Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you did it to feed your ego, Not surprising since that's why the majority do it.

Here is a idea, do something else to feed your ego.
    Are you attempting to shame someone for being proud of completing the highest difficulty in a video game? Is that seriously what you're doing?

Yeah, instead, boost your ego by insulting other gamers for attempting to do the hard content. That's real logical. Just insult someone for doing content you choose not to. Real mature of you.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I've literally never in my life have been in a position to funnel loot to anyone, nor would I want to be, it's a big responsibility.

also ML is not a thing in pugging already so that argument just shows your ignorance.
    I know they don't use ML which is why I mentioned it. Again my point just goes completely over your little head. Why have ML in the game if one of the most popular forms of grouping is not using it? It clearly makes no difference for the vast majority of players, only bad guilds who funnel loot to their friends.

The top minority of hardcore players can still trade loot with each other if it's not an upgrade for them, because they're better organised and less likely to be toxic with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Are you attempting to shame someone for being proud of completing the highest difficulty in a video game? Is that seriously what you're doing?

Yeah, instead, boost your ego by insulting other gamers for attempting to do the hard content. That's real logical. Just insult someone for doing content you choose not to. Real mature of you.
    that's the new target audience

deal with it.

people who think doing well in a game is shameful and should be punished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I know they don't use ML which is why I mentioned it. Again my point just goes completely over your little head. Why have ML in the game if one of the most popular forms of grouping is not using it? It clearly makes no difference for the vast majority of players, only bad guilds who funnel loot to their friends.

The top minority of hardcore players can still trade loot with each other if it's not an upgrade for them, because they're better organised and less likely to be toxic with each other.
    if it makes no difference to the vast majority, but benefits a hardcore minority, then why remove it at all.
    they literally spent money erasing a problem thats not a problem, only to upset their most loyal playerbase. it's fucking disgraceful
    and again, toxic guilds are not a thing. at least not in mythic raiding, I've already explained why.

and no you cant trade loot

because a: it needs to be lower ilvl (just because its higher ilvl doesnt mean its automatically better, or that its the most optimal for you in the raid)
    b: you cant trade azerite armor which are the most important things for gearing.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-10 at 06:33 PM.

BUT THE WEEKLY CHESTS GIVE MORE BENEFITS THE MORE CHARACTERS YOU HAVE

what the fuck.

having 5 chances of a massive mythic level loot that can go from 1-3 so it has insane RNG swings is way more than 1.

10 out of 20 people will get 1 loot
    5 out of 20 will get 2 but one wont be that good
    and the other 5 will get 3 great ones

whereas with 5 splits you'll have like 10-15 characters with 2-3 loot on average
    it's way more.

the swings in RNG of the loot in BFA are fucking massive, which means the more times you do the content the more consistent you are.

with 1 run you're completely at the mercy of RNG
    with 5 runs you can choose the best outcome.

who's gonna get a higher number on a diceroll
    the guy who rolls once or the guy who rolls 5 times and can choose the highest?
    You are again arguing that doing splits is somehow going to be even better than before. The weekly chest change benefits the average raider more, because it gives them more loot for free than ever, devaluing the drops from the raid and keeping them closer to the top guilds than they currently would be. The guy that rolls 5 times can choose the highest, yeah, but he can't add the result up anymore. The one getting lucky from the chest won't be the one that got lucky in the heroic clear. Then you are also not factoring the tier sets, where split running guilds enter mythic with everyone having 4pc, compared to other guilds in which practically no one has that. And now you are simply relying on if someone got lucky. Some people will get lucky in every average guild too.

Deleted
    99 problems and loot system is not one of them. Everything looks and feel same.. why this game needs loot system anymore? Remove loot, keep transmog items.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    You are again arguing that doing splits is somehow going to be even better than before. The weekly chest change benefits the average raider more, because it gives them more loot for free than ever, devaluing the drops from the raid and keeping them closer to the top guilds than they currently would be. The guy that rolls 5 times can choose the highest, yeah, but he can't add the result up anymore. The one getting lucky from the chest won't be the one that got lucky in the heroic clear. Then you are also not factoring the tier sets, where split running guilds enter mythic with everyone having 4pc, compared to other guilds in which practically no one has that. And now you are simply relying on if someone got lucky. Some people will get lucky in every average guild too.
    thats not what im arguing at all
    no its gonna be worse

it's just gonna be "less worse" than doing no splits at all.

and no you cant trade loot

because a: it needs to be lower ilvl (just because its higher ilvl doesnt mean its automatically better, or that its the most optimal for you in the raid)
    b: you cant trade azerite armor which are the most important things for gearing.
    A good fix would be loosening the restrictions on trading since that's what makes the new system a setback to players who do min-max, but then people would start abusing it by threatening players who don't trade.

It'd be great if they applied the loosened restrictions to mythic raiding, since that could even be an incentive for players to reach that level of challenge if they want the freedoms that come with it.

if it makes no difference to the vast majority, but benefits a hardcore minority, then why remove it at all.
    Because you are irrelevant.

You couldn't trade legendaries either, which were the most important thing in Legion. So what? Nothing new. And if you are arguing WoW systems should go back to WoD or earlier levels, then what you have to say is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    A good fix would be loosening the restrictions on trading since that's what makes the new system a setback to players who do min-max, but then people would start abusing it by threatening players who don't trade.

It'd be great if they applied the loosened restrictions to mythic raiding, since that could even be an incentive for players to reach that level of challenge if they want the freedoms that come with it.
    or... you know just enable ML for mythic raids?

it literally solves every problem

a toxic mythic guild cant function long term
    the demand for raiders is higher than the supply
    ML would make mythic raids for good and well organized raids more engaging and rewarding.

there's no downsides to ML in mythic raids
    at all.

every single mythic raid our guild has in BFA will have more players upset over loot than we would with ML
    I can guarantee that for you, I would stake real money on that fact.

"oh lets bring in this guys third alt warlock because we need warlocks for the first kill on this boss"

oh well he got a titanforged bis trinkets that our main warlock couldve used for the next boss
    well jolly I feel so rewarded by the PL system

"oh look now he bonus rolled another one but he cant trade cos he had the bigger one first"
    such a great rewarding and fair system

- - - Updated - - -

You couldn't trade legendaries either, which were the most important thing in Legion. So what? Nothing new. And if you are arguing WoW systems should go back to WoD or earlier levels, then what you have to say is irrelevant.
    yeah and EVERYONE loved the legendary system right, that's why they had to rework it like 15 times in the expac
    cos it was so well received

Because you are irrelevant.
    and yet they spend development time and money just to fuck with me
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-10 at 06:49 PM.

that's the new target audience

deal with it.

people who think doing well in a game is shameful and should be punished.
    Since I wasn't talking directly towards your statement, I'm not sure what your "deal with it" comment has to do with what I said. Unless you're JTBrig on another account, I don't think I was looking for an answer from you.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-07-10 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Since I wasn't talking directly towards your statement, I'm not sure what your "deal with it" comment has to do with anything.

I was specifically asking why he was shaming someone for being proud of being a Mythic raider. Your opinion on the target audience is irrelevant, as that was not my question.
    you misapprehended me.

i was agreeing with you albeit in a quite sarcastic fashion.

I'M just saying you shouldnt be surprised he's shaming someone for being a mythic raider, because those are the people blizz caters to atm.

you misaprehended me.

i was agreeing with you albeit in a quite sarcastic fashion.

I'M just saying you shouldnt be surprised he's shaming someone for being a mythic raider, because those are the people blizz caters to atm.
    Oh. I didn't detect the sarcasm, and I haven't been keeping up with your posts.

Oh, given his general attitude towards things he doesn't like, I'm not surprised. I just wanted to make sure because I couldn't believe that someone actually thinks it makes sense to insult someone for taking pride in doing the hardest difficulty.

I'm pretty sure most gamers that achieve a hard or difficult task are proud of it. Insecurity must run deep if you feel like insulting that person is valid.

I don't hate Personal Loot. What I hate is the prospect of Personal Loot being forced in an expansion that also makes about a quarter of the loot drops you're gonna be getting untradeable. Between Azerite gear and Warforge procs, a pretty big share of the loot you pick up is gonna be impossible to trade, even if it's a downgrade for you and an upgrade for the guy next to you.

It's that prevention of teamwork that doesn't sit well with me. Raiding should be about working together for the best results.

Especially since there was apparently a bug in the beta recently where some Azerite pieces accidentally became tradeable for a bit, and it worked perfectly. Which all but confirms that it's not a technical limitation, Blizzard have just made a conscious, deliberate decision to block trading Azerite gear drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    /sigh

Been raiding with the same folks since vanilla. As a tank a never get first dibs on gear anyway, our DPS gets geared first. We have always run 4 groups for each raid to help gear mains so that is always made it easier too.
    Because if you are any good as a tank you don't need any mythic gear to fully complete the raid and your difference in dps will be negligible compared to an actual dps. I would never take gear over a dps as long as I'm not having trouble surviving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    It’s a typical raid guild. Everyone complains about loot distribution. Stop assuming things just to justify your stance on the subject.
    I've never been in a guild that complains about loot distribution lol? Sounds like you are in a bad guild.
    Last edited by Xath; 2018-07-10 at 07:14 PM.

Ya your right I have never done any Mythic content....Oh Wait I have.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...-guard/landore

Best to not assume all you do is make a ass of yourself.

And before you go "oh you only did mythic EN" that's where my fucks to give about Mythic raiding ran out.
    you don't even have cutting edge xavius. your xavius kill is in december 2017, 14 months after mythic EN is released. you've technically done mythic but in your case that's like winning a middle school soccer tournament as a team of high schoolers. congrats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I am sorry that you cannot ninja loot any more.
    And I am sorry to not being able to ninja loot from others. I mean.. You would think joining a guild one would prefer personal loot over master loot, there's plenty of guilds raiding with personal loot.. In matter of fact, my previous guild went with personal loot. Wasn't very effective.. 4 weeks of clearing normal antorus and not a single one had a tier 4 bonus :P

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    then I refer you to option a

also 951 ilvl is literally nothing lol

it's like 2 weeks of playing.
    Fuck i'm just gonna have to kill myself because some dude on MMOC thinks i'm literally nothing. Seriously. You're so fucking cool dude. Can i be just like you when i grow up?

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    Fuck i'm just gonna have to kill myself because some dude on MMOC thinks i'm literally nothing. Seriously. You're so fucking cool dude. Can i be just like you when i grow up?
    you were the one bragging about it dude.

Deleted
    Congratulations Blizzard on making this happen, personal is the way to go, no more ninja looting, and trust me, people against personal loot are most likely proud ninja's, thinking its cool.

Deleted
    Ya your right I have never done any Mythic content....Oh Wait I have.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...-guard/landore

Best to not assume all you do is make a ass of yourself.

And before you go "oh you only did mythic EN" that's where my fucks to give about Mythic raiding ran out.
    Cute! A full mythic emerald nightmare clear in December 2017! You've outgeared that specific content with what? 100+ ilvls?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Congratulations Blizzard on making this happen, personal is the way to go, no more ninja looting, and trust me, people against personal loot are most likely proud ninja's, thinking its cool.
    I don't get it? Why not just raid with a guild that goes personal loot than to ruin it for the rest of us? What satisfaction do people like you get out of ruining it for everybody else? I mean, there are so many guilds out there that raids with personal loot, so it really baffles me! Hopefully you can tell me why