Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Im going to attempt Protection Paladin this week with ilvl 939 and consecration ring and shield neck. I've only done Kruul on druid so I know it might be trickier since I never had to worry about stacks before but some videos make it look easy enough and Im hoping the shield will give me a little bit more suitability!
    It's not that hard tbh, I think they have more HP than for other tanks, but with the Avenger Shield interrupt it's just about not getting knocked off.

- - - Updated - - -

Got Mistweaver, it was hard, but not impossible. Phase 1 seemed to be my biggest issue.

Ret Paladin was easy, it's just about not screwing up and lasting until enrage. Same goes for Enhancement Shaman.

Prot Paladin was somewhat hard, but I eventually got it. Phase 1 is easy, phase 2 can be a bit scary with so much stuff going on, took like 15 tries.

Up to 33/36, only Elemental Shaman, Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin left. I'm guessing I'll get Ele as soon as I get back from work, the CC is up and Agatha isn't that hard, I just didn't have time to attempt it. I'll try Resto and see if I can do it with my ilvl, if not, I'll wait until tomorrow.

Fire mage is my favorite spec in legion. I was forced to learn it to mage tower and once i know a lot of the tricks its just really enjoyable. I like the chaotic nature of it. Theres a lot of blinking and wheeling around and blowing things up.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Prot paladin was the hardest by far. Most of these I need 5 attempts or less. I needed 170 attempts to get prot paladin. Mostly from getting knocked off the platform. I seriously doubt we will see but a few paladin or warrior tanks with flails. I did it before artifact power got maxed thought, so it might be considerably easier now.
    That's kinda interesting. It took me 93 tries as Prot Warrior, which I felt I knew and liked best and 26 tries as Prot Pally, but 15 of them were learning how to Prot pally in general. For me, the max artifacts probably didn't make much difference. The majority of my deaths were infernals or just getting myself overwhlemed\poor decision making. For me, Monk tank is proving impossible, as I just don't get Monk tanking. At 55 attempts with 50 of them I'm dead in the first 45 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    That's kinda interesting. It took me 93 tries as Prot Warrior, which I felt I knew and liked best and 26 tries as Prot Pally, but 15 of them were learning how to Prot pally in general. For me, the max artifacts probably didn't make much difference. The majority of my deaths were infernals or just getting myself overwhlemed\poor decision making. For me, Monk tank is proving impossible, as I just don't get Monk tanking. At 55 attempts with 50 of them I'm dead in the first 45 secs.
    Yeah, Monk tanking is difficult to get used to. I kept forgetting to clean my stagger, so I just died. Niuzao is a life saver, particularly in phase 2. Just let him tank and get Kruul's health down while you clean the adds. Then just finish Kruul off, you should be able to get him in 1 or 2 annihilates.

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Yeah, Monk tanking is difficult to get used to. I kept forgetting to clean my stagger, so I just died. Niuzao is a life saver, particularly in phase 2. Just let him tank and get Kruul's health down while you clean the adds. Then just finish Kruul off, you should be able to get him in 1 or 2 annihilates.
    Made it to phase 2 three times and died on the first stomp each time. Only way I can make it to phase 2, is to pop Niuzao on pull so he eats all the early damage until the health orbs pop up. But if I kill Variss too quickly, Niuzao is still 30-45 secs away on cool down and so far I can't even live 45 secs in phase 2. Just a really frustrating tank class compared to all the others.

I feel like people underestimate monk tank DPS. I have never tanked on one and did it in 4-5 tries with only the class ring. With the Niuzao pet in the first phase, everything just melts.

- - - Updated - - -

Made it to phase 2 three times and died on the first stomp each time. Only way I can make it to phase 2, is to pop Niuzao on pull so he eats all the early damage until the health orbs pop up. But if I kill Variss too quickly, Niuzao is still 30-45 secs away on cool down and so far I can't even live 45 secs in phase 2. Just a really frustrating tank class compared to all the others.
    What item level are you and what talents are you using?

Yeah, that was happening to me too. I just left Variss at low health, and waited until Niuzao was close to coming out of CD and moved into phase 2. You should be able to get that before you get a third infernal.

Deleted
    Finally 36/36 - holy priest sure gave me a challenge BUT it became slightly easier when I learned how to play it..somewhat. My final thoughts about all of these is that the healing challenges were the "worst" as they were least forgiving and the longest.

I hope they bring this kind of solo scenarios / challenges in BfA at one point.

Happy to say Im in the 36/36 club now! I did the 5 healing specs last since I dont ever play healer & those were probably the most annoying. 1 mistake can really mess up the whole attempt, but I really enjoyed the challenge & learning all the specs. Luckily I had every class at around ilvl 930+ & obviously the Artifact power levels helped, but they were still challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    What item level are you and what talents are you using?
    928 - Basically random gear from the vendor on Argus. Only Leggies are KJ's wish and some WW boots.

Talents
    Eye of Tiger
    Celerity
    Black Ox Brew
    Summons Black ox Status
    Healing Elixir
    Invoke Niuzao
    Black out Combo

Basically I just look at some videos and took their builds.

928 - Basically random gear from the vendor on Argus. Only Leggies are KJ's wish and some WW boots.

Talents
    Eye of Tiger
    Celerity
    Black Ox Brew
    Summons Black ox Status
    Healing Elixir
    Invoke Niuzao
    Black out Combo

Basically I just look at some videos and took their builds.
    I personally would take leg sweep over the statue. I did the challenge in similar gear, with burning wish and the class ring.
    Leg sweep allows you to stun everything and get distance if you need to and will allow you to also interrupt Kruul. I also prefer chi torpedo, but that doesn't really matter as much. Just try to burn the first phase asap - I feel that stalling for cooldowns leads to more potential mistakes and sometimes infernals. On my kill I didn't need the Ox a second time and I wasn't using consumables either.

Deleted
    Arms done after 1 attempt, extremely easy with 920+ ilvl and the weapon buff. Just need Combat & Fury (waiting for command centre to cheese it, should be up in a couple of hours) and Protection then I'm all done.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Arms done after 1 attempt, extremely easy with 920+ ilvl and the weapon buff. Just need Combat & Fury (waiting for command centre to cheese it, should be up in a couple of hours) and Protection then I'm all done.
    You don't even need the command centre, use a lightblood potion and falcosaur omelette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    Finally 36/36 - holy priest sure gave me a challenge BUT it became slightly easier when I learned how to play it..somewhat. My final thoughts about all of these is that the healing challenges were the "worst" as they were least forgiving and the longest.

I hope they bring this kind of solo scenarios / challenges in BfA at one point.
    Totally agree about everything except that Holy Priest was the hardest - my biggest issue was Holy Paladin, but once I geared up a little (914) it became a lot smoother.

36/36 woop!

Trying Beast Mastery. Doing Dire Frenzy. Wiped 8 times now. I can kill Tugar easily. The worm (Jormog) is tough. I tried using intimidation on the worm's Sonic Scream but it doesn't go off. I'm not even sure the pets are hitting the worm. I'm supposed to throw freezing trap on him for another stun but its hard to aim and throw in time once he starts casting. On top of that, I'm losing health along the way. Only leech is Parsel's Tongue.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Trying Beast Mastery. Doing Dire Frenzy. Wiped 8 times now. I can kill Tugar easily. The worm (Jormog) is tough. I tried using intimidation on the worm's Sonic Scream but it doesn't go off. I'm not even sure the pets are hitting the worm. I'm supposed to throw freezing trap on him for another stun but its hard to aim and throw in time once he starts casting. On top of that, I'm losing health along the way. Only leech is Parsel's Tongue.
    I started DPSing the worm at around 2 stacks, got him down to about 40% before killing Tugar. Reduced the amount of healing necessary, but I did have the feign death-heal legendary.

Did it at around 905 ilvl, so if you're higher geared tactics may vary, but I found that cleaving around 4 stacks and single targeting the worm at 2 stacks worked well. Just have a focus macro for interrupt.

I have done all tanks challenges and most of the dps ones (demonology, affliction, balance and shadow priest left - I really don't play these specs ever anyway).

Only done paladin of healing ones and I'm still trying to do a few more here.

27 of 36 so far. All except havoc dh (which was done long time ago) done with 910-920 ilvl with usually only one class legendary (class! not spec) and new artifact boost.

Once you get an overall grip of what is going on in each challenge its quite easy to do now. Tank ones are especially easy once you do it at least once. DPS ones are easy, although I find twins probably the most clusterfuck and hardest with sigryn being the easiest.
    Healing ones are weird. P1 is usually easier than most of the people say but for some classes getting p5 done is quite difficult. Either I'm braindead or too used to healing addons and I often can't do both - heal adds (with keyboard) and heal party (with mouse).
    S.H.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Totally agree about everything except that Holy Priest was the hardest - my biggest issue was Holy Paladin, but once I geared up a little (914) it became a lot smoother.

36/36 woop!
    Of the healing one's I've done I found holy priest/Paladin much easier than Resto druid/shaman because those first two have a reliable CC with no cooldown you can use in p1 so you don't have to get jarod to soak mana sting.

Beast Mastery done! Took about 12 attempts, 14/36!

Link to video:

https://streamable.com/deeju

I missed 2 interrupts on Tugar but managed to heal up my pet. I also missed the first 2 interrupts on Jormog so I ate the first three Sonic Screams, but used Exhiliaration (my weak heal on a 2 minute CD) and interrupted the next 2 Sonic Screams to kill Jormog when I had just 12% health left. i guess its pretty forgiving, just as long as you are semi-competant at tossing freezing trap and using intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Of the healing one's I've done I found holy priest/Paladin much easier than Resto druid/shaman because those first two have a reliable CC with no cooldown you can use in p1 so you don't have to get jarod to soak mana sting.
    Yep, I can see this being the case if you overgear it. I oneshotted Resto Druid with 913, and Resto Shaman was a bit of a pain (Fixate got me a couple times) but with similar gear to my Paladin (around 905-910) it was far easier.

Paladin did well on the first stage due to stun and Repentance (which has a CD juuuust long enough to not be able to be used on every Mana Sting), but has a lot lower spread single target healing for the ghosts.
    Holy Priest, even with 920, took me 3-4 attempts. Great utility, great healing, not a lot of armor. Dat Fixate.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2018-07-10 at 09:08 AM.