Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How long before they find Novichok in the boobies?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/h...dor-trump.html

The WHO tried to pass a resolution to promote breast feeding and encouraging babies to be feed better. The US decided to block this because they did not agree with
    and for .

When the US did not get its way. They decided to blackmail nations with trade measures.

Witnesses to this ordeal are afraid to speak up, fearing retaliation.

However the resolution was saved by the Russians.

Breast feeding is healthy and beneficial for babies. Shame on America for threatning others and endangering babies.
    Un-fucking-believable. I live in the United States and I'm utterly disgusted by our actions. Deplorable just gets more deplorable. Handmaid's Tale here we come!

10+ Year Old Account
    America once again reaches for new lows.

Jesus.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Dog shit “reporting” you idiots lapped up without thinking twice. Whatever let’s you get your daily trump or US bashing in I guess.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Dog shit “reporting” you idiots lapped up without thinking twice. Whatever let’s you get your daily trump or US bashing in I guess.
    dog shit "post".

What are we missing? Do you have evidence the reporting or the source material is bunk? Or is this just a shitpost? a dog shitpost.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

missing from reports is the reason behind why the first draft of the measure was rejected. it was poorly written and placed burdens on people and health organizations for no good reason. why leave this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Breast feeding is healthy and beneficial for babies. Shame on America for threatning others and endangering babies.
    No one has denied that.

What do you think would happen to mothers who actually need formula if these companies divest from their formula business to put that money into different products that stand to make them more money?

These corporations don't produce formula out of the kindness of their hearts... They do it to make money, literally no other reason. If breastfeeding encouragement initiatives such as this succeed and huge swaths of women who would have utilized formula instead opt to breastfeed, their profits will stagnate and perhaps even decline... And if it stays like that (no growth, ever declining profits, etc.) over an extended period, they would be encouraged to leave that business and invest their money in something more profitable.

And then mothers who actually need formula for any variety of reasons would be left with a smaller, less competitive, more expensive market of formula products to choose from. In what way would that be good for them and their babies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    No one has denied that.

What do you think would happen to mothers who actually need formula if these companies divest from their formula business to put that money into different products that stand to make them more money?

These corporations don't produce formula out of the kindness of their hearts... They do it to make money, literally no other reason. If breastfeeding encouragement initiatives such as this succeed and huge swaths of women who would have utilized formula instead opt to breastfeed, their profits will stagnate and perhaps even decline... And if it stays like that (no growth, ever declining profits, etc.) over an extended period, they would be encouraged to leave that business and invest their money in something more profitable.

And then mothers who actually need formula for any variety of reasons would be left with a smaller, less competitive, more expensive market of formula products to choose from. In what way would that be good for them and their babies?
    Baby formula is useful like you said. However, this topic is about the US blocking a WHO resolution to whos aim was to promote breast feeding and to restrict the promotion of baby foods that have negative effect on babies and using blackmail to try and achieve its goals.

Companies like Nestle have a history with Formulas and it is not pretty. https://www.businessinsider.de/nestl...d-on-formula-2
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2018-07-09 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You would think with how perverse America is they'd be okay with seeing some breasts out in the open.
    Nope. Look who founded us. A bunch of prudes (Puritans) with a penchant for violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    HUGE money in baby formula. Only a few formula companies are US owned though. Similac for one. Nestle is Swiss. Enfamil is UK. One can only presume they have manufacturing facilities in the US though.
    In time, hopefully we can find the reasoning behind this stance.
    This is a rare occasion - I actually agree with Ally, this makes no fucking sense.

Is someone with swing in Trump's Administration in deep with baby formula companies?

Whatever it is, it's bizarre and stinks to high heaven. That is way, way too much political leverage to put behind something so innocuous.

*EDIT*

I found this, a scandal lost in the sea of them from 2015. Trump calls a woman "disgusting" for breastfeeding back in 2011, obviously refused to apologise for it on the campaign trail. And lied, just for the hell of it I suppose.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0Q31WN20150729

I mean it's possible he's actually pushing them to lash out against breastfeeding policy due to sheer personal grievance, but even for him that's bizarre.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...olution-report
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/h...dor-trump.html
    https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...09-p4zqau.html

It's being reported widely. Lazy.

You're bad at this. Let some of the better liars do the deflection for you.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-07-09 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Thanks for the in depth analysis. Care to set the record straight or is one line the limit of your capabilities?

Considering the atrocious history of baby formula manufactures in developing economies, it would not surprise me in the slightest to find that Nestle and others had a hand in quashing this in any form. http://archive.babymilkaction.org/pdfs/babykiller.pdf

Anecdotal, but I remember joking with friends about Nestle's new line of tipless condoms to be sold across Africa, to help with formula sales.

https://www.unicef.org/nutrition/ind...stfeeding.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20070928...1556&srcid=596

http://archive.babymilkaction.org/pages/history.html
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    New York Times. So I will take the news from them on this issue with a grain of salt. May be some other reasons than what they list. But I do strongly support breast feeding.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a lot of effort for something like breastfeeding :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    New York Times. So I will take the news from them on this issue with a grain of salt. May be some other reasons than what they list. But I do strongly support breast feeding.
    Well, we now know you consider them "fake news" as well.

Careful, your willful ignorance is showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have posted multiple other sources, including from other country's point of view.
    But we wouldn't want to set off your fact allergy, especially with those EpiPen prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course something bad about the Trump Admission and the numerous sources reporting on it that @Mormolyce linked above and you can't wipe the cheeto dust from your mouth to recognize another shit move by your God Emperor's Administration.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Nope. Look who founded us. A bunch of prudes (Puritans) with a penchant for violence.
    To this day, i'm still unsure whether its a good thing the puritans from country(the Orangjes liked religious freedom, can't have that) went away. I mean, its good they left, but look what happened to the US and how it influences the world with said values.

Hard choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So you are opposed to this because the companies aren't American. Like honestly what's wrong with you?
    Quote where I was opposed to it my friend. I need more information before I make a decision. I can’t make a decision one a single biased article.
    I don’t rush to judgement like many others. I also don’t fully trust the media.

Cheers
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-07-09 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Quote where I was opposed to it my friend. I need more information before I make a decision. I can’t make a decision one a single biased article.
    I don’t rush to judgement like many others. I also don’t fully trust the media.

Cheers
    More information... what more information? Are you for or against mothers in 3rd wold countries with limited access to water, breastfeeding, or.... not?