Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    I enjoyed it as well. Some of the appearances were definitely more challenging to get than others, but none of them felt unfair.
    Prot warrior took me forever compared to every other spec (7 other specs I've done it with)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz have claimed that they are not going to bring back the Mage Tower in BfA. What then will be the challenge mode content that rewards those gaudy cosmetic rewards? It seems very unlikely that Blizzard will not have something to dangle in front of players a few months after BfA goes live and people are tuning out left and right due to the very shallow endgame lineup on display right now. They absolutely will have something to show us.

Will they try to do yet another cancerous timed pve event with challenge mode Expeditions? Will that even work? Arent they supposed to be able to be completable by all-dps groups? I dont see Warfronts working as too much depends on the lackluster AI. It would be too easy to metagame it. I really hope they dont try to link yet another reward to M+
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-07-09 at 01:51 PM.

Except it wasn't a flop at all. In games like WoW its a very good thing to make content for your more dedicated players such as mythic raids and the mage tower which might not take up much developer time but will keep those players happy. Blizzard obviously recognizes this. Not everything in the game needs to be LFR casualized.

I'm a filthy casual and I got the one skin that I wanted from it.

Jeez, there's enough salt in this thread to dry up every ocean on Earth.

The biggest actual flaw in the Mage Tower's design was how outrageously imbalanced the challenges were.

Even if you ignore the disparity between roles, specific specs in the same challenge had an enormous difference in difficulty. Outlaw got absolutely boned by being stuck with Agatha, for example, when she was hi-lariously easy for specs like Unholy, Fire, and Elemental. And do we even need to talk about the gulf in difficulty between Vengeance and Prot Paladin on the Tank challenge? I did the former in four pulls on a badly geared and barely played alt while the latter took me over 100 on my main of 12 years.

Oh, and there's also the fact that you could use Lightblood potions and Spiced Falcosaur Omelets and the Command Center buffs on Agatha and not any of the other challenges. That was super fair and reasonable.
    Last edited by Draeth; 2018-07-09 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Mage Tower is one of the best things they've ever added.

The only thing they should have done is not allowed people to outgear it.

But I do love the salty posts on official forums of people who can't do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad player detected.

So true.

But alas, the bad players would've whined and Blizzard giving in

I thought it was amazing and enjoyed it. Granted I only did it on my one class I play, but still, lots of fun. I did it around ilvl 910 on all my specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicycheeto View Post
    Mage tower is great. Sorry that you and all the other whiners apparently suck at this simple child's game.
    Strange that you would think it an achievement worthy of bragging about when besting a 'simple child's game'. Think your insults through, otherwise they can backfire.
    While you are at it, if you link a post, at least read the first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    I main hunter and pretty much only have time for that. I didn't like any of the skins so i didn't even bother.
    That kinda sucks
    That's a bummer. Some of my characters are in the same boat. For example, I only did prot on my warrior, because I'd never use the arms or fury skins.

On the flip side, I'm farming shares for attempts on an alt I seldom play (paladin) to get a skin for a spec I've never played (prot). I imagine it will be a trainwreck.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard content. Not everyone is supposed to get it. I think they actually did a damn good job with it considering that unlike most things in this game you can't just overpower it. Sure for some classes it is easier to do so and there is for sure a breaking point but the fact that no matter your gear you still need to learn the mechanics I think they did pretty good.

I hope they add more of them. I am just a little bummed that for me personally the appearances were pretty hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Strange that you would think it an achievement worthy of bragging about when besting a 'simple child's game'. Think your insults through, otherwise they can backfire.
    While you are at it, if you link a post, at least read the first sentence.
    Sorry all I saw in your post was absolute stupidity and replied appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicycheeto View Post
    Sorry all I saw in your post was absolute stupidity and replied appropriately.
    Rather than answer the question - if it was so successful, why have blizzard chosen not to continue with similar content in BfA, stating they have no intention of releasing anything similar to the Mage tower at all during BfA?

But no, you are right, its stupid to ask such a stupid question. Mentioning multiple times that i really enjoyed the MT and dont really have any issue with them reducing the difficulty of it since i already had all the ones i wanted months ago, and this has given me an opportunity to get it done even on my shitty 905 alts i never play. But no, you are right, stupid stuff really. Very stupid.

The only smart person here is you, and the others who dont even read the post, but still quote it. Clever stuff.

Deleted
    Rather than answer the question - if it was so successful, why have blizzard chosen not to continue with similar content in BfA, stating they have no intention of releasing anything similar to the Mage tower at all during BfA?
    Who says they aren't? Still have at least 3 content patches after BfA launch.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Would love another one that was based on tank, heal, melee DPS, ranged DPS. But it gave an Armour set based on armour type or a mount.
    Isn't that the proving grounds with the proven defender/healer/assailant titles?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Who says they aren't? Still have at least 3 content patches after BfA launch.
    Blizzard say so.

Deleted
    Blizzard say so.
    That seems to be your "go-to-answer" since the thread was started... it's been 635 posts and more than a week now and you still failed to give us a source/quote.

OP needs a Participation Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Arrent View Post
    OP needs a Participation Tower
    And you need to stop posting on mmo-c, start paying attention in school, and read any of my comments or the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is clear to me that the mage tower was considered a flop by Blizzard. I would guess that the only reason for this would be if only a tiny, TINY percentage of 110 characters have either unlocked, or, attempted to unlock the xmog. Obviously whenever there is a poll on mmo-c, 180% of players have completed every single challenge for every single spec on every single class, but i suspect the truth is quite different.

Why would Blizzard not continue the Mage Tower, with new challenges in the next expansion? It could have been with armor sets this time.
    No, if anything too many people unlocked it. They should have had the difficulty scale with gear. I'm still butthurt that I got mine back in April/May of 2017 when it was actually a challenge and now every kid with Antorus LFR gear can beat it with one hand while beating off with the other.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

i think the "if X then why not Y" does not apply here. We had quite a few good things in the past that were part of a particular expansion/raid/questline that never came back.

they had 2 options:
    -going brawlers guild-style and bring out new stuff every expac and hope it continues to live up to player's wishes.
    or
    -going challenge mode-style and retire a system while it was good before it risks turning out bad.
    they choose to take the latter approach.