainable.

Maybe that'll be the carrot on a string that keeps people hooked on Classic
    It'd be pretty stupid as then people who have no interest in Vanilla but want the transmogs would be pushed into playing it anyway. I doubt you'd want people who hate Vanilla to play Vanilla.

Deleted
    Yeah because it's so fair to the people who actually have legacy items by playing the game over a decade ago to get the rarity of those items destroyed by people replaying classic. It's like how they made Halberd of Smiting(Old ZG Polearm) irrelevant by adding a random green in MoP (Ritual Headcleaver Halberd) that shares the same model.
    Last edited by mmoc4c84769bf1; 2018-07-09 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It'd be pretty stupid as then people who have no interest in Vanilla but want the transmogs would be pushed into playing it anyway. I doubt you'd want people who hate Vanilla to play Vanilla.
    I agree 100%.

They've had a chance to do something like this with their other titles like Overwatch and Hearthstone and afaik no cross-platform content has ever been implemented. Lets keep it that way in the future as well.

The only issue I have with transmog is how it is going to warp the market of the game... classic prices tied to items was almost 100% tied to its power. If cross transmog exists suddenly a few of the greens, blues,and purples are going to skyrocket in value suddenly.

Perhaps....But I suppose the only real good stuff is the Naxx40 gear, and those are more or less unobtainable unless you dedicate all your gaming time to raiding classic server
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    I agree 100%.

They've had a chance to do something like this with their other titles like Overwatch and Hearthstone and afaik no cross-platform content has ever been implemented. Lets keep it that way in the future as well.
    Eh well there's stuff like the Hearthsteed, but they're generally "try out our other games a bit and get rewards!" and not "play for several months to get these extremely expensive things in your main game".

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Eh well there's stuff like the Hearthsteed, but they're generally "try out our other games a bit and get rewards!" and not "play for several months to get these extremely expensive things in your main game".
    Right. Grinding in one game for cool stuff should be enough.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So as the title suggests, would you be More or Less likely to play Classic if you knew you could unlock "Unobtainable" items for your Retail account?
    Yes, I would. And that is exactly why I think it would be a terrible idea. I have pretty much zero interest in playing Classic for any other reason