Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which spec for BfA?

I was gonna play either Fury Warrior or Demonology Lock, but then I heard that there was a rather gnarly nerf to Demo. So should I go Warrior, or is Demo still good, or perhaps Aff/Destro (pref Destro.....haven't played that yet really).

Seems you looking for a fotm spec.

Demo is fun but the damage is appalling was overnerfed and will continue on this state the also demo aoe is clunky and talent dependent wich is bad for M+, story repeats itself. Destro might be the go spec.

I would go Fury warr, its fun and its capable.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    destro if it doesn't get turbo nerfed before launch

Demo did get a big nerf but you cant really judge it yet they could beef it back up with a hotfix. Or at max level it could. Totally go OP again

I tried all 3 and demon seems to be the more complex spec.

Destro and afflic are comfortable and easy to learn, demon seems more for experienced players.

Raid encounters will dictate which spec to play, but all 3 seems playable for HC.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    aff for level
    destro for m+
    demo whenever blizzard buffs it

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard among the warlocks that destro looks to be the go to for BFA, in terms of performance. No idea about warriors.

I'm sticking with demo despite the recent nerfs to overall damage. I'm just happy it's actually a fun spec to play after the mess that was the Legion incarnation.

Destro will probably be overpowered in prepatch which will force Blizzard to nerf it. Destro will be overnerfed and be shit untill 8.1 as is tradition. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Ganksinatra View Post
    I was gonna play either Fury Warrior or Demonology Lock, but then I heard that there was a rather gnarly nerf to Demo. So should I go Warrior, or is Demo still good, or perhaps Aff/Destro (pref Destro.....haven't played that yet really).
    If buffs / nerfs concern you at this stage there is no way to suggest anything since tuning could dramatically change at any point.

Right now the correct answer is whatever you find fun.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Destro has the numbers right now of the 3 specs. Not bad mechanics except really suffers to movement. Blizz is likely to pull a 12% nerf or so the very week before launch as it has literally done historically.

YMMV but demo is fun just wildly over nerfed so only fan boys will play it. All that hard work...nerfed to a cliche. Aff feels like a steaming pile of poo by many accounts (try it yourself and judge) but it’s just not exciting and blizz has proven there are dozens more specs that are more fun to spend your game time in. You CAN drive a 80’s economy car it just kinda sucks vs what we drive every day now. Dot specs become less and less relevant in wow as the meta game’s pace speeds up and they keep cramming 2004 stuff into affliction (more ramp/less mobile/less burst) while giving the new STM to spriests (doesn’t kill you, lasts 60 seconds, full KJC, double insanity, 4 min cd). Who do you think the RL will stack for mythic critical phases? Especially helter skelter stuff since every lock cooldown demands we plant and cast. (Nether portal, infernal+darksoul, etc)

If you are looking to get invited to pugs and stuff go with a fotm and alt the lock the way things look now. If you love the lock play it and why did you even ask?

Historically locks launch like shit and take major content patches to get any kind of help that has been plainly discussed since alpha. It just takes that long for the egos in blizzard or whatever to come around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganksinatra View Post
    I am rolling destro. The visuals / new casting animations, the overall speed, the flow it all has me going "wow this is a crazy spec!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    aff for level
    destro for m+
    demo whenever blizzard buffs it
    Honest question, destro for m+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Destro has a strong build for mythic plus dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Really strong for mythic plus. Personally I really enjoy the spec. Cataclysm + Rain of fire = gg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Destro has a strong build for mythic plus dungeons.
    Agreed mate

Quote Originally Posted by Trollololock View Post
    Really strong for mythic plus. Personally I really enjoy the spec. Cataclysm + Rain of fire = gg.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed mate
    Dude dont forget Channel Demonfire!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Dude dont forget Channel Demonfire!!!
    That too! Awesome animation and awesome spell

Aflic have a 1shot every 3mins.

Tell me more about this destro bfa mythic spec. I plan on playing a Warlock and doing mostly mythic +. It's what I enjoy the most.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    Tell me more about this destro bfa mythic spec. I plan on playing a Warlock and doing mostly mythic +. It's what I enjoy the most.
    you could consider experimenting on PTR, since its literally open for everyone. Current Azeroth traits have almost 0 impact on play, so your PTR toon minus legendaries and tier are basically going to be your specs going into 120.
    Don't be like haunt guy.