Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People do buy homes before they are built, you know? Also, software is in no way like those animate objects. So, lets use an actual apples to apples comparison. You are aware that Microsoft sends most of it's products out that are unfinished right? You are aware that When the new version of Windows comes out it is unfinished right? No software product gets released completely finished. IT is beyond rare for a software product to come out and not have bugs in them at all. OF course, one would have to be objective about things and not pushing a "Everything Blizzard foes is wrong" agenda to see this.
    There is a difference in software coming out buggy and just flat out not being worked on. Class development isn't buggy, they just flat didn't work on it until it was too late for several specs. Bugs are one thing in software development, missing tools the customer needs to use the software is a completely different matter. Even in the IT world that will get you some serious kick back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AltMethods View Post
    The new survival '''rework''' is so blatantly unfinished, I'm shocked it's going live in it's current state
    Shouldn't come a surprise at this moment after so many things unfinished going live in the last 15 years

"Its the cycle of things" the buffs are promised in alpha, then beta, then live, then a following patch, raid tier, and repeat until you realize the cycle is meant to keep you hoping!
    Get a notepad and tick off when blizzard do something they promise and put a tick in a different one when they promise see which fills up faster.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Shouldn't come a surprise at this moment after so many things unfinished going live in the last 15 years
    I think after 15 years most people are fine with the idea that every ounce of content isn't finished when live hits, I just think most are about fed up that classes/specs are still being handled that way though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think after 15 years most people are fine with the idea that every ounce of content isn't finished when live hits, I just think most are about fed up that classes/specs are still being handled that way though.
    But one of those things can't be class design in my view.. You can delay a dungeon or two.. or even a raid opening by a week or whatever but something so core such as class design will cause stir up... I know people that will quit their shamans main because right now they are a joke beyond repair.

One of my friends is quitting ret due to the falling asleep rotation.

Everyone was saying the Azerite system wasn't going to do shit, but only just now they realized that?? How fucking retarded are the devs?

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    No it doesn't, Classes release in previous expansions in a poor state by the players point of view, but were of a good quality in blizzards eyes. This is the first ever time that blizzard has openly stated and accepted that they are releasing an expansion with classes that are broken.

We are paying more money for expansions, they have a bigger dev team now, where is the results of this?
    Have you considered that previously, Blizzard just did not admit that certain classes were not in their final state? Of course, now that they are more open with the community, they get complaints like yours. There is truly no winning for them...

Quote Originally Posted by AltMethods View Post
    The new survival '''rework''' is so blatantly unfinished, I'm shocked it's going live in it's current state
    Whats wrong with the Survival rework? I have fun with it. Much better compared to live Survival.

Wow is ever-changing. Pick what you like to play for your main, don't go chasing fotm - they tend to change. If your main receives a complete rework which you don't like, pick something else. It's not as big of a deal as you currently think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Wow is ever-changing. Pick what you like to play for your main, don't go chasing fotm - they tend to change. If your main receives a complete rework which you don't like, pick something else. It's not as big of a deal as you currently think it is.
    The problem with everyone saying pick what you enjoy doesnt really work for example in legion I tried to main a demo warlock I got all his bis leggos great gear played the spec right but I was always still bottom of the dps, same goes for spriest , destro lock, survival hunter. They may be fun classes but it loses that fun factor real quick when you dump hundred of hours into 1 spec and still bottom barrel fps, get kicked from raids and avoided in high end m+. So just playing what you think is fun ends up being the opposite. Now I am totally aware that things changes over the cycle of an xpac, BUT they should be small changes little adjustments, they're not doing that in bfa they're waiting months to redesign specs changing numbers, and that can have a much larger effect on playstyle than everyone says, I also think with squished numbers it will be much much more noticeable when you arent talented correctly or playing a bad spec

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    The problem with everyone saying pick what you enjoy doesnt really work for example in legion I tried to main a demo warlock I got all his bis leggos great gear played the spec right but I was always still bottom of the dps, same goes for spriest , destro lock, survival hunter. They may be fun classes but it loses that fun factor real quick when you dump hundred of hours into 1 spec and still bottom barrel fps, get kicked from raids and avoided in high end m+. So just playing what you think is fun ends up being the opposite. Now I am totally aware that things changes over the cycle of an xpac, BUT they should be small changes little adjustments, they're not doing that in bfa they're waiting months to redesign specs changing numbers, and that can have a much larger effect on playstyle than everyone says, I also think with squished numbers it will be much much more noticeable when you arent talented correctly or playing a bad spec
    Played only one spec for over ten years and my experience was different than yours. Being part of a guild eases a lot of the burdens you have, like not worrying so much about meters.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Played only one spec for over ten years and my experience was different than yours. Being part of a guild eases a lot of the burdens you have, like not worrying so much about meters.
    If your ok with your guild picking up some slack from you then that's totally ok, as for me and most people if we sink hundred of hours into a spec we damn well expect to be competitive with everyone else. Yes there will always be better specs and worst specs but that margin should not be huge like it was for some classes and that problem is clearly still there in bfa.

Because a bis monk should not be doing 2.5x as much dps as another bis spec. poor class design... the game is 15 years old it should be better than that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    If your ok with your guild picking up some slack from you then that's totally ok, as for me and most people if we sink hundred of hours into a spec we damn well expect to be competitive with everyone else. Yes there will always be better specs and worst specs but that margin should not be huge like it was for some classes and that problem is clearly still there in bfa.

Because a bis monk should not be doing 2.5x as much dps as another bis spec. poor class design... the game is 15 years old it should be better than that
    Right.
    Now ask yourself which path you want to go down, to take control of your situation or to push Blizzard to change the situation for you.

Yeah, 5-6 months after expansion release to make my main feel enjoyable.

Good job team!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Right.
    Now ask yourself which path you want to go down, to take control of your situation or to push Blizzard to change the situation for you.
    What exactly could they do to fix it themselves, other than rolling the class that does the most damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    What exactly could they do to fix it themselves, other than rolling the class that does the most damage?
    Find and make a guild that doesn't ostracize its members just because they're not the fotm.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    What exactly do people want from class changes? New abilities every expansion? New rotations? What? Each and every class is viable now. If you don't like it - play something that you like?
    Shadow may be a bit weird with how void form works but it is way more functional in BfA for non raid content than it was in legion. Shadow was awesome at raiding but totally garbage for everything else in legion. So they moved the void form damage back to normal baseline and allow you to enter it faster and more frequently. They also changed the void eruption to be basically a big aoe nuke instead of having to set up all your targets with dots first and then do it. Their ramp up time is way less than it used to be and their on demand damage is a lot easier to use. It still has some clunkyness that I hope gets smoothed out with gear and a good balance pass but it is very playable and honestly for leveling content it is in much better shape now than legion at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Yeah, 5-6 months after expansion release to make my main feel enjoyable.

Good job team!
    You are assuming that they will make your main feel enjoyable. Seems like you have a lot of confidence in the Blizz team's capability and intent for your main.

Find and make a guild that doesn't ostracize its members just because they're not the fotm.
    I'm sorry, but I have to aggree with @Re4leader1. It's not really fun to play a class that's so far behind others because Blizzard couldn't be assed to actually finish it in time for launch, especially after this many years of WoW. It's pretty inexcusable.

Having a guild that's still cool can mitigate that a bit, but it doesn't help at all with the enjoyment of playing a class that's unfinished.

And while some DarkSouls challenge mode speed runners might enjoy playing a character under the weakest possible conditions, most people don't. WoW is a progression-based game that relies HEAVILY on improving stats through gear and levels. If your character just CAN'T perform as well(within reason) due to the design - it robs the class, and by extension the game - of some of its fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's just as unacceptable this time as the previous times. You'd think it'd improve over time as they improve their processes.
    Blizzard doesn't really learn much from their mistakes.