Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That cop should get fired immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    From what I've read(and this was some time ago) their citizens have wanted to become a state but their own corrupt government has done everything they can to prevent it.
    The Puerto Rican government just introduced a bipartisan-backed bill to Congress to petition for statehood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The GDP of Mississippi was 88.55 Billion in 2007.

GPD of Puerto Rico was 103.1 Billion in 2013.

We have a lot of "failed" and 3rd world states in our Republic.

In fact PR ranks 38th coming ahead of New Mexico, Alaska, Maine, Delaware, Hawaii and Montana to name a few.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...itories_by_GDP
    he means they're brown so according to jordan peterson and ben shapiro they must be genetically inferior, this is the ideology of the right wing nowadays, they think based on race not economics, if you go look at anything hubcap has said you can see pretty well hes coming up for excuses of his race based philosophy of white supremacy,

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    The officer was complicit.

That being said, you can't fix stupid. Or drunk. Or old.
    I hate to be mister technical, but you can fix drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Serious question: what's stopping Congress from making Puerto Rico the 51st state? Is the disdain for their own citizens that high?
    Nothing, other than Puerto Rico has to want to become a state before Congress can make their decision. So far Puerto Rico has elected to stay as they are although there is a growing push to become a state.
    Last edited by Altrec; 2018-07-10 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Nothing other than Puerto Rico has to want to become a state before Congress can make their decision. So far Puerto Rico has elected to stay as they are although there is a growing push to become a states.
    I mean aside from the past two referenda which have both held solid majorities in favor of statehood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    So i want you genius conservatives to tell me this, i will take your silence as an act of cowardice, if according to your favorite youtuber, whites are superior intellectually to all other races, as you state time and time again, why is it, that this white man, supposedly a superior race in your mind, is not aware that puerto ricans are US citizens? and yet i know probably dozens of brown people, to whom you're favorite youtubers have most certainly stated are clearly less smart by their belief, is indeed aware that puerto ricans are US citizens and puerto rico is a territory of the US.
    I think you’re looking for white supremacists, not conservatives. Most WP folk are degenerate as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    he means they're brown so according to jordan peterson and ben shapiro they must be genetically inferior
    Puerto Rico is 75% white...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The GDP of Mississippi was 88.55 Billion in 2007.

GPD of Puerto Rico was 103.1 Billion in 2013.

We have a lot of "failed" and 3rd world states in our Republic.

In fact PR ranks 38th coming ahead of New Mexico, Alaska, Maine, Delaware, Hawaii and Montana to name a few.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...itories_by_GDP

How much of that $103 billion come from remittances? Puerto Rican's working in the US and mailing money back home to grandma? Remittances from the US fuel a lot of LA country's economies.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I mean aside from the past two referenda which have both held solid majorities in favor of statehood.
    Right.... but it takes more than just that, and while they voted last year by a very large margin for them to become a state they only had 23% turnout which was a historically low turnout. The referendum before that had 500k blank ballets that brought confusion to what the people really wanted so congress provided them funds for another referendum.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Isn't there already a thread regarding this?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...in-Viral-Video
    Yeah there is already a thread on this but as we know on this forum some people always have to spam the same subject multiple times for some reason..

wearing a shirt with the stars and bars is also un-american, its wearing the flag of the enemy of the UNITED states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Right.... but it takes more than just that, and while they voted last year by a very large margin for them to become a state they only had 23% turnout which was a historically low turnout. The referendum before that had 500k blank ballets that brought confusion to what the people really wanted so congress provided them funds for another referendum.
    All it "takes" is for Congress to pass legislation admitting Puerto Rico as a state; there's no referendum required.

But thanks for admitting you were wrong about PR "electing" to stay as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Puerto Rican's working in the US and mailing money back home to grandma?
    Puerto Ricans
    working in the US
    Puerto Rico (Spanish for "Rich Port"), officially the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (Spanish: Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico, lit. "Free Associated State of Puerto Rico") and briefly called Porto Rico, is an unincorporated territory of the United States located in the northeast Caribbean Sea, approximately 1,000 miles (1,600 km) southeast of Miami, Florida.
    10 characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Can't be any worse than kansas. Just give them some representatives.
    ^Mississippi also....its like watching the squidbillies.

Puerto Rico doesn't pay tax.
    It doesn't want to be a state.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed010 View Post
    Outside of Blue States and metropolitan areas, yes, yes it is.
    You heard it here, folks! If you don't have high-rises and Uber and congested metropolitan traffic, you're living in the third world!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    How much of that $103 billion come from remittances? Puerto Rican's working in the US and mailing money back home to grandma? Remittances from the US fuel a lot of LA country's economies.
    People working in the US sending money to grandmother in another part of the US. Don't see the problem....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    I hate to be mister technical, but you can fix drunk.
    Being drunk in public and causing a disturbance in my state is illegal. He should had been detained and put in a drunk tank till he sobered up.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    From what I've read(and this was some time ago) their citizens have wanted to become a state but their own corrupt government has done everything they can to prevent it.
    If by their 'corrupt government' you mean the US government, then yeah, that's spot on. Puerto Rico has voted to become a state multiple times in their history. There is a small (but also not insignificant) separatist movement in their country, but the majority always votes for statehood -- WE (meaning the US) don't ever ratify it, because currently we got all the benefits, none of the burdens. They don't get federal aid (at least, not the same as states do -- check out their hurricane crisis if you think otherwise) they pay taxes, but can't trade with other countries, and they can't REALLY vote.

OT: this man seems like an MMO-C poster or two I know..